Jump to content

Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

 

I honestly hate gardening with a passion but would I fuck pay that just to get out of it. It'll still need maintenance.

 

Two grand for a plastic version of the garden you already have? Fuck that noise.

We have a dog and her pee burns the grass and the turf hasn’t taken in 3 years. We know a few people who have done it and they swear by it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matches his taste in guitars

The only thing you've rattled is your fleshlight. Cock like a pug's tongue.

Estate agent in doing their job shocker.

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

We got it last summer. Pretty much zero maintenance plus it tends to have a foam underlay that makes it very comfortable and helps it drain away rain pretty much immediately.

 

If you get the decent stuff then it looks good all year round and you don’t have to worry about cutting it/maintaining it/weeding etc. 

 

Ideal for a lazy bastard who can’t be fucked with gardening.

 

Dunno like. I totally get the lazy bastard aspect just not the cost. If it's guaranteed for 20 years then fair enough. Otherwise fuck that, much as I fucking despise cutting the grass were only talking an hour or so a few times a year.

 

@TheGingerQuiff's wig comment sums it up for me. Decent analogy. Jonjo Shelvey turning up with a wig would no doubt raise eyebrows but I'd understand it more than Souness trying to be taken seriously wearing a plastic moustache and insisting "it's just easier to maintain and my wife likes it".

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ewerk said:

Get a robot lawnmower people, ffs.

Was checking some of these out, but I've a fucking load of questions that the reviews don't answer.

 

Does yours have guide-wires and a massive docking station and all that? Only takes me about 20 minutes to mow the lawn every fortnight at the minute, would a robot one really make that much of a difference?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: I've rattled him 

The only thing you've rattled is your fleshlight. Cock like a pug's tongue.

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Was checking some of these out, but I've a fucking load of questions that the reviews don't answer.

 

Does yours have guide-wires and a massive docking station and all that? Only takes me about 20 minutes to mow the lawn every fortnight at the minute, would a robot one really make that much of a difference?

Yeah there's guide wires which are easy to bury or peg down. The docking station isn't all that big, I've got mine hidden behind the garage. The main reason I got mine is that I've more grass cuttings than I can fit in the bin. Sounds like yours isn't much hassle so it wouldn't be that much of a benefit to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yeah there's guide wires which are easy to bury or peg down. The docking station isn't all that big, I've got mine hidden behind the garage. The main reason I got mine is that I've more grass cuttings than I can fit in the bin. Sounds like yours isn't much hassle so it wouldn't be that much of a benefit to you.

 

How big is your lawn, like? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Yeah there's guide wires which are easy to bury or peg down. The docking station isn't all that big, I've got mine hidden behind the garage. The main reason I got mine is that I've more grass cuttings than I can fit in the bin. Sounds like yours isn't much hassle so it wouldn't be that much of a benefit to you.

 

Yeah, that doesn't sound remotely like a hassle. 

 

It's like Gemmill's Roomba. Doesn't work on untidy floors or on stairs, which rules it out of the worst aspects of hoovering. Utterly pointless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna have to admit - as much as it wouldn't work for me since clearing up the kids toys from the garden arguably takes me as much time as actually cutting the fucking grass - I remember seeing one when I was I drunk in the arse end of nowhere (Donegal) and was quite impressed. Wasn't much like a roomba, just a cordless electric mower without a handle. 

 

Probably stood and watched it for a solid ten minutes. Quality entertainment. 

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had plastic grass in my old place. It’s great if you want a low maintenance small space. Terrible for bees and the environment generally. I’ve got a big lawn at my new place for the first time ever and so far am loving looking after it. Stick a podcast on, get an hours peace and quiet away from the kids and chalk up about 4-5k steps in the process - what’s not to like?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I had plastic grass in my old place. It’s great if you want a low maintenance small space. Terrible for bees and the environment generally. I’ve got a big lawn at my new place for the first time ever and so far am loving looking after it. Stick a podcast on, get an hours peace and quiet away from the kids and chalk up about 4-5k steps in the process - what’s not to like?

We have hundreds of flowers in pots for the bees. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Stick a podcast on, get an hours peace and quiet away from the kids and chalk up about 4-5k steps in the process - what’s not to like?

 

Not advocating artificial lawns here but honestly I'd rather get an hour or so peace, clock up 4k steps and listen to a podcast by walking to the pub and back.

Gardening can get fucked.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems barely relevant and I can't really be arsed with Radiohead, but whatever.

 

"A green plastic watering can

For a fake Chinese rubber plant

In the fake plastic earth.....

 

She looks like the real thing ...

My fake plastic love"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...