Cristiano Lucarelli

Scottish Mag

Italian international Cristiano Lucarelli has revealed that both Tottenham and Newcastle have made moves to sign him.

The English outfits are both keen to secure new strikers before Wednesday's transfer deadline and Lucarelli is the latest big name to appeal to Graeme Souness and Martin Jol.

Lucarelli was last season's top scorer in Serie A and he started the new campaign in fine style with the opener in Livorno's 2-1 win over Lecce on Saturday.

After the match he confirmed that he knew of the interest from Newcastle and Tottenham, who could now be tempted to try and land the 29-year-old within the next five days.

"Surely I can't deny these two sides [Tottenham and Newcastle] have asked for information, but the situation isn't as dramatic as a few papers wrote," he told Sky Italia.

Lucarelli added that he must now again speak with president Aldo Spinelli about his future, but he is likely to stay put.

"I must talk with the president, should I clear certain things up with him then I'll stay at Livorno 100 percent," he added.