Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

I imagine a lot of fatalities are super bike riders. I'm happy to chug along on a cruiser at 40-50 being ultra cautious. I'm riding it to look like a fucking dude, not to break the land speed. record

Nope, a lot of fatalities are normal bike riders chugging along at 40-50. It depends on what hits you and where you land.

Good luck looking like a "fucking dude" too. The fact that you typed that phrase automatically means that you won't.

Nope, a lot of fatalities are normal bike riders chugging along at 40-50. It depends on what hits you and where you land.

Good luck looking like a "fucking dude" too. The fact that you typed that phrase automatically means that you won't.

Alreet Ma. My whole family are nurses, I'm not going to change my mind because they say it's a bit dangerous.

I also worked in A&E. The myth that there's a steady stream of dead bikers being wheeled through the doors is bullshit. I wrapped up just as many car drivers

Nail on the head there.

As a % of number of cars on the road vs number of bikes would be more revealing

If Theres one bike to every ten cars you're going to get more car drivers in terms of flat numbers

Some right cheery cunt on here tonight! Everyone looking forward to work in the morning are we?

I'm not

Mostly cause I've got the day off

Alreet Ma. My whole family are nurses, I'm not going to change my mind because they say it's a bit dangerous.

I also worked in A&E. The myth that there's a steady stream of dead bikers being wheeled through the doors is bullshit. I wrapped up just as many car drivers

I know where you worked, and I know what the messiest cases are that I get in theatre. Good luck to you with your bike - I hope it's cool as fuck. Makes no odds to me! :lol:

Some right cheery cunt on here tonight! Everyone looking forward to work in the morning are we?

Off til Thursday night here. I couldn't be happier! ;)

As a % of number of cars on the road vs number of bikes would be more revealing

If Theres one bike to every ten cars you're going to get more car drivers in terms of flat numbers

This took me about one nano-second to dig up on google:

Motorcyclists have an especially poor safety record when compared to other road

user groups. Their killed and serious injury (KSI) rate in the UK, per million vehicle

kilometres, is approximately twice that of pedal cyclists and over 16 times that of

car drivers and passengers. Motorcyclists make up less than 1% of vehicle traffic but

their riders suffer 14% of total deaths and serious injuries on Britain’s roads (DETR,

2000).

26,192 motorcyclists (this figure includes moped and scooter riders) and pillion

passengers were injured in reported accidents in Great Britain in 1999. 6,361 of

these injuries were considered serious, and 547 motorcyclists and passengers were

killed. In the same year 205,735 car drivers and passengers were injured in

accidents. 18,681 of these injuries were considered serious, and 1,687 drivers and

passengers died.

In 1999 a motorcyclist was killed or seriously injured for every 665,894 kilometres

ridden. Car drivers, however, covered an average of 18,661,626 kilometres before a

serious injury or death occurred. According to these figures, in 1999 motorcyclists

were approximately 28 times more likely to be killed or seriously injured on the

roads in Great Britain than car drivers.

I know where you worked, and I know what the messiest cases are that I get in theatre. Good luck to you with your bike - I hope it's cool as fuck. Makes no odds to me! :lol:

Never known an ambulance take a casualty direct to theatre like. Are we really playing hospital wars?

This took me about one nano-second to dig up on google:

Motorcyclists have an especially poor safety record when compared to other road

user groups. Their killed and serious injury (KSI) rate in the UK, per million vehicle

kilometres, is approximately twice that of pedal cyclists and over 16 times that of

car drivers and passengers. Motorcyclists make up less than 1% of vehicle traffic but

their riders suffer 14% of total deaths and serious injuries on Britain’s roads (DETR,

2000).

26,192 motorcyclists (this figure includes moped and scooter riders) and pillion

passengers were injured in reported accidents in Great Britain in 1999. 6,361 of

these injuries were considered serious, and 547 motorcyclists and passengers were

killed. In the same year 205,735 car drivers and passengers were injured in

accidents. 18,681 of these injuries were considered serious, and 1,687 drivers and

passengers died.

In 1999 a motorcyclist was killed or seriously injured for every 665,894 kilometres

ridden. Car drivers, however, covered an average of 18,661,626 kilometres before a

serious injury or death occurred. According to these figures, in 1999 motorcyclists

were approximately 28 times more likely to be killed or seriously injured on the

roads in Great Britain than car drivers.

Change the fucking record man, 567 people died. 100'000+ survived. I'll take those odds