What was the first game you ever went to

Guest stevieintoon

Spurs Vs Newcastle 3-1, White Hart lane.

Think it was 1999, it was one of Gullit's last matches, we'd just signed Dyer, Nobby opened the scoring for us but we went on to lose, I watched the match from the home section, what a miserable day.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DIVISION 2

St James's Park - Saturday, April 19th, 1980.

Attendance: 14,314

Newcastle United

Manager: Bill McGarry

Scorer(s): A. Shoulder

Half-Time : 1 - 1

Swansea City

Scorer(s): Stevenson, Giles 2

19/04/1980

Teams:

Newcastle United

S.Hardwick

J.Brownlie

K.Wharton

T.Cassidy (P.Cartwright)

D.Barton

S.Carney

R.T.Shinton

B.J.Ferguson

W.H.Rafferty

T.A.Hibbitt

A.Shoulder

From what I remember Shoulder's goal was a penalty.

Sat on the old benches in the East Stand. Was 7 at the time.

Newcastle United 2 - 1 Everton

Date: Sunday 1st December 2002, 2.15pm.

Venue: St. James' Park

When Shearer scored that wonder goal, which in my opinion is the best goal he has ever scored in a Black and White shirt :lol:

Newcastle United 2 - 1 Everton

Date: Sunday 1st December 2002, 2.15pm.

Venue: St. James' Park

When Shearer scored that wonder goal, which in my opinion is the best goal he has ever scored in a Black and White shirt :lol:

:razz:

Easter Monday - 1984 (Can't remember exact date).

Newcastle 5 - Carlisle 1.

Remember very little of the game apart from Kevin Carr (I think) saving a penalty and us going straight up the other end with Keegan scoring, being in the Gallowgate West Corner and the noise of the crowd. Spent more time watching the crowd than the match.

04.02.89 Liverpool h 2-2 1-1 30,966 23 4 6 13 19 42 18

Wright; Scott, Sansom; McCreery, Anderson, Roeder; Hendrie, Pingel, Mirandinha, O'Brien, Brock

G: Mirandinha, Pingel

+1

Just remember thinking how crazy it was that you where caged in (just in to me teens at the time). Was in the milburn paddocks.

http://www.khscott.org.uk/nufc/includes/ma...ail.php?id=1360

Canny website that actually. :razz:

28/11/87 v Charlton. 2-1 home win. Don't remember much other than my dad really not enjoying it and vowing never to go to another football match. :lol: He's kept his word too. :D

Av been sayin for a long fuckin time my memories went to fuck, but I know was at that game. Mirandinha put a beauty in the top corner, second half I was 9, when u look back, and when these young wanks tell you whats what. I'd have out 25,000 back, 25,000 FUCKIN GEORDIES 90% FROM THE TOON. Them were the days, and the were, am envious of people like leazesmag who were adults in the 80s.

21.09.96 Leeds a 1-0 0-0 36,070 7 5 0 2 10 7 15

Srnicek; Watson, Beresford; Howey, Peacock, Batty; Lee, Beardsley(Clark), Shearer, Asprilla, Ginola(Gillespie)

G: Shearer

Can remember being sat in the leeds end with mi mum n dad and shearer scoring and mi mum jumps up drawing the attention of pretty much everyone in the stand.

Different game, same situation. :lol:

Mine is:

29.04.96 Leeds a 1-0 1-0 38,562 36 24 4 8 64 35 76

Hislop; Watson, Elliott; Batty, Peacock, Albert; Gillespie(Barton), Lee, Ferdinand, Beardsley, Asprilla(Clark)

G: Gillespie

The infamous 'love it if we beat them' game. Remember the NUFC fans singing 'who the fuck are Man United!' and the Leeds fans joining in. :razz:

fuckin :D

Sat 05-Feb 2005 Charlton (h) 1-1 Dyer 52 Rommedahl 53

Travelled all the way from Winnipeg, Canada to see this one. Supporting the toon sice the mid 80's- finally saw a match.

Sat in the East Stand and listened to some guy take Phillipe Albert's song and chant Laurent Robert's name all game in between chants of Souness out.

Loved Dyer's goal and was gutted when Rommedahl scored before I sat back down.

Rode back to London with the Charlton fans with my jacket zipped to my neck to cover my toon shirt.

