What was the first game you ever went to

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

Get the game off here.......

http://www.rivals.net/default.asp?sId=893&...7976271&p=2

24.08.85 Liverpool h 1-0 0-0 29,941 3 1 2 0 4 3 5

Thomas; Anderson, Wharton; Gascoigne, Clarke, Roeder; McDonald, McCreery, Reilly, Beardsley, Stewart

G: Reilly

I was with my sister and my dad 7 years old in the West Stand, not far from the paltry turn out of dippers down below in a tiny corner of the Leazes. Everytime we got a corner, my dad has regularly informed me I caked it because of the noise of everybody stamping their feet on the wooden floor of the stand. Everyone was calling George Reilly Mavis, the penny didn't drop till years later why they did that but I was only 7. What a day though, even then I appreciated the importance of a win over the murderers.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11.10.86 Manchester C h 3-1 1-1 21,780 10 2 2 6 8 18 8

Kelly; McDonald, Wharton; McCreery, Roeder, Anderson; Stephenson, Gascoigne, Cunningham, Beardsley, Stewart

G: McDonald, Gascoigne, Cunningham

A deceptive start to an inauspicious few years. Don't really remember much about the game itself, my memories of going to matches around that time are more a general mishmash of impressions that could have come from any of them really.

Newcastle v Arsenal in the 70's when supermac returned,can't be arsed to look up the date,was just a kid and a blur of red shirts coming onto the pitch and the frightening echoe of clapping all around

Ah yeh use the website...

07.03.98 Barnsley h 3-1 2-0 36,695 FA Cup Round 6

Given; Barton, Pearce; Howey, Albert, Batty; Lee, Ketsbaia, Shearer, Andersson, Speed

G: Ketsbaia, Speed, Batty

Guest stevieintoon

Newcastle v Arsenal in the 70's when supermac returned,can't be arsed to look up the date,was just a kid and a blur of red shirts coming onto the pitch and the frightening echoe of clapping all around

30.04.77 Arsenal h 0-2 0-1 44,677 38 17 13 8 61 42 47

Mahoney; Nattrass, Kennedy; Cassidy(Blackhall), McCaffery, Nulty; Barrowclough, Cannell, Burns, Gowling, Craig T

G:

sure it was this one:

23.08.1986 0-2 Newcastle Liverpool St James Park 1st Division

Thomas M; Anderson, Bailey; McCreery, Clarke, Roeder; Davies, Gascoigne (McDonald), Whitehurst, Beardsley, Wharton

Hooper, Venison, Gillespie, Lawrenson, Whelan, Hansen, Steve McMahon, Johnston (Dalglish), Rush, Mølby, MacDonald

i was 3 and had to go out half time because the noise was too loud

:lol:

08.09.90 Millwall h 1-2 0-1 23,922 3 2 0 1 4 2 6

Burridge; Scott, Sweeney; Aitken, Kristensen, Ranson; Dillon(Howey), Anderson, Quinn, McGhee, O'Brien(Brock)

G: Quinn

We went two nil down, Quinn pulled one back were unlucky not to get a draw. I was 11 at the time and a bit scared when a massive fight kicked off near us in the Gallowgate some Millwall fans had came in looking for trouble

29.08.93 Blackburn h 1-1 0-0 34,272 5 1 2 2 4 5 5

Srnicek; Watson, Beresford; Venison, Scott, Bracewell; Lee, O'Brien, Cole, Clark, Papavasiliou

G: Cole

Barely saw a thing, I'd forgotten my glasses. :lol:

Edited by alreetlike

30.04.77 Arsenal h 0-2 0-1 44,677 38 17 13 8 61 42 47

Mahoney; Nattrass, Kennedy; Cassidy(Blackhall), McCaffery, Nulty; Barrowclough, Cannell, Burns, Gowling, Craig T

G:

Looks like the one cheers,i'll have to check out the programme

06.04.85 West Bromwich h 1-0 0-0 22,694 34 10 11 13 48 62 41

Thomas; Brown, Anderson; McCreery, Clarke, Roeder; Megson(McDonald), Cunningham, Reilly, Beardsley, Heard

G: Beardsley

First game my dad took me to when the last of his group of mates who used to all go together dropped out and from the start of the next season I've had the seat ever since.

My dad had to tell me who our team were on the way to the game because I wasn't really interested in football before then and I didn't have a clue who any of them were. The only player we had that I knew was Waddle and the makem twat was injured so I never ended up seeing him play for us.

All I remember of the game was Pedro's goal. A superbly struck freekick that he and Pat Heard had been stood over.

I think it's fair to say that day changed my life.

21.09.96 Leeds a 1-0 0-0 36,070 7 5 0 2 10 7 15

Srnicek; Watson, Beresford; Howey, Peacock, Batty; Lee, Beardsley(Clark), Shearer, Asprilla, Ginola(Gillespie)

G: Shearer

Can remember being sat in the leeds end with mi mum n dad and shearer scoring and mi mum jumps up drawing the attention of pretty much everyone in the stand.

15.09.01 Manchester U h 4-3 2-1 52,056 4 2 2 0 10 6 8

Given; Griffin, Elliott; Dabizas, O'Brien, Acuna; Solano, Lee(Barton), Shearer, Bellamy(Distin), Robert

G: Robert, Lee, Dabizas, og

Fantastic game! Nearly lost my watch when Robert scored that freekick :lol:

21.05.69 Glasgow Rangers h 2-0 0-0 59,303 ICF Cup Semi-final - second leg [2-0]

McFaul; Craig, Clark; Gibb, Burton, Moncur; Scott, Robson B, Davies, Arentoft, Sinclair

GR: Neef; Johansen, Mathieson; Greig, McKinnon(Provan), Smith; Henderson, Penman, Stein, Johnston, Persson

G: Scott, Sinclair

That was my first NUFC match. I had been to some Man utd. matches as a nipper. I was 11 for the Rangers game

Remember my mother would not let me go untill later next season after the trouble :lol:

1978?! What were you, 4 or something?

There was a bloke who used to bring a bairn of about 5 or 6 to the match and sat near me. The kid just used to run up and down the stairs giggling and putting the flat bit of the seat down then letting it whack back up again. Most games his dad had to leave at half time cos the kid was pigsick of it. :lol:

Your dad did well to keep you entertained at the match at that age!