So we sack Roeder then...

Howaythetoon

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also there was much less pressure on him and the team because of how shit Souness had been. It was kind of a "let's see what you can do" period. This season we've expected results (based on last season's form!) the team have failed to deliver.

i'd get rid of roeder if we could attract a better standard of manager. sadly i don't see any top quality managers knocking down our doors to work under our current chairman.

Who do we get in?

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld - Free agent. Swiss Super league, Bundesliga, Champions League winner.

Paul Le Guen - Miss the chance to sign him.

Marcello Lippi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup, World Cup winner,

Arrigo Sacchi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup winner.

Rafael Benitez - Might be sacked by Liverpool Wink La Liga, Champions League winner.

Claudio Ranieri - Free agent. Success with all the clubs he is involved except Athletico Madrid.

Guus Hiddink - If Russia do not qualify for Euro Championship, he might resign.

Sven Goran Eriksson - Share a nice hobby with Freaky Shitbird

Marco Van Basten - Done well with Netherland national team. Might fancy club football.

Jürgen Klinsmann - Done well with German national team. Might fancy club football.

Decent Candidates

Aidy Boothroyd - Massively overachieving with Watford. Tactically astute. Very ambitious. Very intelligent. Very passionate. Very young (35). Delima's favourite. Might prefer a bigger club than Watford. But can't imagine him working with Shepherd.

Quique Sánchez Flores - Good record with Valencia. Might be sacked by Valencia anytime. But could take some time to adapt to EPL.

Keith Amstrong - Finnsh league winner. Boyhood Newcastle supporter.

Paul Simpson - Overachieving with Preston. Young bright manager. Might want a bigger club.

Christoph Daum - Miss the chance to sign him.

Paul Jewell - Good record with Wigan, despite failing to attract players he trully wanted. Turn Heskey from donkey to horse. Young bright manager. Can't imagine him preferring Shepherd over Whelan.

Chris Coleman - Establish Fulham as Premiership regular with tight budget. Very young (36). Might fancy a bigger transfer budget.

Slaven Bilić - Wikipedia profile

Alex McLeish - Rival Martin O'Neill in SPL with a much limited budget.

Dilly Davies - Up and coming young manager With a good eye for talent.

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Freddy Shepherd

Phil Parkinson

Bryan Robson

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Glenn Hoddle

Gary Speed

Alan Oliver

Iain Dowie

Lee Clark

NE5

HTL

Edited by Delima

Who do we get in?

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld - Free agent. Swiss Super league, Bundesliga, Champions League winner.

Paul Le Guen - Miss the chance to sign him.

Marcello Lippi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup, World Cup winner,

Arrigo Sacchi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup winner.

Rafael Benitez - Might be sacked by Liverpool Wink La Liga, Champions League winner.

Claudio Ranieri - Free agent. Success with all the clubs he is involved except Athletico Madrid.

Guus Hiddink - If Russia do not qualify for Euro Championship, he might resign.

Sven Goran Eriksson - Share a nice hobby with Freaky Shitbird

Marco Van Basten - Done well with Netherland national team. Might fancy club football.

Jürgen Klinsmann - Done well with German national team. Might fancy club football.

Decent Candidates

Aidy Boothroyd - Massively overachieving with Watford. Tactically astute. Very ambitious. Very intelligent. Very passionate. Very young (35). Delima's favourite. Might prefer a bigger club than Watford. But can't imagine him working with Shepherd.

Quique Sánchez Flores - Good record with Valencia. Might be sacked by Valencia anytime. But could take some time to adapt to EPL.

Paul Simpson - Overachieving with Preston. Young bright manager. Might want a bigger club.

Paul Jewell - Good record with Wigan, despite failing to attract players he trully wanted. Turn Heskey from donkey to horse. Young bright manager. Can't imagine him preferring Shepherd over Whelan.

Chris Coleman - Establish Fulham as Premiership regular with tight budget. Very young (36). Might fancy a bigger transfer budget.

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Freddy Shepherd

Phil Parkinson

Bryan Robson

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Glenn Hoddle

Gary Speed

Alan Oliver

Iain Dowie

Lee Clark

NE5

HTL

:rolleyes:

Who do we get in?

Decent Candidates

I wouldn't swap any of them for Roeder, and I haven't a clue who half of them are anyway.

