Anal Oliver

@yourservice

To be fair, it was only one game. Freak result IMO, not a lot anyone can do about it, time to move on and how we react is more important that how and why we lost. 3 points at home to West Ham will consign this result to where it belongs - the history books. Howay the lads.

Rubbish - if we'd battered them and they'd won 5-1 then I'd agree with you, we lost because we were absolute dogshit and totally outplayed but a team in a division below us.

That wasn't a freak result, it was deserved.

EDIT: just realised i've echo'd Mr Bass' comments almost word for word :rolleyes:

Good point Ally, it is far too early to judge them. I think fans in general have been spoilt by your Wayne Rooneys and your Paul Scholes' and as a result if youngsters don't set the world alight in the first few games, they must be shite and equally, if they play well, they're world beaters. I trust Arsene Wenger who says kids mature at different ages and that it takes at least 3 years for most kids to find their level. He also reckons there is no such thing as a bad footballer, they all have the ability to imporove and play much better if coached right/brought up in the right invironement and to be fair, he turned Adams and Co into ball playing playmakers and while clearly talented, could you imagine what type of player Ashley Cole would have developed into at Newcastle? Not one of the best left-backs in the world that's for certain.

Good point Ally, it is far too early to judge them. I think fans in general have been spoilt by your Wayne Rooneys and your Paul Scholes' and as a result if youngsters don't set the world alight in the first few games, they must be shite and equally, if they play well, they're world beaters. I trust Arsene Wenger who says kids mature at different ages and that it takes at least 3 years for most kids to find their level. He also reckons there is no such thing as a bad footballer, they all have the ability to imporove and play much better if coached right/brought up in the right invironement and to be fair, he turned Adams and Co into ball playing playmakers and while clearly talented, could you imagine what type of player Ashley Cole would have developed into at Newcastle? Not one of the best left-backs in the world that's for certain.

Good post :rolleyes:

To be fair, it was only one game. Freak result IMO, not a lot anyone can do about it, time to move on and how we react is more important that how and why we lost. 3 points at home to West Ham will consign this result to where it belongs - the history books. Howay the lads.

Rubbish - if we'd battered them and they'd won 5-1 then I'd agree with you, we lost because we were absolute dogshit and totally outplayed but a team in a division below us.

That wasn't a freak result, it was deserved.

It was deserved, 100%, in fact the score flattered us, but by freak result I mean getting beat 5-1 on our own patch in such circumstances, doesn't happen very often does it? I think you've misread the point I'm trying to make here Craig, maybe that's my own fault in the way I wrote it out but hopefully you'll understand what I'm getting at now.

Well yeah, I don't expect us to get tonked by West Ham on Saturday by a similar amount if that's what you mean.

:rolleyes:

How lucky can we get, playing against Davenport two league games in a row!

He must be having nightmares about Oba! :rolleyes:

Well yeah, I don't expect us to get tonked by West Ham on Saturday by a similar amount if that's what you mean.

Kind of aye, in a round about way. Basically 9 times out of 10 the best Birmingham would escape SJP with would be a narrow win or a draw, we'd beat them more often than not and 90% of our team most certainly wouldn't all have shockers all at the same time in one match. Hence freak result.

BTW I think that was our worst ever home FA Cup defeat and only the first time we've lost at home in the FA Cup for 10 or so years which proves my point, these defeats are rare, although for our club expected as we are famous for going from one extreme to another. It now wouldn't surprise me if the same team tonked West Ham (I doubt it will happen but if it does, I won't be surprised, that's us lot all over).

Kind of aye, in a round about way. Basically 9 times out of 10 the best Birmingham would escape SJP with would be a narrow win or a draw, we'd beat them more often than not and 90% of our team most certainly wouldn't all have shockers all at the same time in one match. Hence freak result.

