Roeder is the right man for the job at this time!

Bottled Dog

After HTT's long essay over on N-O on the ability of this man to steady the ship and take us to a position where we can again reach GREAT heights. I have to ask again for clarification of exactly what he brings to the table, and where has has brought us.

We are one league result higher, 'flying' in Europe, but I still get this nagging feeling that the only result of his appointment and reign so far is a severe drop in expectations.

Am I wrong? Should we be showing greater appreciation of his effect on the team, and efforts in his transfer market dealings and backroom staff appointments?

Without wanting to talk about the 'injury crisis' I am satisfied with what he has done so far but only because if he was to get the sack Fat Fred would bring in someone ten times worse.

Like Graeme Souness?... Aye, we've been there!

I don't think even Jose mourinho could salvage a performance out of this pathetic squad tbh!

See the season out,hope for the best in a takeover,then a complete overhaul of squad,if not,then it's gonna be around in circles once more for the faithfull.

Without wanting to talk about the 'injury crisis' I am satisfied with what he has done so far but only because if he was to get the sack Fat Fred would bring in someone ten times worse.

Fat Fred would be gone.

Did he not say that that would be the case if he fucked up on the next managerial appointment (our current perennial duffer it seems, Roeder).

Fat Fred would be gone.

Did he not say that that would be the case if he fucked up on the next managerial appointment (our current perennial duffer it seems, Roeder).

No, he said he'd go once we won a trophy so we're stuck with him.

Nobody at all with any degree of ambition or sense would join us at the moment. :lol:

I say let him try to build something.

Huh, I've had a few but that makes sod all sense. Surely half the reason nobody would join us is down to our performances under the manager and to a degree, his past record pointing to future good times.

/all behind the most important factor obviously, the cash we throw at them.

I have to ask again for clarification of exactly what he brings to the table

Not much, in my opinion. He's not particularly tactically astute nor does he excel in man management or motivational skills. I thought it was a dreadful appointment at the time and, depsite him doing marginally better than i expected so far (taking injuries into account), i've seen nothing to change my mind.

Fat Fred would be gone.

No, he said he'd go once we won a trophy so we're stuck with him.

Nope, he said that as well.

Nobody at all with any degree of ambition or sense would join us at the moment. :lol:

Huh, I've had a few but that makes sod all sense. Surely half the reason nobody would join us is down to our performances under the manager and to a degree, his past record pointing to future good times.

Who do you reckon is beating a path to our door??? ;)

The reason nobody would join us is down to a chairman who sacks a world renowned manmager for getting us within whiskers of champions league and brings in clown who's getting his current team relegated.

Why would any manager worth their salt want to put themselves in that position?

The reason nobody would join us is down to a chairman who sacks a world renowned manmager for getting us within whiskers of champions league and brings in clown who's getting his current team relegated.

To be fair, I think if we throw our cash at a manager in much the same way we seem to splash it on sub par players, I think you might be surprised who would take the job despite the obvious issues.

Pleasently surprised.

To be fair, I think if we throw our cash at a manager in much the same way we seem to splash it on sub par players, I think you might be surprised who would take the job despite the obvious issues.

Pleasently surprised.

So why did we end up with Souness......then Roeder?

EDIT: Obviously Souness came solely for the cash.

Edited by Happy Face

Pleasently surprised.

It is only an opinion, but It seems Shepherd feels that given good enough players that the manager is not as important as some of us feel (just like our defence).

Souness and Roeder simply continued a hiring strategy based on little other than getting someone in who might plug the faults of the previous regime.

That's by the by though. All I meant was that the current problems at the club can be smoothed over, and that money for many good managers out there would be a great persuader.

/even more than being 'the one to wake the sleeping giant'. ;)

Pleasently surprised.

It is only an opinion, but It seems Shepherd feels that given good enough players that the manager is not as important as some of us feel (just like our defence).

Souness and Roeder simply continued a hiring strategy based on little other than getting someone in who might plug the faults of the previous regime.

That's by the by though. All I meant was that the current problems at the club can be smoothed over, and that money for many good managers out there would be a great persuader.

Sorry but that's bollocks tbh. Even lifelong Toon supporter and Geordie Legend Alan Shearer wouldn't take the job (even though he lacks pedigree) for all the money in the kitty. He knows Shepherd is a cock knocker as does everyone else.

Pleasently surprised.

Sorry but that's bollocks tbh. Even lifelong Toon supporter and Geordie Legend Alan Shearer wouldn't take the job (even though he lacks pedigree) for all the money in the kitty. He knows Shepherd is a cock knocker as does everyone else.

No probs. We clearly agree on one thing then. The time is up for Shepherd.

Pleasently surprised.

No probs. We clearly agree on one thing then. The time is up for Shepherd.

Aye, I think we're an attractive proposition if our chairman was a bloke with a less tarnished record.