Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

I know it's an old man thing to say, but I just don't get it. How can anyone be so bothered about owning *things*? They're just things.

but they're things that are closer to their actual value than the normal massively inflated cost to the consumer!

• 2 weeks later...

Xmas shopping done.

2 x Women's Perfume (Mam & Sister)

1 x Purse & Wallet set (Sister)

1 x Men's thick knit jumper + Scarf (Dad)

1 x Women's thick knit jumper (Missus)

4 x DVDs (Missus, Mate & Dad)

1 x Crocodile Onesie (Nephew)

£30 Games Workshop Voucher. (Brother in Law :lol: )

Xmas shopping done.

2 x Women's Perfume (Mam & Sister)

1 x Purse & Wallet set (Sister)

1 x Men's thick knit jumper + Scarf (Dad)

1 x Women's thick knit jumper (Missus)

4 x DVDs (Missus, Mate & Dad)

1 x Crocodile Onesie (Nephew)

£30 Games Workshop Voucher. (Brother in Law :lol: )

You're married????????

You bought your mrs a jumper and DVD? She's a lucky lady

No great shock that you're much cooler than that like... It's the jumper she wanted but couldn't afford and it's the DVD she wanted, so y'know, fuck you Pinball Wizard ;)

No, not married CT, but Girlfriend sounds highschool and Partner sounds middle aged.

No great shock that you're much cooler than that like... It's the jumper she wanted but couldn't afford and it's the DVD she wanted, so y'know, fuck you Pinball Wizard ;)

No, not married CT, but Girlfriend sounds highschool and Partner sounds middle aged.

It's. It really isn't a question of cool. You're in your 30s ffs. I bought better presents than that when I had a paper round ;)

It's. It really isn't a question of cool. You're in your 30s ffs. I bought better presents than that when I had a paper round ;)

:spit: the sheer arrogance of you assuming that you'd know what would make my lass happiest for Xmas is staggering. Hilarious, but staggering none-the-less.

You crack on with your variety of happiness though, it's all good. :)

It's actually a DVD of me buying the jumper. :good:

Brilliant - can be the Fish family tradition to watch the DVD each Christmas "remember the time I got you that jumper you wanted".

I understand different strokes for different folks and all that. We've always gone overboard at Christmas in my family. Fair enough if others don't

:lol:

It's the assumption that the jumper she wanted cost £25 from Asda that makes me smile. "Hew, Ah buy clerthes frum George, because theyuh cheepuh theyuh".

Brilliant - can be the Fish family tradition to watch the DVD each Christmas "remember the time I got you that jumper you wanted".

Memories should be treasured.