BTW I think that was our worst ever home FA Cup defeat and only the first time we've lost at home in the FA Cup for 10 or so years which proves my point, these defeats are rare, although for our club expected as we are famous for going from one extreme to another. It now wouldn't surprise me if the same team tonked West Ham (I doubt it will happen but if it does, I won't be surprised, that's us lot all over).

The only comparable to me is 1992 against Bournemouth...

Make that heaviest losing margin :rolleyes:

So, a result like this is rare and freakish but all that does is add to the shock, disgust and embaressment for those who were around to witness it. It is rare but the players and the manager let it happen, and deserve everything they get.

/and let's not forget that, putting the scoreline aside, the current regime has now notched up more than just the one indefensible result. Maybe such a defeat was not quite as unpridictable as you lead us to believe.

Guest stevieintoon

Nah we played alright against Bournemouth, Efan Ekoku was their only real threat, Randy Cunt scored a great goal near the end, just someone forgot to tell Liam O'Brien that the goal was actually 80 feet beneath the scoreboard. Not even remotely comparable with last night. I believe it was the worst in our history (home) post war, and maybe second ever after 1-9 against the mackems.

Dweebtastic but I had a check on .com this am as I thought it might have been our record home FA Cup defeat but don't worry, we lost 5-0 to Sheffield United in 1914.

Guest stevieintoon

Maybe we've come full circle since that Bournemouth game though that was the last home game before Keegan 26,000 there, and the attendance last night.......

Nah we played alright against Bournemouth, Efan Ekoku was their only real threat, Randy Cunt scored a great goal near the end, just someone forgot to tell Liam O'Brien that the goal was actually 80 feet beneath the scoreboard. Not even remotely comparable with last night. I believe it was the worst in our history (home) post war, and maybe second ever after 1-9 against the mackems.

Aye we didn't play bad that night - didn't see a great deal as I was stood in the fog in the Leazes End and all the action was down in the other goal. Think it was the cold, dank, miserable atmosphere which made it feel worse. Plus the fact that we were staring Division Three in the face!

He's a thick cunt but he's right. There was no doom and gloom after our deserved point against Man Utd and win at Spurs. I still think we can beat West Ham, even if it means fucking Ramage off, like what Chelsea done to Beasant after he let 3 easy goals in. Stick Hunty centre half and give Edgar another go, cos he can't be nee worse than Ramage. Can't believe some cunts on here last night slagging Huntingdon like "he'll be at Darlo in 3 years" fucking :rolleyes:

Look man, none of these kids are fucking good enough. They'll never make it, they got shown up for what they were last night.

Maybe so but that doesn't warrant the abuse or ironically the high expectations, if they are all indeed shite and we are shite, why the big outrage when one of those shite players plays shite or when we get beat 5-1. If anything, everyone is overachieving or playing beyond their ability, no?

They arent good enough at the moment tbh. Taylor is decent. No better or worse at the moment. Some would have us believe he has been outstanding but I cant agree with that.

Ramage was never cut out to be a Premiership footballer.

That we are looking to put kids into a situation where they play on adrenalin for a while then say they are better than xyz is indicative of the average football fan. Its been that way for years. Too many to mention. I couldnt argue with the lad who reckoned Hutington will be at Darlo in years. Some of the mistakes that lot have made have gone unchallenged cos we want them to do well. If senior players do that then they get hammered. Thats the way it is. Rightly so maybe.

However, its far from obvious that any of the kids we have will play at the top all of their career.

As fans of a large club we deserve better. If it was managed correctly then this discussion wouldnt occur.

Last night's result reminds me of when Arsenal beat Boro's kids 7-0 last season. They're a talented bunch, but not yet ready for the step up and that game showed them. Obviously Arsenal are totally different to Birmingham, but its the same point imo.

Since then Taylor has become a regular, Davies occasionally plays, Cattermole is in and out, and many of the rest have gone on loan. I reckon they'll come good, or at least decent in the future.

Roeder for England!

haha so patronising.

Look, these kids are shit. Get over it.