Feyenoord thrown out of Uefa Cup

chip2388

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6278299.stm

Feyenoord thrown out of Uefa Cup

Tottenham's next Uefa Cup opponents Feyenoord have been excluded from this season's competition.

Uefa has banished the Dutch club after the crowd trouble at French side Nancy on 30 November.

The group stage game had to be stopped for half an hour because of trouble in the stands as Feyenoord trailed 3-0.

Feyenoord were set to play Tottenham in the last 32 knockout stage of the Uefa Cup but Spurs are now likely to get a bye into the next round.

Feyenoord had originally been fined £81,000 and handed a suspended sentence to play two matches in an empty stadium.

The decision was taken by Uefa's independent Control and Disciplinary board, but European football's governing body appealed the decision for a harsher punishment.

Uefa are expected to confirm next week whether Spurs will get a bye, which appears the most plausible option.

More to follow.

Probably good but Spurs will likely get a bye into the next round

about bloody time this happened

I 'll start to beleive thar Yufa are REALLY serious when they can one of the big clubs mind........................

The day they chuck an Italian or Spanish club out for an offence is the day i'll give them any credit, but it'll never happen so i won't have to!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

about bloody time this happened

I 'll start to beleive thar Yufa are REALLY serious when they can one of the big clubs mind........................

are feyenord not a big club then?

not these days