Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Don't know if it's of any interest, but if you get a ps3, you can stream movies from your computer too. Don't know if that's the case with a standard blu ray player.

It's possible to do this with an Xbox or [chipped] Wii too...

Don't know if it's of any interest, but if you get a ps3, you can stream movies from your computer too. Don't know if that's the case with a standard blu ray player.

It's possible to do this with an Xbox or [chipped] Wii too...

Aye but neither of them are blu-ray players.

Going to buy a blu ray with built in wi-fi, anyone have any recommendations? Never owned a blu ray player.

Why the Wi Fi? I got a Blu Ray player from Makro last year for £50 and it does everything I need it to. If you have an Xbox you can stream videos off your computer now using Windows Media Player. No need to faff on installing 3rd party software like in the past

klipsch-s4i-headphones.jpg

They any good? I have some average headphones but wouldn't mind investing in some good ones if they're worth the money

I've been through a couple of pairs of cheap sennheisers and a mate suggested I invest in these. The reviews are excellent(cnet/best of everything) and I got them on eBay for €58 incl delivery, which is a few quid cheaper than most places.

Volume controls, answer button and mic make it very iPhone friendly too.

Going to buy a blu ray with built in wi-fi, anyone have any recommendations? Never owned a blu ray player.

Why the Wi Fi? I got a Blu Ray player from Makro last year for £50 and it does everything I need it to. If you have an Xbox you can stream videos off your computer now using Windows Media Player. No need to faff on installing 3rd party software like in the past

Online VOD like amazon, internet access, Skype, youtube, bravia video service. I got the Sony BDP-S570 for 115 euros which surprised me. Plays 3D blu ray too but i cant see me upgrading the TV for a few years. Apparently Sony did a firmware upgrade in August so am wondering if new ones have this already or i need to connect it to the ethernet and update it.

klipsch-s4i-headphones.jpg

They any good? I have some average headphones but wouldn't mind investing in some good ones if they're worth the money

I've been through a couple of pairs of cheap sennheisers and a mate suggested I invest in these. The reviews are excellent(cnet/best of everything) and I got them on eBay for €58 incl delivery, which is a few quid cheaper than most places.

Volume controls, answer button and mic make it very iPhone friendly too.

I have these. very good for walking and usual commuting, but not good enough for sports imo. They keep falling out when i go for a jog for instance. Maybe my ears are wierdly shaped....

Bought this today. Absolutely mint 1990 Mercedes 190E 2.3 auto owned by an old man who died recently hence why its for sale ( he must of been Leazes age nearly).

78.000 mIles, garaged one owner car no rust no dents it looks brand new. even has a sunroof. looked underneath looked like it came straight from the factory. Baby bundes-tank?

Went through the MOT with flying colors, two years until next time. freshly serviced. New winter and summer tyres. 4000 pounds ( Norwegian car prices cant be compared. a 10 year old jaguar is like 60.000 pounds in norway)

82_1600444295.jpg82_-490808047.jpg

lovely motors, one of my all time fave cars is the 190E Cosworth, I was trying to hunt down a good one a few years ago and overnight they doubled in value when Top Gear featured them as a modern classic and told the world they existed. :angry:

190e-evo1_frontleft.jpg

I looked at those cosworth 16-valves, but they are modified and looks like a fotball-team full of J20`s have shagged in`em.

I wanted a clean originalpolizei-one!

These are not exactly fast, but its a 2.3 litre straight 4 producing 132 horsepower and 200 NM of torque. With the auto, 0-62 is done in 10 seconds and the top speed is 126 mph. Wafty McWaft?