Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

I've bought the Leap Pad Ultra after all. I've also ordered the Leap Reader which looks like a canny little gadget to help with the bairns new-found reading and writing skills.

My mam is going Old Skool and has bought him a load of Ladybird books from years gone by. The Elves and the Shoemaker, Billy Goats Gruff, Enormous Turnip, The Magic Porridge Pot etc.

This 'Black Friday'.

How? When? Where? :lol:

If you put an 'eyed' in between the two words then you have a local tradition/saying but as for the former? I'm going to take a wild guess here and say it's another American tradition that we've now got to adopt over here?

Only in America....

Aye pretty much. The stores have almost tried to make it into the problem it is now as they have in store deals that are sometimes even under time constraints like 9-1 only, then they stick a 40" TV on sale for $98 only stock 3 of them in a massive store and watch poor people maul each other for them, depressing tbh. All done on the evening of a day that's about being thankful for what you have :lol:.

I really hope this sort of thing doesn't get started back home, but we're not too far off now with some of the new years day sales, well aside from the stabbings over car parking spaces (which happened here this year). I saw a video online of a bloke in a walmart having some sort of problem (possibly a heart attack) and fell into a display of blu-ray or DVD players and the mob just pounced on the pile of dvd's like tramps on hot chips, then they got angry when the police made them step back.

just as bad in london this year, according to a bloke I was talking to today.

which is obviously concrete evidence.

Oh we're definitely going down that route, it's awful.