Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

13 minutes ago, adios said:

All you've done here, Dave, is force a campaign of cat crap on your neighbours, up and down Bramhall.  Very selfish.

I'm ok with that, it'll give my new neighbours and I something to bond over.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'll be buying a house AGAIN later this year. Can't back the wails of the zombie sea gull keeping me awake at night. 

:lol: Proper fucking Victor Meldrew you like

So, you're waiting in to show some people round your house and an elderly retired couple arrive. Hmmmn. After 63 seconds it transpires they are after a bungalow. Does this semi-detached house look like a fucking bungalow you nebby bastards?! :mad:

Edited by Renton

16 hours ago, Renton said:

I'll be buying a house AGAIN later this year. Can't back the wails of the zombie sea gull keeping me awake at night. 

Will you be taking the stained glass window with you?

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Jesus wept, how much have you spent on stamp duty, solicitors fees, searches and removals in the past 7 yrs?!

I don't even like to think about it. Probably enough to buy a......... house. This is going to have to be the last one like. I'm running out of life. :blink:

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't even like to think about it. Probably enough to buy a......... house. This is going to have to be the last one like. I'm running out of life. :blink:

We're not planning to leave this house for decades. Big enough to grow into and room to grow the house itself, if needs be. Moving seems to be a lot of money disappearing into the pockets of shiftless arseholes. Fortunate that we're first time buyers, otherwise Stamp Duty alone would have been over £10k!

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

We're not planning to leave this house for decades. Big enough to grow into and room to grow the house itself, if needs be. Moving seems to be a lot of money disappearing into the pockets of shiftless arseholes. Fortunate that we're first time buyers, otherwise Stamp Duty alone would have been over £10k!

Stealth boast. :razz:

Aye, stamp duty is the killer, the rest is incidental really. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Loved the seagull saga :lol:

was it really 7 years ago? :jesuswept:

No, silly.

Stainglassedwindowgate was about 10 years ago, when Dave was a double glazing sales man.

Seagullgate was less than 2 years ago. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Stealth boast. :razz:

Aye, stamp duty is the killer, the rest is incidental really. 

Paid hundreds in surveys and searches. Most came back "Yeah it seems fine, but if you want a full exhaustive investigation we'll charge you another £x00 but you'll get a dvd!" Oh aye, I'm going to settle down in front of the fire with a glass of wine to watch a camera push through years of faeces and waste. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

No, silly.

Stainglassedwindowgate was about 10 years ago, when Dave was a double glazing sales man.

Seagullgate was less than 2 years ago. 

Hey! Fuck you! No need to bring that up at all! Classic diversionary tactics.

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

Paid hundreds in surveys and searches. Most came back "Yeah it seems fine, but if you want a full exhaustive investigation we'll charge you another £x00 but you'll get a dvd!" Oh aye, I'm going to settle down in front of the fire with a glass of wine to watch a camera push through years of faeces and waste. 

Only you would watch 2 Girls One Cup with a glass of wine. 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You were born in the wrong body Fish

You're right, I've the sensibilities and tastes of a golden haired adonis.