Newcastle v West Ham United Offical Match Thread

Guest stevieintoon

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think sheringham will get stick for his lass acting like a complete muppet on the Tele???

I hadn't though of that, but since you mention it, why not!

most people probably wont give it a thought tbh, would be funny to here him gettin stick from the crowd though

Most things point to a sneaky away win tbh.

...the fact that West Ham have not scored in nine successive away games in the Premiership - 888 minutes tbp. :baby:

Exactly, Newcastle are always the fall guy in these situations! WHU will score tomorrow, i'm certain of it.

Hope you're wrong.

Btw, looks like they'll play with Harewood and Sheringham in attack. Zamora and Tevez isn't in the squad.

Zamora is suspended and Tevez injured. :razz:

West Ham view of things, see you tomorrow:-

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=2295

Good read that ;)

...the fact that West Ham have not scored in nine successive away games in the Premiership - 888 minutes tbp. :baby:

Exactly, Newcastle are always the fall guy in these situations! WHU will score tomorrow, i'm certain of it.

Hope you're wrong.

Btw, looks like they'll play with Harewood and Sheringham in attack. Zamora and Tevez isn't in the squad.

Good read that ;)

Aye, great, just a few edits needed eg Taylor being suspended etc

Hope you're wrong.

Good read that ;)

You having a laugh?

i've just printed it out and had the pleasure of a shite and wiped my arse with it.

Hope you're wrong.

Good read that ;)

You having a laugh?

i've just printed it out and had the pleasure of a shite and wiped my arse with it.

No. I enjoy reading what other fans think of us before we play them.

Hope you're wrong.

Good read that ;)

You having a laugh?

They love us!simple as,if it wasn't for their dads they'd have been black & white.

Given

Carr Ramage Hunty Solano

Milner Butt Parker Dyer

Sib Martins

solano at left back and dyer at left wing? :baby:

solano used to play for peru at left wing back and played left and right for boca jrs. it'll be either the above line up or.............................given

..carr........butt.......ramage...huntington

solano......parker....dyer.....milner

...sibs...martins...

...the fact that West Ham have not scored in nine successive away games in the Premiership - 888 minutes tbp. :blink:

Hope you're wrong.

Zamora is suspended and Tevez injured. :(

Good read that :angry:

You having a laugh?

Yup - I'm very much the same, and that article was fairly balanced and reasonable. I mean, I don't go for all the Roeder bashing, but I guess they they have their reasons... I have to say the following amused me:

This despite a much reported absence of first team players and the need to blood several products of their youth academy. A selection of those currently queuing up outside the physio’s room include strikers Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi, defenders, Celestine Babayaro, Oliver Barnard and Craig Moore, mistake prone liability, Titus Bramble and midfielders, Charles N’Zogbia, Scott Parker, Damien Duff and Emre. That should take care of most of the players that you’ve heard of; let’s have a look at their likely line up.

Bramble worthy of being mentioned twice? :angry:

No pain, no gain for Parker

By MARTIN BLACKBURN

January 20, 2007

SCOTT PARKER will play through the pain barrier in a bid to lift the gloom over the Toon.

The Newcastle skipper is still struggling with a stomach problem which has kept him out since the turn of the year.

But he has declared himself fit as the Geordies bid to overcome their 5-1 FA Cup humiliation against Birmingham on Wednesday night.

Boss Glenn Roeder will be forced to send out another patched- up side against his old club West Ham.

And Parker, who was the subject of a cheeky bid from the Hammers this month, declared: “I’m fit!”

He added: “I’ve had an ongoing stomach problem, which is causing discomfort, but I’ll try to manage it and do the best I can for the rest of the season.”

The squad had a meeting after its hammering by Brum and Parker is determined not to dwell too long on the defeat.

He said: “After a result like that you come in the next day and try to put what happened aside.

“We have a young squad and a lot of injuries and we need to put it to one side.

“This is a time to think about the more positive results and aspects of the season.

“We’re all under pressure and the senior players have to carry the can.

“A lot of youngsters have done brilliantly for us this season.”

Parker insists their is no room for despondency at St James’ Park and insists there is still plenty to look forward to.

A top-six finish is not out of the question and Toon have also reached the last 32 of the UEFA Cup.

He added: “We are out of two domesticups, which is very disappointing.

“But we still have the league and we could really push on.

“If we win two games we’ll be right up there.”

Boss Roeder admits he may be forced to hit the loan market next week as he is struggling to prise his top targets away from their clubs.

He had Peter Crouch, Anton Ferdinand and Curtis Davies at the top of his January shopping list.

But clubs are reluctant to sell with a large chunk of the season still remaining so it has been frustrating for Roeder as he looks to boost his young squad.

He said: “If we’re going to buy a player, it has to be one we will have for four or five years.

“I’m looking for the sort of quality Newcastle fans are expecting and deserve.

“I’ll keep working on that type of target, but now I’m very mindful of the two loans I was going to use anyway.”

Calum's smarting over Martins

By DAVE KIDD

January 20, 2007

CALUM DAVENPORT prays he will not suffer a recurring nightmare when he faces Obafemi Martins for the second time in seven days.

The West Ham new-boy was marking Newcastle hitman Martins when the Nigerian hammered a wonder goal in Toon’s 3-2 victory over Tottenham last Sunday.

And after his £3million switch from Spurs to Upton Park on Thursday, Davenport will go head-to-head with Martins again today.

Davenport, 24, said: “I think Martins is a fantastic player.

“He has settled in to English football now and is scoring goals.

“He is quick, sharp and causes problems. He will be a handful but hopefully he won’t score a goal against me like he did at White Hart Lane the other day.

“The way Spurs played against Newcastle, we limited them to three chances and they scored three goals.

“We were a bit unlucky on the day.”

Hammers boss Alan Curbishley was at White Hart Lane, scouting for Davenport, when Martins struck.

Curbs said: “He has that ability. Glenn Roeder said after the game that he can do that with both feet.”