Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I set up an echo for my dad at the weekend. Pile of shite imo.

Does he have the smart home devices to make the most of it? Like smart plugs, Nest/Hive type things?

50 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Echos for teenage girls mostly.

How's that?

Teenage girls big fans of remotely setting the thermostat are they? :lol:

8 minutes ago, strawb said:

Not really a fan of google or amazon being able to hear what I talk about in my house tbh (tin foil hat on)

I've thought about that a fair bit and I realised I don't give a shit.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

How's that?

Teenage girls big fans of remotely setting the thermostat are they? :lol:

Well my teenage girl basically bellows at Alexa to play music or wake her up.

As for paying all the expense just to sit on your arse and dim the lights etc. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I hope you follow that by bellowing "...before you go-go!". Every single time she does it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJS said:

If you have a home automation setup then the Echo  and the Google home work well. If not then don't bother as the novelty value of weather/music/jokes etc isn't worth it. 

Yeah we're getting Hive or Nest installed when we get a house in the new year, but I figured it could be a thing that people could buy me now, so they don't end up wasting money on shit I don't want or need. Like a Tool Kit. Or a "funny" book of awful taxidermy.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

As for paying all the expense just to sit on your arse and dim the lights etc. :lol:

Partly the media side of things, but mostly having a smarthome appeals to me. Mostly because I want to be Iron Man. 

artificial-intelligence-in-business.gif

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

And way too old for a hatchback.

Took an old 5 series estate out for a test drive, but it felt old, brakes were spongy as fuck and the upholstery was tired. When it was clear the sale wasn't looking positive the salesman gave up and acted like a right sullen cunt. So I go to test drive another couple of cars I'd found. Just so happens one of them is at a sister dealership of this place. I get there, am treated well, take the 1 Series out for a test drive and love it, go away "to think about it", get £400 knocked off the price and pick the car up the next day. Job's a good un.

Then I get a phonecall from the branch manager who says the first guy is claiming that because he saw me first, I'm his customer and he should get the commission :lol: 

He didn't sell me the car he showed me, he didn't show me the car I bought, and in truth he put me off buying the car he showed me. 

Salesmen... all cunts, but this one was premium grade arsehole. :lol: