Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

• 5 months later...
58 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Looks like two albino ducks having an argument. I love in ear Bluetooth jobs. The perfect excuse to blank people at work. 

I changed my phone and the suggested bundle was IPhone pro headphones but when I selected it there was never any in stock. Got them direct from Apple instead and they put your name on the case for free. Result. 

I haven't had in ear for a good while as most Apple ones were shite but these are supposed to be the bollocks. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Reminds me I'm needing get some new trainers. Back in the Doc's having just worn through the sole of last favourite pair of gutties. I couldn't be seen in these parts wearing those orange and blue fuckers though, they would attract the attention of the the heavy contingent of weird handshake folk and all manner of awkwardness would ensue when I step into my new local, which is a stonesthrow from the masonic hall and appropriately called The Empire. 

Trying to get back on topic (though it doesn't really fall under materialism) I've just spent a small fucking fortune on child safety devices having (thankfully) just noticed none of our upstairs windows lock and are massive safety issue for kids bedrooms. Spent a good hour after that wandering around the new digs looking for ways the kids could easily kill or seriously injure them. Probably went a bit overboard and will return half of it once the windows are child-proof and I've reeled myself back in from "oh fuck this place is a deathtrap, I've made a huge mistake" mode.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Back in the Doc's.

This is where I find myself at the moment but buying Solovair made versions (English made in one of the original factories instead of the Chinese overpriced Docs) - even buying cherry (what they call rub off, so polished black over cherry).

Rains so much here recently trainers are fucking pain.

• Like 2

just bought these suckas because i'm a flash twat. had the exact same trainer when they first came out but they haven't done them in the original gold/silver for years so thought i'd treat myself 

image.png.0228148bb43c4b8f2fd6e4e8514cbbde.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

just bought these suckas because i'm a flash twat. had the exact same trainer when they first came out but they haven't done them in the original gold/silver for years so thought i'd treat myself 

image.png.0228148bb43c4b8f2fd6e4e8514cbbde.png

Must be a flash London mid life crisis bellend thing, as I bought a pair (and a pair of the silver ones) last week.

Important to look like a proper twat when doing the school drop off.

• Haha 5

Incidentally the Nike website does custom ones. So you could just make them look like the original gold or silver ones. As opposed to abhorrations most of the reissues are in terms of colour schemes. They only cost an extra tenner or so iirc 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Incidentally the Nike website does custom ones. So you could just make them look like the original gold or silver ones. As opposed to abhorrations most of the reissues are in terms of colour schemes. They only cost an extra tenner or so iirc 

I’ve bought a few pair of customised Nike Internationalist from there. All hideous and all met with a look of utter disdain from my Mrs.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I’ve bought a few pair of customised Nike Internationalist from there. All hideous and all met with a look of utter disdain from my Mrs.

I got myself a pair of the air max 97s as I got a £100 voucher. Basically paid a premium for them being really plain and boring. I was into them first time round so I’m kidding myself I don’t look like a sad old man 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

I got myself a pair of the air max 97s as I got a £100 voucher. Basically paid a premium for them being really plain and boring. I was into them first time round so I’m kidding myself I don’t look like a sad old man 

Plain and boring but still Air Max 97s so you at least get some respect from fellow sad old men.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Gloom scooting about like Ali-G on meth and people are taking the piss out of me Lego shoes. 

Ant should have deleted this place 

The only thing those boyos are missing is velcro instead of the laces. :lol:

• Haha 2