NU will never be as big as Everton!

Zippy

Apologies for the thread title - wanted to get your attention!

I am a Kopite who was on here browsing to see Geordie perspective on the Owen deal. I came across the "harsh reality" thread where an Echo article had led to some abuse for Liverpool.

As far as I'm concerned if Liverpool can't win something/sign Owen I want Newcastle to do so as I feel it is a similar city that lives for its football and obviously we have loads of links through the likes of Keegan, Beardsley, Alan Kennedy, Terry Mc etc

Anyway whilst I understand that as fans we will have rivalry and disagreements etc I would rather it be due to genuine reasons than misunderstandings so I want to clear something up - the recent Echo article:

Magpies in dreamland

FORGIVE me for introducing a note of caution to excited Magpies, but didn't Newcastle make a much trumpeted, totally genuine, record-breaking bid for an England international striker exactly this time last year.

And didn't he end up in a red shirt days later? Yes, thought so.

Newcastle, a massive club? Only in the eyes of their deluded supporters.

was written by David Prentice who is the Echos chief bitter blue and not as you guys thought a kopite. Read it again and I am sure you will recognise its bitterness towards Newcdastle which is due to them feeling you guys are taking their place in the traditional big five, signing all their targets etc Ha!

Anyway just wanted to clear that up.

Good luck today.

Apologies for the thread title - wanted to get your attention!

I am a Kopite who was on here browsing to see Geordie perspective on the Owen deal. I came across the "harsh reality" thread where an Echo article had led to some abuse for Liverpool.

20526[/snapback]

Wonder how you'd have reacted if one of us had posted that Liverpool weren't a quarter as big as Man U :blink: .......as per that jouranlist - we've read far worse from spiteful Everton supporting journos in the past couple of years. Pathetic, actually. Bill Burrows does it regularly and goes really OTT. Its almost hate where that turds concerned (and he hides behind Man City - never mentions Everton, always Man City. but he got sussed by our own Evening Chronicle. Hiding behind another team was the act of a coward I'd have said.

But the Rooney business was something that annoyed the hell out of us too. We felt humiliated.

By the way - dunno if you know it, but Everton are refrerred to on here as the "Scouse makems" as Man City are also referred to (less often) as the "Manc Makems" need I tell you it is NOT meant as a compliment ?

However, now onto Owen - I along with many are getting heartily pissed off with Owen's petulant whining for Liverpool like a lost toddler. Hardly going to endear us to him, I'd have thought. I'd prefer to go after the dutch kid.

Edited by Phil K