What position were we in when Souness went?

Roeder's taking us in the right direction Shirley.

15th with no hope of Europe and a big hole to the tune of 50m in the transfer kitty. Since then a respectable 7th place finish, successful European qualification via the back door, successful (unbeaten) qualification from the UEFA Cup group of death stage, currently a few wins off the top 6 and all with a patched up squad of youngsters, a foreign midget striker new to the league, 33 year-old Sibbers, a few stalwarts, a full-team out injured, demanding fans, no Owen, no Shearer and no first choice assistant. All in all I'd say he's done a damn fine job in the circumstances.

28 wins from 55 games gives him the highest win ratio of any Toon manager. It may not seem like we've been winning matches, but we have.

15th with no hope of Europe and a big hole to the tune of 50m in the transfer kitty. Since then a respectable 7th place finish, successful European qualification via the back door, successful (unbeaten) qualification from the UEFA Cup group of death stage, currently a few wins off the top 6 and all with a patched up squad of youngsters, a foreign midget striker new to the league, 33 year-old Sibbers, a few stalwarts, a full-team out injured, demanding fans, no Owen, no Shearer and no first choice assistant. All in all I'd say he's done a damn fine job in the circumstances.

28 wins from 55 games gives him the highest win ratio of any Toon manager. It may not seem like we've been winning matches, but we have.

Spot on :rolleyes:

But will Shearer be willing to leave the BBC after just one year though? :rolleyes:

If Shearer is 1/2 as sensible as I think he is he won't come anywhere NEAR the NUFC managers job.

Pointless including cup games, especially intertoto and UEFA ones. If you look at his record in the league since he's actually been manager it's W8, D5, L10. Is that impressive considering he's spent more than most his rivals?

And again what is the point of the comparison with Souness. I may be much better looking than Dean Gaffney, but it doesn't make me Brad Pitt.

There were actually rumours flying round earlier that Shearer was ready to quit MOTD a couple of weeks ago, after being told he couldn't call Newcastle "we" or "us".

First I've heard of it!

There were actually rumours flying round earlier that Shearer was ready to quit MOTD a couple of weeks ago, after being told he couldn't call Newcastle "we" or "us".

First I've heard of it!

Just a rumour doing the rounds at Uni, probably no truth in it at all.

Pointless including cup games, especially intertoto and UEFA ones. If you look at his record in the league since he's actually been manager it's W8, D5, L10. Is that impressive considering he's spent more than most his rivals?

And again what is the point of the comparison with Souness. I may be much better looking than Dean Gaffney, but it doesn't make me Brad Pitt.

Absolutely.

Maybe so but when you scratch deep and consider all the circumstances like injuries, no Shearer, no Owen etc. then that job he has done looks even more remarkable, how manay managers aound him have had to put up with what he has had to? 28 wins in 55 games is a very good record, regardless and a true reflection of the job he has done, all things considered. Who should we compare him to? SBR, KK? I don't see a problem in comparing him to Souness given he is his successor and according to some, even worse or the same. We'd be dead and burried under Souness by now with all our problems and let me remind you SBR for 2 years done an average job with far better players at his disposal and without the competition around us or the problems Roeder has encountered. Don't get me wrong, I know he is an average manager and that under him we won't reach CL heights or top 4 finishes but sometimes I feel people expect way too much, and ironically most of these people demanding the earth from Roeder, consider him to be shite and doing a shite job. He's done a fantastic job and deserves some credit and a bit slack from his detractors, in my opinion anyway.

HTT also known as the staus quo man. Fear of change is a debillitating thing HTT. Especially if you keep spouting the shite you are. Roeder is a dreadful football manager. I can say this because his team play dreadful football.

A dreadful manager doing a good job.

HTT also known as the staus quo man. Fear of change is a debillitating thing HTT. Especially if you keep spouting the shite you are. Roeder is a dreadful football manager. I can say this because his team play dreadful football.

A dreadful manager doing a good job as a manager? You what?

He's an average manager somehow doing an unaverage job, in the circumstances. Better?

He's an average manager somehow doing an unaverage job, in the circumstances. Better?

So to be "good" now you don't have to be in the top half of the league? He's the epitome of an average manager man, stop using meaningless stats from the intertoto cup to big him up.