Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

not sure i'd bother trying to buy in london these days. you need a deposit of close to £100k for some shoebox in catford or new cross.

Surbiton is good. Looking for a bolt hole there...

Art Deco train station. :)

Edited by Park Life

Arabs, Japs, HK Chinese and Banks using the housing market as medium term investments.

...and leaving them empty.

the london property market makes zero sense when you look at average house prices versus average earnings. they're inflated because there's nowhere near enough supply to meet demand of any type of housing, let alone affordable housing, and i don't see things changing as long as foreign investors prop up the top end of the market. even the crisis barely affected house prices.

then you have the 'regeneration' projects in areas like elephant/walworth road, which basically amount to social cleansing.

the capital is rotten on many levels.

Can't bear London. Get agitated just going through it.

that's exactly how i've started to feel about it since starting a family. i loved living down here in my 20s and early 30s but starting to fall out of love with the place. plotting our next move now.

that's exactly how i've started to feel about it since starting a family. i loved living down here in my 20s and early 30s but starting to fall out of love with the place. plotting our next move now.

This is the time to cash in bro.