Newcastle - West Ham Player Ratings

lualualua

wot game were you watching ? carr was abysmal couldn,tput two passes together every time he passed to another toon player there was somebody up his arse it was just get me out of jail ,useless wot did he give us today? ramage i hope he doesnt get back in should have won today ,but to come back from 2 goals down says a lot.get rid of roeder and mcdermott.clark and the rest of the hangers on bring in deuschamps somebody who has won things both as a player and a manager : :angry:

Like watching Steven Carr trying to type.. :angry:

:blink: quite... what the hell is going on!?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevieintoon

Given - 6

Carr - 6

Ramage - 0

Huntington - 6

Solano - 7

O'Brien - 7

Butt - 6

Parker - 6

Milner - 8

Dyer - 7

Martins - 7

-----------------

Harper - 7

Edgar - 7

I thought Solano was poor today, penalty excepted. :blink:

He started anythign decent we did with the ball, when Given finally realised passing it to Nobby is better than humping it up to our small strikeforce.

He was also the only defender who was doing any sort of job at the back early on when we gave them goals and was stopping their attacks with well timed cynical fouls instead of everyone elses method of letting players roll past you or just not marking them! And he was one of the few at the back who seemed to be helping others by actually talking to them, because our team must'nt be speaking to each other the way they leave each other exposed by never giving anyone a shoit!

Thought we looked better at the back when Edgar came on than we had been before.

It was the fouls I had a problem with. I thought he was lucky not to get sent off, especially with that unpredictable fat bastard man as referee. Also, I think he is just too slow for a full back, miles better than Carr though!

He started anythign decent we did with the ball, when Given finally realised passing it to Nobby is better than humping it up to our small strikeforce.

That's been a problem for a while now, only Nobby and maybe Taylor look comfortable in possession out of all of our defenders, it often goes unnoticed as Emre is happy to drop back and collect the short pass before starting off our attack, without him dropping back to collect it our defenders just play it back to Given.

I thought Solano was poor today, penalty excepted. :blink:

He was also the only defender who was doing any sort of job at the back early on when we gave them goals and was stopping their attacks with well timed cynical fouls instead of everyone elses method of letting players roll past you or just not marking them! And he was one of the few at the back who seemed to be helping others by actually talking to them, because our team must'nt be speaking to each other the way they leave each other exposed by never giving anyone a shoit!

Thought we looked better at the back when Edgar came on than we had been before.

It was the fouls I had a problem with. I thought he was lucky not to get sent off, especially with that unpredictable fat bastard man as referee. Also, I think he is just too slow for a full back, miles better than Carr though!

That's what i like about Nobby, as soon as he gets a yellow, he doesn't take risks by chopping people down anymore, but if you don't book him, he does what good defenders do...keeps on fouling!

He obviously wouldn't be first choice RB at a team going for the top 4 etc. But i like him there, and with another expereinced and class defender at CB and a better LB i think he's fit in quite nicely to be honest.

With Rennie i actually thought he had a respectable first half, yes he was stopping the game too often, but he wa spotting the fouls and gving them both ways.

The as usual he lost the plot! Every single time we had a corner he'd blow his whistle for a foul in the box, when we had freekicks he counted out 5 yards one time and stopped, did a pirroutte and then pointed at a random spot for the wall to stand. The second time the entire crowd counted out for him and he deliberately stopped at 9 because he's a cunt!

Dyer - 7

You weren't watching the same game as me then.

Dyer was appalling. All he did was pass backwards all game or return the ball to the person who passed it to him.

He bottled everything. This is obviously how he intends to remain fit - just jog around all afternoon and never get involved.

Dyer was virtually anonymous all game (as he was against Birmingham). Don't see why some of youse are giving the bloke a rating of 6 and 7+, maybe a 2 at best

:blink: Fumacaroony!

Guest stevieintoon

Dyer - 7

Dyer was appalling. All he did was pass backwards all game or return the ball to the person who passed it to him.

He bottled everything. This is obviously how he intends to remain fit - just jog around all afternoon and never get involved.

When did he give the ball away. His running off the ball created space and particularly in the second half I thought he played a key role. I have my suspicions of who you are with your 36 posts.

Edited by stevieintoon

Dyer - 7

When did he give the ball away. His running off the ball created space and particularly in the second half I thought he played a key role. I have my suspicions of who you are with your 36 posts.

Posts a lot less now Robert has gone. Seems Dyer is the new Robert for him.

