Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2017 at 10:03 AM, Ant said:

It's no ChaseHQ

Funnily enough there was a bloke in Belfast trying to sell me a Chase HQ last week!

I ended up buying an Afterburner instead :icon_lol:

Thats my savings gone/invested now

C5DF58F2-9B16-403D-A30C-A71E7BAD19FE_zps

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That looks great.

Thanks.

I took the wheels off to get them powdercoated but had a bit of a mare! The painters sandblasted all of the bolt holes and stripped the threads. It was a right ball ache getting the brake disc back on the wheel! 

Just now, Ant said:

not just rethread them?

wheels on my are kerbed to bits , glad they're only replicas , decent wheels on a daily driver just aren't worth it at all

I did on 4 of the 5 bolts. The 5th one I got the bolt stuck in and had to drill it out, fucked up the entire hole. I contemplated drilling a bigger hole but if I messed it up I'd have to buy a whole new wheel and get it sprayed again. The brake disc is running on 4 bolts with a 5th one glued in :lol: Should be fine, it's not like I'm riding a fireblade and hammering the brakes on at 120mph (famous last words)

• 2 weeks later...

I won't know until it arrives on Friday. 

And while it is £1000, it does keep some value. I can still get £320 for my three year old 6 plus on ebay so it's really costing me under £700 to upgrade. Roughly £4 a week if I keep it as long as my current phone.