Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

This was 89/90. 
We used to go to the Royal Park pub to score,  it was like a Wild West saloon then. :lol:

Right by the Brudenell, which used to be quality, but then it went a bit try hard.

The music venue was still class 4yrs ago, but the grimy cheap boozeria was converted into a chrome and wanky bar.

• 6 months later...

Exchanged my end of PCP Kia Ceed, for a newer VW Polo. 

Honestly I would have been happy enough to buy the Kia, but didn't have £6k lying around. Took the old car to the local Kia dealership but they were oscillating between trying the hard sell on a Corsa, or being utterly disinterested.

VW were just much less cunty and therefore much more likely to get my business. 

• 4 weeks later...

In the last 48 hours I've just bought a new garden shed and an Edgar Allan Poe book. I've really fucking missed having a shed and looking forward to freezing my knackers off and getting to read in peace under the guise of working. 

I've also bought a pry-bar, which was useful for lifting and levelling the paving slabs that the shed will sit on but will be even more handy if I get caught reading my Poe book in my new shed. I can use it to discretely break into someone else's shed and sit and read there instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

In the last 48 hours I've just bought a new garden shed and an Edgar Allan Poe book. I've really fucking missed having a shed and looking forward to freezing my knackers off and getting to read in peace under the guise of working. 

I've also bought a pry-bar, which was useful for lifting and levelling the paving slabs that the shed will sit on but will be even more handy if I get caught reading my Poe book in my new shed. I can use it to discretely break into someone else's shed and sit and read there instead.

MF-like behaviour :smile:

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Ooohm, nice.

I've asked Santa for some garage shelving.

And I'm not even kidding. :(

Which one of the several potential calamities possible here is the one we think will DEFINITELY happen to Renton, then? :lol:

• Haha 2

:lol:
Only partly delivered, which our erstwhile hero will only discover after he starts building them- multiple exasperated calls to “Michael” in the call-centre in Delhi later, our plucky apprentice joiner gives up and buys a cheap replacement from B&Q…

… which will be missing parts. :lol:

• Haha 2

Nah, when he fucks up the shelving, he'll give up and just use the cardboard boxes they came in as an ersatz storage solution.

As moisture makes them sag, he too will crumple under the realisation that he's no Handy Andy.

Alternatively, it will all work out swimmingly and solve all my garage related storage problems? And I will further contemplate what has become of my life. 

Over It Abandon Thread GIF

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Buy sell buy sell, no need for storage :) 

Can you teach Mrs Fish that Mantra? We moved into this house about 5 years ago and that fucking basement still has shit in there that has been there since then. I've said that, given the authority, I could clear it out in a weekend, but NOOOooOOOOoooo sometime soon we just might need that still mint in box pan set.

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Buy sell buy sell, no need for storage :) 

I am imagining it is a transitional place for this, not long-term storage. That shit is all gathering dust in the attic. <_<