Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Agree 100% with those saying get it spent. You're only young once Kevin, get it spent on booze, drugs, birds and gadgets. Saving is for when you get older. I studied in the late 90s so didn't need it (as there were no fees then) but I still maxed out the loans and had a belting time with the dosh. When it was time to pay it back it was peanuts and and I had some cracking memories as a result.

51JW3FNFA8L._SS500_.jpg

I'm looking forward to reading this but it's weird because the picture on the front is nearly the same as one I took when in Milan!

My mates read it & he reckons it's class but I'll report back :nufc:

Good read.

Agree 100% with those saying get it spent. You're only young once Kevin, get it spent on booze, drugs, birds and gadgets. Saving is for when you get older. I studied in the late 90s so didn't need it (as there were no fees then) but I still maxed out the loans and had a belting time with the dosh. When it was time to pay it back it was peanuts and and I had some cracking memories as a result.

If you can get away with spending all of it on non-essentials, fair enough.

I don't know, I guess I was less privileged/lived away from home so had to spend a fair bit of it on essentials. Any left over+any savings I had however did indeed go on alcohol, drugs, games and I even wasted some of it on going to watch Lincoln City.

I don't recall going on internet forums bragging about it mind. And I think my darkest hour was buying Tesco value pot noodles, I wouldn't even wish that on Kevin.

I don't know, I guess I was less privileged/lived away from home so had to spend a fair bit of it on essentials. Any left over+any savings I had however did indeed go on alcohol, drugs, games and I even wasted some of it on going to watch Lincoln City.

I don't recall going on internet forums bragging about it mind. And I think my darkest hour was buying Tesco value pot noodles, I wouldn't even wish that on Kevin.

How much of a shithole is Sincil Bank by the way? The away end is a death I wouldn't wish on tesco value pot noodles

How much of a shithole is Sincil Bank by the way? The away end is a death I wouldn't wish on tesco value pot noodles

It wasn't that bad really - I've been to Boston United's ground, now that is bad.

Sincil Bank was great because it's in such close proximity to the city, I lived right near it so had no excuses not to catch a few games. Shame they're not a league side at the moment because it was occasionally good entertainment.

Haven't got anything to spend it on, i've got a job aswell to keep topping it off. Down to about £650 now but. Gonna use the rest to get driving!

It wasn't that bad really - I've been to Boston United's ground, now that is bad.

Sincil Bank was great because it's in such close proximity to the city, I lived right near it so had no excuses not to catch a few games. Shame they're not a league side at the moment because it was occasionally good entertainment.

Thing about York Street... when I went there Grimsby won 6-0 so it only has good memories for me, the problem with Sincil Bank is the shit loads of unnecessary stands, and the local fans are so pretentious about their little city and the place has no atmosphere, they're like Scunthorpe, shit fans that are an embarrassment to their teams.

Heh I went to that Grimsby game too. 2007? The worst toilets you will ever come across. I was in the away end and everyone was standing so it felt a bit uncomfortable having all these Town fans jumping around me given I was a neutral.

You're joking!? That atmosphere was one of the best i've ever had at a football match, more in the away end than the home end and it just went wild after every goal, aye 2007, Martin Paterson scoring and being mobbed by the fans who loved him, only to go off to the mucky side of North Lincolnshire and join the sCUNTs :nufc:. Yeah the toilets were awful, but if we had a competition, Chesterfield beats it hands down, it's stuff like that though that I love about non/lower league football, the standing and still facilities and great atmospheres.

I didn't get a student loan like, killed me every year when all my mates were getting £2k in the bank and I was living on my £70pw that I earned in a sports shop. Worth it in the long run obviously but was jealous as fook at the time

I was in desperate need of it, mcdonalds couldnt cope with my lifestyle, was lucky to get £100 every 2 weeks, hope to fuck i get the new job. Got paid £66 last night for 2 weeks work... fucking shocking.

I didn't get a student loan like, killed me every year when all my mates were getting £2k in the bank and I was living on my £70pw that I earned in a sports shop. Worth it in the long run obviously but was jealous as fook at the time

I never understood people like you.

Green hashish? Is it graftin?

No idea, it's that green stuff you put in spliffs. Was in an empty house on an estate and these wronguns come from 5-9pm and sell drugs. Front door was wide open and you shout up the stairs. Guy was eyeing me up, I could tell he was incredibly thick by the gormless look on his face, but he was a big lad. Have you ever seen The Wire? There was a guy called Omar who robbed drug dealers, he would have a field day with that lot.

Green hashish? Is it graftin?

No idea, it's that green stuff you put in spliffs. Was in an empty house on an estate and these wronguns come from 5-9pm and sell drugs. Front door was wide open and you shout up the stairs. Guy was eyeing me up, I could tell he was incredibly thick by the gormless look on his face, but he was a big lad. Have you ever seen The Wire? There was a guy called Omar who robbed drug dealers, he would have a field day with that lot.

In what way? Bumming them?