Greatest Finisher Of All Time

Tooj

He misses one of them :baby:

I love that finish with the laces against Holland in USA '94. Rumminege (sp?) could finish too like, pure class.

Rummenigge. ;)

They are all no Gerd Müller though.

Before my time mate [/spooney out of his depth on 606]

Whats all this natural finisher shite that surrounds Fowler about anyway? Does it mean they can do it in their sleep, or that he's been able to score from 30 yards since he was a baby?

Surely all good strikers are natural finishers, as its what they've always done.

Edited by Ally

I have to say I've always been a huge Romario fan, but that vid highlighted why he failed so miserably in the diabolically poor Australian League - the searing pace he used to scorch past defenders has deserted him... And while he still has speed of thought and excellent technique it proved of little use to him in a fast and very physical league...

Oh, and the small matter that virtually all of the goals on that vid were created by intelligent through balls wouldn't have helped him here - Australia has produced maybe two or three creative players in the last 20 years!

Hers a list of great finishers:Ian Rush

Jimmy Greaves

Gary Lineker

Mick Quinn

Alan Shearer

Denis Law

Clive Allen

Thierry Henry

Michael Owen

Oleg Blokhin

Gerd Muller

Paolo Rossi

Marco Van Basten

But of that list only Wor Al,Henry,Van Basten and Greavesie contributed to a team in other ways.

Edited by billytray

Whats all this natural finisher shite that surrounds Fowler about anyway? Does it mean they can do it in their sleep, or that he's been able to score from 30 yards since he was a baby?

Surely all good strikers are natural finishers, as its what they've always done.

It is a tired old cliche I agree, but the likes of Fowler ARE natural finishers compared to some strikers, like Martins for example who just isn't and never will be. The likes of Fowler don't even need to look and can finish all manner of strikes effortlessly in the blink of an eye, so I think the description is valid where he is concerned. I don't think it means anything though in the grande scheme of finding the back of the net because Shearer was never described as a natural finisher, yet as we all know, he was in a league of his own when it came to finishing. Anyway natural to me means effortless and you have to admit, Fowler in his pomp put them away in that fashion. Romario was the same. The Shearers worked harder for their goals.

He misses one of them :blink:

I love that finish with the laces against Holland in USA '94. Rumminege (sp?) could finish too like, pure class.

Rummenigge. :angry:

indeed

if we're talking "finishers" I htink my list of all time greats would run:-

Muller

Clough

Lineker

Greaves

at NUFC it would have to be Len White

saw them all - but Gerd was sommat else

men who seemed to be able to stay totally calm in the mad house of the penalty (or even goal) area and just pop up to bang the ball in

interestingly non of them was very fast, or very tall - all about reading the game and keeping a clear head

He misses one of them :rolleyes:

Rummenigge. :blink:

indeed

if we're talking "finishers" I htink my list of all time greats would run:-

Muller

Clough

Lineker

Greaves

at NUFC it would have to be Len White

saw them all - but Gerd was sommat else

men who seemed to be able to stay totally calm in the mad house of the penalty (or even goal) area and just pop up to bang the ball in

interestingly non of them was very fast, or very tall - all about reading the game and keeping a clear head

Bloke I knew who saw both Hughie and Wor Jackie (passed away now sadly) reckons White was the best of them all and one of my relatives reckons he was even better than Shearer.

What about Law Rob and Ian Rush?

It is a tired old cliche I agree, but the likes of Fowler ARE natural finishers compared to some strikers, like Martins for example who just isn't and never will be. The likes of Fowler don't even need to look and can finish all manner of strikes effortlessly in the blink of an eye, so I think the description is valid where he is concerned. I don't think it means anything though in the grande scheme of finding the back of the net because Shearer was never described as a natural finisher, yet as we all know, he was in a league of his own when it came to finishing. Anyway natural to me means effortless and you have to admit, Fowler in his pomp put them away in that fashion. Romario was the same. The Shearers worked harder for their goals.

What complete bollocks, again.

What complete bollocks, again.

Oh, I seem to have a stalker, that's two threads now, care to debate the point or are you unable to?

I agree, though, I do talk shite :rolleyes: