Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

I'd watch Firefly before you watch Serenity alex, it's by the same guy who did Angel and Buffy, so you know what to expect. Snappy dialogue, decent humour and affable characters. Don't expect social commentary or subtle nuance lead plot lines.

Shit TV for 13 year old american virgins? Fish im disappointed

Remarks like that persuade me that Wacky's opinion of you is correct.

Only Babylon 5 has ever bettered Angel in TV terms.

Pisstake shirley?

I'd watch Firefly before you watch Serenity alex, it's by the same guy who did Angel and Buffy, so you know what to expect. Snappy dialogue, decent humour and affable characters. Don't expect social commentary or subtle nuance lead plot lines.

Shit TV for 13 year old american virgins? Fish im disappointed

Remarks like that persuade me that Wacky's opinion of you is correct.

Only Babylon 5 has ever bettered Angel in TV terms.

Pisstake shirley?

Not in my opinion - name something better.

if you ignore the whole vampires and monsters shtick, the dialogue and character's interaction, are executed well. There's not going to be any emmy's but certainly better scripts than a lot of teen-shows

How long have you got like?

The Sopranos

The West Wing

The Likely Lads

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Rab C Nesbitt

Auf Wiedersen Pet

Operation Good Guys

TV Burp

The Blue Planet

The World at War

Tiswas

Spongebob Squarepants

etc., etc., etc.

The Sopranos

The West Wing

The Likely Lads

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Rab C Nesbitt

Auf Wiedersen Pet

Operation Good Guys

TV Burp

The Blue Planet

The World at War

Tiswas

Spongebob Squarepants

etc., etc., etc.

TV Burp is the only "Teen show" I can see there mate. I mean a tv show aimed at teens, Hollyoaks and the like.

The Sopranos

The West Wing

The Likely Lads

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Rab C Nesbitt

Auf Wiedersen Pet

Operation Good Guys

TV Burp

The Blue Planet

The World at War

Tiswas

Spongebob Squarepants

etc., etc., etc.

TV Burp is the only "Teen show" I can see there mate. I mean a tv show aimed at teens, Hollyoaks and the like.

I was answering NJS.

The Sopranos

The West Wing

The Likely Lads

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Rab C Nesbitt

Auf Wiedersen Pet

Operation Good Guys

TV Burp

The Blue Planet

The World at War

Tiswas

Spongebob Squarepants

etc., etc., etc.

I was answering NJS.

COCK OFF BALDY!

;)

The Sopranos

The West Wing

The Likely Lads

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Rab C Nesbitt

Auf Wiedersen Pet

Operation Good Guys

TV Burp

The Blue Planet

The World at War

Tiswas

Spongebob Squarepants

etc., etc., etc.

I was answering NJS.

COCK OFF BALDY!

:razz:

I wasn't having a pop, I should have quoted him. YOU BIG FANNY! ;)

The Sopranos - Possibly - I've seen the odd episode and its on my to do list

The West Wing - One of my faves - lost its way here and there imo but up there

The Likely Lads - nostalgia says it was brill - repeats show it was very patchy once the "it's about us" novelty wears off

Curb Your Enthusiasm - tried it - didn;t find anything there worth watching.

Rab C Nesbitt - quality and much appreciated

Auf Wiedersen Pet quality and much appreciated

Operation Good Guys - never heard of it

TV Burp - never heard of it

The Blue Planet - good but no diffenrt to much of genre

The World at War - no interest

Tiswas - Wasn't on Tyne Tees

Spongebob Squarepants - never seen it

I watched Tiswas on Tyne Tees ;)

I'm pretty sure that it didn't appear until very late in its run if it did - I remember going to an away game in Bristol which was overnight job in about 1980 where people saw it for the first time on local tv there.

I could be wrong of course - were you not thinking of the adult version on saturday night with Tarrant?

I watched Tiswas on Tyne Tees ;)

I'm pretty sure that it didn't appear until very late in its run if it did - I remember going to an away game in Bristol which was overnight job in about 1980 where people saw it for the first time on local tv there.

I could be wrong of course - were you not thinking of the adult version on saturday night with Tarrant?

Nah, I definitely remember seeing it on a Saturday morning although it may have been late in its run, as you say. Quite fancied Sally James :razz:

Just wiki'ed it and "It was originally produced as a Midlands regional programme by ATV and was first shown on 5 January 1974. The then federal structure of ITV, with its independent regional companies, meant that not all of these operations broadcast the show when it became available for networked transmission. Over a period of time most did with Granada Television and Southern Television being the last in 1979. The smallest broadcaster Channel Television refused to show it at all."

Ran until 1982 apparently. I can vaguely remember some godawful stuff on the Tyne-Tees summer Saturday morning slot from around the same era or a bit later like.

Was that called O.T.T?

Yeah they had a lass who was meant to get them out but they kept it going for weeks because she didn't have an equity card.

Kept the world enthralled - how times have changed.

Just wiki'ed it and "It was originally produced as a Midlands regional programme by ATV and was first shown on 5 January 1974. The then federal structure of ITV, with its independent regional companies, meant that not all of these operations broadcast the show when it became available for networked transmission. Over a period of time most did with Granada Television and Southern Television being the last in 1979. The smallest broadcaster Channel Television refused to show it at all."

Ran until 1982 apparently. I can vaguely remember some godawful stuff on the Tyne-Tees summer Saturday morning slot from around the same era or a bit later like.

My mistake was probably a timing issue then - from 1980 onwards I was going to away games every other saturday and had discovered pre-match drinking for home games

htafc_2007_2008_kit_home_full.gif

With my name on the back.

And my mate who is a Huddersfield fan is getting a toon top with his name on the back.

Fuck knows why but i think its cool as we are very good friends and we'l each have a story to tell about our shirts :icon_lol:

And they reckon student loans don't get wasted....

Jesus wept! :razz:

Bought this bad boy for 98 quid due to having a mate who works at hmv:

3436370l.jpg

Every single sopranos episode. 98 quid is a lot of money but think it's well worth it for the entertainment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-SOPRANOS-THE-COM...1QQcmdZViewItem

Any big series box sets you should go for the chinese versions. Still official releases but up to half the price as obviously they cant afford to shell out the £150 they charge for the UK versions.

Got my lass the Friends 10 series box set for £70 and myself the shield series 1-5 boxset for £40