Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Me and the fella are so cool we don't buy each other Christmas presents at all. Beat that!

I fell for that suggestion last year and woke up to a pile of gifts.

Felt like I was Alan Rickman and she was Emma Thomson in Love actually.

So this year it's a 3 figure hand bag a gallon of perfume and pixar blu-rays.

That'll teach the bitch.

I fell for that suggestion last year and woke up to a pile of gifts.

Felt like I was Alan Rickman and she was Emma Thomson in Love actually.

So this year it's a 3 figure hand bag a gallon of perfume and pixar blu-rays.

That'll teach the bitch.

Is that it? I prefer to pamper my girlfriend and have been doing so since I earned £1.50 walking the neighbours' dogs. ;)

Is that it? I prefer to pamper my girlfriend and have been doing so since I earned £1.50 walking the neighbours' dogs. ;)

I got more for the Doberman that was part of the present for the other half, surely it's in jest.

I really don't get Valentine's day, it feels so contrived to me.

As for Christmas, me and the other half just exchange small gifts as we don't really need anything. We spend a lot more on nephews and nieces etc as it is more fun buying for them.

I enjoy the seeing the family, the boozing and drinking. I think the gift side of things is mainly for the kids.

We do something we want to do rather than exchanging gifts worrying one of us has got better gifts than the other.

Obviously the spontaneity of her buying me something I probably wouldn't have bought myself and vice versa takes a lot away from our xmas experience but we both try our hardest to fight through it.

Edited by Gejon

I really don't get Valentine's day, it feels so contrived to me.

As for Christmas, me and the other half just exchange small gifts as we don't really need anything. We spend a lot more on nephews and nieces etc as it is more fun buying for them.

I enjoy the seeing the family, the boozing and drinking. I think the gift side of things is mainly for the kids.

Boozing AND drinking? ;)

Oh aye do at Christmas but I really despise doing anything Valentine's related at all.

Other than celebrating Keegan's birthday obviously. :D

Same...wait

I prefer us to book a holiday/weekend away as a joint Christmas present for me and the other half although that could be because I'm shite at buying presents. Mind, his birthday is on the 21st December anyway so it doesn't get me completely off the hook. :lol:

I prefer us to book a holiday/weekend away as a joint Christmas present for me and the other half although that could be because I'm shite at buying presents. Mind, his birthday is on the 21st December anyway so it doesn't get me completely off the hook. :lol:

Posed that idea this afternoon. I want to go to Paris for the weekend that the tour de france arrives. She wasn't having it - she wants to go to Paris that weekend, but she also wants a bunch of shit to open on Christmas day.

Anyway, my purchases today with birthday cash:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It came with the paper ones, or at least I hope it does. Tbh, part of what stops me using the cafetier is having to clean the metal filter - do you have to faff around with the metal one this or do you just use the paper ones?