Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Just to recap J69, you can't download apps on the KF. Well not easily anyway. Tell me how that isn't shit?

Yeah you can :lol:

They just got rid of all the shit apps on google play that no one uses. Tell me one good app you can't get on a kindle fire that you can on a nexus

best-kindle-fire-apps.jpg

Maps? Actually I'm sure there's loads , but I do know two people who have returned kindle fires because they couldn't get the apps they wanted and didn't like being so locked in. But if you're OK with that for the sake of a few quid fair enough. :thumbsup:

Edited by Renton

I actually love just browsing maps, using street view. Useful for planning routes, checking hotel locations. Google Earth is amazing on the Nexus with 3D topology etc....

Anyway, tablets are basically made for apps IMO and you'll get very few on the KF, plus no OS updates. The Fire is basically discounted to lock you into Amazon, that's the bottom line. Oh aye, and the hardware is underpowered too.

I exchanged the KF for the new iPad like. And I don't care admitting Apple have me locked in to their world. Or paying a premium for the privilege. Fuck starting all over again with a different device

Fenwicks warehouse sale on this weekend :nufc:

Gemmill, I know you'll be interested with this house move coming up.

:lol: Spent up. Just paid for blinds and about to get an island put in the kitchen, so the coffers are empty!

:lol: Spent up. Just paid for blinds and about to get an island put in the kitchen, so the coffers are empty!

Ooooooh, you must have a large kitchen.Mine's canny small and still cost 10 grand for a refit last year. I take it you'll not be going out much for the foreseeable?

The kitchen that they've put in this place is ridiculous. Bare minimum on both storage and bench space in what is both a decent sized room and house. We knew before moving in that we'd have to get it sorted straight away. Canny annoying though to have to move into a new build and immediately pay to sort the kitchen.

Thankfully the room is big enough to do something about it and the island is the most obvious quick fix. I'd like to do more but we're bound by cost really. Will see what the cost estimates on the island come in at and go from there.

£10k is a lot, but it looked canny on Cook Along with Ramsay on Christmas Day. No nights out for me for a LONG time. I'm an antisocial twat anyway though.

Mot booked, a service which cost twice as much as i was expecting

stupid money pit cars ... i shall drive to the Eels gig on thursday i think.

You should Conga

Tickets to Costa Rica, 2.5 weeks end of April, last vacation with the wife before shes too prego to do anything. gonna learn how to surf (me not the wife).

Tickets to Costa Rica, 2.5 weeks end of April, last vacation with the wife before shes too prego to do anything. gonna learn how to surf (me not the wife).

You jammy bastard! Enjoy your break, I hope everything goes ok with the baby but before you learn how to surf you could maybe do with learning to say 'holiday' rather than 'vacation'.

Please, no need for thanks. ;)