SKY - IT'S A WHOLE NEW BALL GAME :razz:

:lol:

In 1992 10% of our support = wanks 2008 90% of our support = wanks

its hard to describe. The new generation are wanks basically, that's my point. We're not alone though.

Edited by Stevie

Crystal Palace away in 97. 2-1 win. Tomasson and Ketsbaia goals. I remember the chant "Ketsbaia my lord, Ketsbaia" very well.

Also a Tomasson Tomasson Toma Toma Tomasson - even though he scuffed it. Neil Shipperly scored the best goal of tha game and he was a fat cunt then. Last time I was physically in Selhurst Park that.

I was 5, it was Newcastle v Ipswich, we won 2-1 through two Mick Quinn goals. I can remember it because it was the unveiling of the Milburn Stand and Jackie's wife officially opened it.

Was just looking through a box of old baby photos, etc. up my mam's and found this. Never knew I had it. Great memory!

n699645869_1370578_8196.jpg

Am pretty sure an episode of Spender was shot from this game.

Saturday 14th September 1985 - Attendance 21,902

Newcastle United 4 v West Bromwich Albion 1

M.R.Thomas

C.Hedworth

J.C.P.Anderson

A.Davies

J.D.Clarke

G.V.Roeder

N.R.McDonald

D.McCreery --> (P.J.Gascoigne)

G.G.Reilly

P.A.Beardsley

I.E.Stewart

Always sticks in my mind the No Smoking sponsorship on the WBA strips

inter citys fairs cup 1st leg of the final at st james park,i was 8yrs old, we won 3 nil but i could think about was where the fek is me fatha in the sea of faces behind me

Willie McFaul (gk)

David Craig

Frank Clark

Tommy Gibb

Ollie Burton

Bobby Moncur

Jim Scott

Bryan Robson

Wyn Davies

Preben Arentoft

Jackie Sinclair (sub 75')

29/5/1969 Newcastle United 3 – 0 Újpesti Dózsa St James' Park, Newcastle

Attendance: 60,000

Moncur 63' 72'

Scott 83'

Edited by Knackers

21.05.69 Glasgow Rangers h 2-0 0-0 59,303 ICF Cup Semi-final - second leg [2-0]

McFaul; Craig, Clark; Gibb, Burton, Moncur; Scott, Robson B, Davies, Arentoft, Sinclair

GR: Neef; Johansen, Mathieson; Greig, McKinnon(Provan), Smith; Henderson, Penman, Stein, Johnston, Persson

G: Scott, Sinclair

That was my first NUFC match. I had been to some Man utd. matches as a nipper. I was 11 for the Rangers game

Remember my mother would not let me go untill later next season after the trouble :lol:

inter citys fairs cup 1st leg of the final at st james park,i was 8yrs old, we won 3 nil but i could think about was where the fek is me fatha in the sea of faces behind me

Willie McFaul (gk)

David Craig

Frank Clark

Tommy Gibb

Ollie Burton

Bobby Moncur

Jim Scott

Bryan Robson

Wyn Davies

Preben Arentoft

Jackie Sinclair (sub 75')

29/5/1969 Newcastle United 3 – 0 Újpesti Dózsa St James' Park, Newcastle

Attendance: 60,000

Moncur 63' 72'

Scott 83'

GLORYHUNTERS

Nov 16 1968 NUFC 1 Man City 0 Wynn the leap Davies 36420

THATS BEFORE SHINTON FFS.

We played Sporting Lisbon the next Wednesday in front of 50 odd thousand, but I wasnt allowed to go midweek.

Soopafan tbh

Link isn't working for me, but I know it was home to Liverpool in the 5th round of the League Cup, January 1998. My mam didn't let me go to games until then, but my dad nagged her until she finally let him take me and my brother as a late Christmas present. My strongest memory is just of driving into town, seeing St James all lit up and getting insanely excited at the thought of being inside St James for the first time. Should've known better-as far as I can remember, it was a crap game and we lost in extra time to goals from Owen and Fowler. :lol:

The link doesn't seem to work any more but it was a one all draw at home against Blackburn in '93 (I'm a proper plastic Sky Keeganite).

Shearer for them Cole for us.

The best bit of the day as a 14 year old was the pre-match in the farmers rest....

l061930.jpg