Dyer - 7

Posts a lot less now Robert has gone. Seems Dyer is the new Robert for him.

No doubt spent the entire match counting exactly how any times Dyer passed backwards, like he counted Robert's errors!

Ah. Because I despised Robert so much - I'm never again allowed to criticise someone!

Superfan alert!

Its ok, i don't think any of us have ever thought of you as a superfan! :rolleyes:

You can criticise who the hell you like but when people are in disagreement with you then they can criticise you.

Also you didn't just despise Robert, you spent matches at St. James counting exactly how many things he did wrong, rather than say, support him and the team which is quite disturbing really!

Also you didn't just despise Robert, you spent matches at St. James counting exactly how many things he did wrong

It was a classic case of the Emperors new clothes. For example - the bloke could not lift a corner to save his life - yet there were people who thought his corners were fantastic.

I did my own mini Opta-index for one game to see if I was just seeing things.

I still think I have been vindicated by his domestic and international career since he left Newcastle. If he was half as good as many said, why the hell haven't we seen or heard of him since and why was he transferred on a free?

As for Dyer... He was shit yesterday for the reasons I have stated.

Also you didn't just despise Robert, you spent matches at St. James counting exactly how many things he did wrong

It was a classic case of the Emperors new clothes. For example - the bloke could not lift a corner to save his life - yet there were people who thought his corners were fantastic.

I did my own mini Opta-index for one game to see if I was just seeing things.

I still think I have been vindicated by his domestic and international career since he left Newcastle. If he was half as good as many said, why the hell haven't we seen or heard of him since and why was he transferred on a free?

As for Dyer... He was shit yesterday for the reasons I have stated.

Was the most productive left winger in terms of goals and assists that this club has had in the last twenty years, at the least.

but don't let that get in the way of your vitriol.

Dyer has the ability to change a game just like Robert did, he didn't have a great game against WestHam but in his defence, not many did.

you just like a scapegoat Grimbo, and you choose the more flair players to bear that burden.

Was the most productive left winger in terms of goals and assists that this club has had in the last twenty years, at the least.

Shame nobody else in the world of football thought so... just a few deluded souls on here!

Pity you three couldn't scramble £100,000 together - you could have bought his contract and took turns licking his arse.

Dyer, flair player? :rolleyes:

Shame nobody else in the world of football thought so... just a few deluded souls on here!

Pity you three couldn't scramble £100,000 together - you could have bought his contract and took turns licking his arse.

Dyer, flair player? :blink:

you aren't the sharpest are you Grimbo :rolleyes:

it's not an opinion, it's a fact that Robert produced more from the left wing than any other player in the last twenty odd years... probably more.

and Dyer is a flair player in so much that Nicky Butt isn't. He's more flair than grit isn't he?

:blink: but, by all means continue your crusade.

:rolleyes:

I know Grimbo didn't bring up Robert, that was done for him, but it's got him started again!

FFS.

As for Dyer, I thought he was quite anonymous overall, especially in the first half. It always seems there's a cyclical pattern with him:

Gets an injury

Out for months with several false reports about him returning soon.

Returns from injury, makes a difference for two or three matches. Manager likens him to a new signing, gullible fans delighted.

Spotted out on the town at 3 o'clock (happened after Spurs game), or worse.

Form slips, becomes ineffectual

Gets an injury......

Childish, but I'll indulge you. Prove me wrong!

I was saying he was finished for months - quite a few on here were saying how great he was.

Newcastle wanted rid of him - nobody would buy him - went on a free - career in free-fall.

Now argue with me or just come up with another childish insult!

I think he's less effective upfront anyway (Dyer) especially without someone who can hold the ball up alongside him but mainly due to him making his best runs from midfield. He's harder to pick up then.

I was saying he was finished for months - quite a few on here were saying how great he was.

Newcastle wanted rid of him - nobody would buy him - went on a free - career in free-fall.

He set up/scored loads of goals, but we got rid at the right time. Do we have to go over this one again though?

He set up/scored loads of goals, but we got rid at the right time. Do we have to go over this one again though?

Grimbo wants to, obviously.

Regarding Dyer, I agree his best position is in midfield and not upfront, preferably in the middle or a free role on the right. He's a shit "striker".

i quite like dyer up front, just off a target man or on the wing. not sure dyer/martins is the way to go but i prefer him playing off a front man to centre mid where he doesn't have as much space to get in behind.

i think ideally you'd play dyer off a striker with two holding players behind him, so he doesn't have to worry too much about defensive duties