Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

I've decided to recommence learning the Guitar that's stood in my corner ever since I snapped a string.

ga30.jpg

And a new set of strings.

I'm back on the path to becoming the new Dave Gilmour

I'm sure Jimi 'T-Keith' Hendrix will be able to tell me whether i've bought a shite tuner. It was only £11, like :D

Probably the only famous person with the same surname as me.

I've decided to recommence learning the Guitar that's stood in my corner ever since I snapped a string.

ga30.jpg

I'm sure Jimi 'T-Keith' Hendrix will be able to tell me whether i've bought a shite tuner. It was only £11, like :D

* Bill Gilmour (director) (born 1939), television director for soap opera Coronation Street

* Billy Gilmour (1885–1959), Canadian ice hockey player

* David Gilmour (writer) (born 1949), Canadian novelist and journalist

* Dean Gilmour, Canadian dramatist

* Doug Gilmour (born 1963), Canadian ice hockey player

* Ian Gilmour, Baron Gilmour of Craigmillar (born 1926), British politician

* John Gilmour, various, including

o Sir John Gilmour, 2nd Baronet (1876–1940), Scottish politician

o Sir John Gilmour, 3rd Baronet (1912–2007), Scottish politician

* Gilmour Academy, K-12 college preparatory school located in Gates Mills, Ohio, USA

* Happy Gilmour, Adam Sandler film character

:icon_lol:

Wasn't that 'Gilmore' though but?

I don't know tbh, I wouldn't be seen dead watching an Adam Sandler film (unless of course, he was in the safe hands of a director of PT Andersons calibre).

:D

I don't know tbh, I wouldn't be seen dead watching an Adam Sandler film (unless of course, he was in the safe hands of a director of PT Andersons calibre).

Oh I dunno. Generally his stuff makes me chuckle mindlessly. The Waterboy makes me laugh every time I watch it and I'm not sure why.

Oh I dunno. Generally his stuff makes me chuckle mindlessly. The Waterboy makes me laugh every time I watch it and I'm not sure why.

ahhh Now I get it.

Radgi's been on the booze again and isn't confident of typing much without looking like she's using a leg of lamb to tap at the keys

ahhh Now I get it.

Radgi's been on the booze again and isn't confident of typing much without looking like she's using a leg of lamb to tap at the keys

correct !!!! I will stick to the smiley faces ..... :D

ga30.jpg

It'l do the job man!

Careful fitting the strings too.

If they aren't fit properly it can cause tuning problems that the beginner guitar player wouldn't spot.

Eg. you could be doing everything right but it would sound wrong and you wouldn't know why and you'd pobs give up again! :icon_lol:

ga30.jpg

* Bill Gilmour (director) (born 1939), television director for soap opera Coronation Street

* Billy Gilmour (1885–1959), Canadian ice hockey player

* David Gilmour (writer) (born 1949), Canadian novelist and journalist

* Dean Gilmour, Canadian dramatist

* Doug Gilmour (born 1963), Canadian ice hockey player

* Ian Gilmour, Baron Gilmour of Craigmillar (born 1926), British politician

* John Gilmour, various, including

o Sir John Gilmour, 2nd Baronet (1876–1940), Scottish politician

o Sir John Gilmour, 3rd Baronet (1912–2007), Scottish politician

* Gilmour Academy, K-12 college preparatory school located in Gates Mills, Ohio, USA

Haven't got a clue who any of them are, there was some Australian cricketer, who shares my exact name, Gary Gilmour, hadn't heard of him previously either.

ga30.jpg

It'l do the job man!

If they aren't fit properly it can cause tuning problems that the beginner guitar player wouldn't spot.

Eg. you could be doing everything right but it would sound wrong and you wouldn't know why and you'd pobs give up again! :icon_lol:

Good job I got a few packs of strings because the first one I tried to fit snapped (after I kept faffing about because it sounded wrong, just like you said) and has left a nasty gash in the top of my hand. Result.

That record shop next to Sgt Peppers is having a sale this weekend.

All you can carry for a tenner in one section. Up to 20% off all sections. Loads of CD's £3.99

I was expecting to have loads to put in this thread, but I left with nowt.

Very poor 80's vinyl in abundance with manky students sat on the floor flicking through every one of them.

ga30.jpg

It'l do the job man!

Good job I got a few packs of strings because the first one I tried to fit snapped (after I kept faffing about because it sounded wrong, just like you said) and has left a nasty gash in the top of my hand. Result.

What kind of guitar have you got / amp?

Acoustics can be a fuck around wheareas i find electrics are a bit more clinical

ga30.jpg

It'l do the job man!

Eg. you could be doing everything right but it would sound wrong

and you wouldn't know why and you'd pobs give up again! :icon_lol:

Acoustics can be a fuck around wheareas i find electrics are a bit more clinical

Just a Fender Squier until I feel like i'm good enough to spend money on something better.

ga30.jpg

It'l do the job man!

Just a Fender Squier until I feel like i'm good enough to spend money on something better.

Yeh good call,

Is it a Strat like?

Just keep it in tune, keep practising and learn some good tunes and youl be on your way

ga30.jpg

It'l do the job man!

Yeh good call,

Is it a Strat like?

Just keep it in tune, keep practising and learn some good tunes and youl be on your way

Yeah, it's a Strat.

I was coming along quite well until I snapped the string the first time round, it's just sat in the corner for the best part of a year gathering dust. Annoying now to think that if i'd pulled my finger out and sorted it when it first happened I could actually be in some way competent :headphonedance:

Ho hum.

ga30.jpg

It'l do the job man!

Yeh good call,

Is it a Strat like?

Yeah, it's a Strat.

I was coming along quite well until I snapped the string the first time round, it's just sat in the corner for the best part of a year gathering dust. Annoying now to think that if i'd pulled my finger out and sorted it when it first happened I could actually be in some way competent :headphonedance:

Ho hum.

Just give it time,

Practice scales and chords an hour a day and youl be decent in a month,

maybe learn a song a week after the first two weeks,

nothing too hard obivously!

ga30.jpg

I'm sure Jimi 'T-Keith' Hendrix will be able to tell me whether i've bought a shite tuner. It was only £11, like :icon_lol:

It'l do the job man!

and you wouldn't know why and you'd pobs give up again! :headphonedance:

Yeh good call,

Is it a Strat like?

Yeah, it's a Strat.

Ho hum.

Just give it time,

Practice scales and chords an hour a day and youl be decent in a month,

maybe learn a song a week after the first two weeks,

nothing too hard obivously!

Will do.

Cheers for the tips :D

Pair of Jeans and two shirts all for the princely sum of ....£50

fucking Bargain! Shirts were from H&M for £10 (two for the price of one) and the jeans were from Harvey Nichols for £40, a 75% discount :D