Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

5369043xzf5.jpg

Pre-ordered for when it comes out on Monday.

....but.... Rapidshare :rolleyes: .... :snakehips:

I prefer to buy things like this, as I like to collect them as well. I download them by all means before they are out.

5369043xzf5.jpg

I prefer to buy things like this, as I like to collect them as well. I download them by all means before they are out.

I thought you were getting all ethical on me for a moment.... :rolleyes:

5501261x.jpg

First one I've bought since Tiger 2004 for the PS2. It's got all the great features of 04, but an even better control system. It's harder (or maybe I'm out of practice) but is much more realistic.

unfortunately, it's missing the humorous commentary off the earlier version. Nothing like having the piss ripped out of you and told you're "in deep doo doo" when you've just sliced a shot into the rough :rolleyes:

Incidentally, I bought it of ebay (new) and it's a Jap import I think. Works great on my standard, UK PAL 360 :rolleyes:

Mrs Paws likes it too :snakehips:

Looking forward to the 4 way tournaments between me, mrs paws, my bro and his missus across the tinterweb.

Edited by maggiespaws

5369043xzf5.jpg

I thought you were getting all ethical on me for a moment.... :rolleyes:

Don't you feel even a little bit guilty that despite your love and enthusiasm towards this show you haven't given a penny to the people that made it? The creators of The Wire have just made a pilot for another series, I hope it gets the green light but it might not. The Wire has been critically acclaimed but, due to poor scheduling and pikey bastards like us downloading it, hasn't had the level of commercial success that it deserves, far more than shit like Friends and Sex and The City. If David Simon & co were considered 'bankers' by the TV industry then their new series (about post Katrina New Orleans musicians) wouldn't face an uncertain future.

I've never bought a series either fwiw, although I will rectify that today by getting my brother the first couple for a leaving present for university.

My Dad passed away recently and with some the of money we each had I bought myself a beautiful painting by a local artist (Gordon Allen) I wanted something special 'from Dad' so to speak.

Also a not so exciting fridge freezer and some jewellery.

My Dad passed away recently and with some the of money we each had I bought myself a beautiful painting by a local artist (Gordon Allen) I wanted something special 'from Dad' so to speak.

Sorry for your loss me dear. ;)

Hope you are ok. :read:

+1

Cracking artist too linky

+1

Cracking artist too linky

Thanks very much chaps. Still feeling very emotional I guess. Although Dad died in a hospital there had to be a post mortem and an inquest, which is still going on. I miss him and feel pretty cut up about those last few months, at least he's not suffering anymore. So I tell myself to think of that and not my own hurt.

Yeah Gordon Allen is a very good artitst, I bought a large original of Brixham harbour by moonlight. The art gallery is there too.

Some more of his work

http://www.strandartgallery.com/allen1.html

Edited by Toonraider