Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Out of interest Gejon how much do you weight? Other than a "fit bloke at your gym weighing XX stone", you seem to regard 15 stone as some sort of mythical number :lol:

Every other bloke here in scandinavia is 14-15 stone, and very few work out. Its quite normal like :lol:

40st pure muscle.

In all seriousmess, you look in very good shape but you really don't look like a 15 stone man. I would say 13 at best so it seemed odd you were trying to make yourself bigger than you are (if you are fair enough but you really don't look like you carry enough muscle or fat to weight that much).

Because I am tall, there is a bigger frame so filling out throughout takes longer and you dont really look as big in pictures ( not that im "big, im not).

Smaller persons get "jacked" faster and look bigger in pictures because there is less frame for the muscle to be distributed throughout.

If you look at bodybuilding you will notice alot of the contestants are fairly small ( 95% of them are under 6 feet, many by a fair margin).

I could take a picture of the bath scale later if I was bothered, but I guess I understand your scepticism. I dont look very big in the pictures ( nor do I have any desire to do so :P)

Another thing is that there are different kinds of muscle. If you pump like a body builder, you will retain alot of pump and water, the muscle will be inflated and look much bigger.

If you train with few reps and heavy loads, you will develop denser muscle fibres and not as bulbous muscles, but they will be stronger and they will also remain even if you dont work out for a while unlike bloat-muscles from 20 reps-exercises which makes you big for a day or two and you look deflated after 2 weeks on holiday.

There is a books worth of things to debate this but its alright. I dont look like a 15 stone lad and thats fine, its just a number without meaning.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Fair enough, I do disagree with a lot of that mind (like him doing high reps of low weight for example).

Also you said pictures make you look bigger (he looks bigger in real life).

Anyway we have made the thread very boring :D

Edited by Gejon

Fair enough, I do disagree with a lot of that mind (like him doing high reps of low weight for example).

Also you said pictures make you look bigger (he looks bigger in real life), whereas you look smaller :lol:

Anyway we have made the thread very boring :D

Yeah, small guys look bigger in pictures, taller guys look smaller :lol:

When you have no point of reference thats what happends.

Every days a school day!

Edited by Lake Bells tits

40st pure muscle.

In all seriousmess, you look in very good shape but you really don't look like a 15 stone man. I would say 13 at best so it seemed odd you were trying to make yourself bigger than you are (if you are fair enough but you really don't look like you carry enough muscle or fat to weight that much).

13 stone is just over 80kg, so I'd be just under 13 stone.

LBT definitely looks heavier than that.

Taking the 2nd place trophy was Shane Raymond. The Central heavyweight champion arrived in Glasgow arguably as one of the favourites to take home the title. On this day, however, he was unable to bring to Glasgow the level of conditioning he showcased at the qualifier. Massively muscled from head to toe, Shane caught the judge’s eye on account of his superior symmetry, yet in comparison to the rock hard physique of Mark Claxton, was exposed as just being too soft to challenge for top honours at these championships.

But yeah in this competition where everyone is drug tested he is the one who managed to beat the test and come through despite taking illegal substances :lol:

I think HGH is only detectable for 72 hours max tbf.

Well first of all he is 3 inches shorter than me, second of all much lower fat % so he looks bigger, although I dont think he is really.

Third roids much? Look at that neck :lol:

Im not big by any means but Im not skinny either, 210 lbs is a normal weight for a bloke here in scandinavia.

x3MzR.jpg

Can only hope that some of you photo shopping boys are at work :lol:

This dude got away with cycling steroids for years. Just been busted

alistair-overeem-ufc-141_crop_650x440.jpg

This is what he used to look like

AlistairOvereem1.jpg

Alistair Overeem used to cut himself down to every tournament and eat loads of vegetables instead of meat to retain his leanness.

Finally he decided to move up to another weight category, stopped cutting and started loading on with horsemeat as well as hitting the weights. Along with the natural muscular development that occurs when you are going through your 20`s, alot of it is natural.

He might have taken roids, but that is not the main reason he became so huge. Its mainly that he stopped cutting and started bulking up.

Fantastic fighter btw, Im a fanboy. Hope he destroys JDS in a month.

Has Overeem tested positive for roids yet? I know he had a 14:1 testosterone level, but they hadn't found out exactly what he was taking. Dana White has been quiet about it and refused to answer questions, I think it was probably well known within MMA circles that Overeem was 'OVER-INDULGING' , if you get what I'm saying with that subtle joke.

As for LBT, what do you think you're playing at? People accused you of making homoerotic posts when you were talking about your bodyfat, you denied it, and then go on to post near-naked photographs of yourself flexing. No one here is going to subscribe to your webcam shows, give it a rest. It's good to exercise, keep fit and eat well, but when you take it to the extremes that you do, it is probably unhealthy and unsound from a psychological viewpoint.