Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

t-keith, did you get that microkorg?

go second hand, you can get them for around £180.

just a thought , you should go for an ms2000 or jp-8000 or nord lead (or lead 2) if you can as they are infinitely better. they are slightly more expensive, but have full size keys and aren't cut down in terms of what you can do synthesis wise.... also you can edit them a lot easier.

51mkhpdw3blss500ab8.jpg

Futebol is a riveting series of three 80 minute documentaries produced by award winning documentary maker Joao Moreira Salles of Videofilmes, the production company he started with his brother Walter Salles in 1987.

By turns fascinating, enthralling and in parts profoundly moving, Futebol is a social commentary on Brazil and the national obsession with the beautiful game and its stars.

Episode 1: For thousands of boys all over Brazil, football is their dream. Often this is not just a personal ambition to become a top player, but also their only chance to drag their family out of poverty. Only a fraction will succeed. One thousand five hundred boys turn up for the tryout for Flamengo, Rio's home team and the biggest in Brazil. Among them are boys like Fabrício, Jeosmar and Edmilson who we follow for two and a half years through early hopes, successes and bitter disappointments. .Legendary players like Pelé and Zico also reminisce on getting their own break as boys playing football in the streets.

Episode 2: Who could ever be ready to go from earning $100 per month to $10,000 in a few short months? Iranildo and Lúcio both play for Flamengo. One is a child of the Rio slums, suffering from malnutrition when he was talent-spotted, the other was born in Tocantins, an extremely rural village on the edge of the Amazonian rainforest. Both are completely unprepared for the pressures of top league games. Coping with thousands of euphoric expectant fans when you're winning is hard enough, but how to cope with thousands of furious and hostile fans when you lose? Add to that the shock of overnight success and fame and with it the ubiquitous material trappings of mobile phones, imported cars, designer clothes, society girlfriends, and your first passport. Can these boys avoid becoming spoiled and arrogant? Or worse, succumb to the pressures, mental more than physical, of being at the top...

Episode 3: Before Maradona, before David Beckham, Paulo Cesar Lima, aka Caju, was the rascal of Brazilian football in the 1970s. A genius with footwork, he had a curve kick that few goalies could predict. He was a showman and a show-off: trying out trick shots to impress the crowd and often risking missing a goal to try an amazing new shot. At a time before football stars, when salaries were low, and players signed blank contracts, footballers did not mix with elite society, but Caju changed all that, hanging out with nobility and celebrities all over the world, wearing show stoppingly flashy outfits, being seen at all the top nightspots, and dating the most beautiful women - Caju was the first real football superstar. But what happens when talent fades, or worse, is forgotten? This film follows Caju today as he visits his friends, whose secretaries have never heard of him and in whose big imported cars he sits, knowing he will never be able to afford one himself.

51mkhpdw3blss500ab8.jpg

Futebol is a riveting series of three 80 minute documentaries produced by award winning documentary maker Joao Moreira Salles of Videofilmes, the production company he started with his brother Walter Salles in 1987.

By turns fascinating, enthralling and in parts profoundly moving, Futebol is a social commentary on Brazil and the national obsession with the beautiful game and its stars.

Episode 1: For thousands of boys all over Brazil, football is their dream. Often this is not just a personal ambition to become a top player, but also their only chance to drag their family out of poverty. Only a fraction will succeed. One thousand five hundred boys turn up for the tryout for Flamengo, Rio's home team and the biggest in Brazil. Among them are boys like Fabrício, Jeosmar and Edmilson who we follow for two and a half years through early hopes, successes and bitter disappointments. .Legendary players like Pelé and Zico also reminisce on getting their own break as boys playing football in the streets.

Episode 2: Who could ever be ready to go from earning $100 per month to $10,000 in a few short months? Iranildo and Lúcio both play for Flamengo. One is a child of the Rio slums, suffering from malnutrition when he was talent-spotted, the other was born in Tocantins, an extremely rural village on the edge of the Amazonian rainforest. Both are completely unprepared for the pressures of top league games. Coping with thousands of euphoric expectant fans when you're winning is hard enough, but how to cope with thousands of furious and hostile fans when you lose? Add to that the shock of overnight success and fame and with it the ubiquitous material trappings of mobile phones, imported cars, designer clothes, society girlfriends, and your first passport. Can these boys avoid becoming spoiled and arrogant? Or worse, succumb to the pressures, mental more than physical, of being at the top...

Episode 3: Before Maradona, before David Beckham, Paulo Cesar Lima, aka Caju, was the rascal of Brazilian football in the 1970s. A genius with footwork, he had a curve kick that few goalies could predict. He was a showman and a show-off: trying out trick shots to impress the crowd and often risking missing a goal to try an amazing new shot. At a time before football stars, when salaries were low, and players signed blank contracts, footballers did not mix with elite society, but Caju changed all that, hanging out with nobility and celebrities all over the world, wearing show stoppingly flashy outfits, being seen at all the top nightspots, and dating the most beautiful women - Caju was the first real football superstar. But what happens when talent fades, or worse, is forgotten? This film follows Caju today as he visits his friends, whose secretaries have never heard of him and in whose big imported cars he sits, knowing he will never be able to afford one himself.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry255376

:lol:

b446_1.JPG

I decided to buy this after consume a lot of drink on the night of the Stoke match. It slipped my mind until I got an e-mail today saying i'd won! £21, a bargain for the best shirt we've ever worn.

b446_1.JPG

I decided to buy this after consume a lot of drink on the night of the Stoke match. It slipped my mind until I got an e-mail today saying i'd won! £21, a bargain for the best shirt we've ever worn.

I got one last year for £5.

Didn't fit so sent it over to my cousins in Ireland.

b446_1.JPG

I got one last year for £5.

Didn't fit so sent it over to my cousins in Ireland.

A fiver? I feel like i've been robbed

There was another one I bid for at just under a tenner, but it was an XL so there was no way i'd fit into that :lol:

b446_1.JPG

Quoted for truth, and worth every penny.

:) Only loading the first few minutes of a game then it freezes again. fookstucks

reckon I'll wait until I have a couple of hundred quid down the back of the sofa and get the Elite ... :blush:

Fish,

My brothers 360 has just succumbed to the RRoD. His is out of warranty and he was told to ring microsoft. Apparently they have extended the warranty to 3 yrs for certain things. If your xbox has the RRoD, you can get it fixed for nowt. I think they know the age of your 360 by the serial no. Wor kid reckons his will be away for about 3weeks. They replace the mobo etc and return it to you FOC. His was picked up by DHL earlier this week and sent down to Havant no less. I hope the engineer working on his 360 isn't a havant fan, christ knows what a pissed up technician can do with a bolloxed console :razz:

Just a heads up

cheers mate I'll give it a go.

:D Only loading the first few minutes of a game then it freezes again. fookstucks

reckon I'll wait until I have a couple of hundred quid down the back of the sofa and get the Elite ... :blush:

Fish,

My brothers 360 has just succumbed to the RRoD. His is out of warranty and he was told to ring microsoft. Apparently they have extended the warranty to 3 yrs for certain things. If your xbox has the RRoD, you can get it fixed for nowt. I think they know the age of your 360 by the serial no. Wor kid reckons his will be away for about 3weeks. They replace the mobo etc and return it to you FOC. His was picked up by DHL earlier this week and sent down to Havant no less. I hope the engineer working on his 360 isn't a havant fan, christ knows what a pissed up technician can do with a bolloxed console :razz:

Just a heads up

.....cheers mate I'll give it a go. :)