Sunday Gossip Column.

menace13

Manchester United are set to offer Cristiano Ronaldo a double-your-money five-year deal worth £100,000 a week. (News of the World)

Chelsea will swoop for US defender Oguchi Onyewu, currently at Standard Liege, for around £3m. (Daily Star Sunday, News of the World)

Manchester United have won the battle to sign Southampton's wonderkid Gareth Bale - for around £8m. (Sunday Express)

Manchester United are also likely to sign Deportivo La Coruna midfielder Aldo Dusher, the man who broke David Beckham's metatarsal before the 2002 World Cup. (News of the World)

Wigan boss Paul Jewell is planning a £3m bid for West Ham striker Marlon Harewood. (Sunday People)

Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler is ready to follow David Beckham into Major League Soccer. (Sunday Mirror)

Middlesbrough have made a £4m bid for Arsenal striker Jeremie Aliadiere with Massimo Maccarone set to leave the Riverside. (Daily Star Sunday)

Birmingham want up to £8m for Matthew Upson as they have to pay the defender's ex-club Arsenal a percentage of any transfer fee. (Daily Star Sunday)

Aston Villa could swap striker Milan Baros for Lyon's version of Peter Crouch in John Carew. (Sunday Mirror)

John Terry, Frank Lampard and Michael Essien are set to sign new deals at Chelsea, despite the uncertainty over manager Jose Mourinho's future. (Sunday Mirror)

Bolton and Blackburn are expected to slug it out as they try to land Manchester City's central defender Sylvain Distin. (Sunday People)

Tottenham want winger Damien Duff from Newcastle, who could be tempted to sell to raise funds for a central defender. (Sunday People)

England could play their Euro 2008 qualifier against Andorra at Barcelona's Nou Camp stadium because of security concerns. (NOTW)

Juventus are planning a £30m offer for Liverpool's Steven Gerrard when they hopefully return back to Serie A for next season. (Various)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

too right, whats happened to duff this season.... he's been average and often not very good at all.

7m would get bridge i reckon.

Chelsea wont let him go until the end of the season, not with their injury problems.

7 million could get a decent CB and a LB.

Snap their hands off.

if they come for him don't let them out of the room until the cheque clears

he is THE most disapoinint signing of the last three years - the was supposed to be up for it whereas our Spanish turkey at least has the "excuse" he'd never played in the PL before

Would take £7m for Duff and offer it all for Baines!

Why sell Duff yet? He hasn't had the chance to prove himself at the club yet

When he first come to the club I thought he looked lively and a good signing, since then and before the injury he went off the boil, but he has been asked to play left back, in the middle so what do people expect?

When he was in a bad run so was every other NUFC player, stick him on the left and give him a run of games, he won't do much worse that o'brien, pattison etc...

When he first come to the club I thought he looked lively and a good signing, since then and before the injury he went off the boil, but he has been asked to play left back, in the middle so what do people expect?

When he was in a bad run so was every other NUFC player, stick him on the left and give him a run of games, he won't do much worse that o'brien, pattison etc...

Because when we were linked with him I thought we were going for a player close to the end of our long list of priorities and if we can get someone now who is at the front it would make sense.

Because when we were linked with him I thought we were going for a player close to the end of our long list of priorities and if we can get someone now who is at the front it would make sense.

Do we not need a left sided player though? I think we do imo

I totally agree that signing a left back is a number one priority, but selling Duff to spurs would be a mistake imo, what sort of message does it send?

We need as many players as possible, selling Duff would just further weaken us. We need to keep the likes of Duff, Charlie, Milner at the club as these are the players who can make things happen.

Fat Fred and friends need to put their hands in thier pocket and make funds available for players.

Do we not need a left sided player though? I think we do imo

I totally agree that signing a left back is a number one priority, but selling Duff to spurs would be a mistake imo, what sort of message does it send?

We need as many players as possible, selling Duff would just further weaken us. We need to keep the likes of Duff, Charlie, Milner at the club as these are the players who can make things happen.

Fat Fred and friends need to put their hands in thier pocket and make funds available for players.

If getting rid of Duff could get us a quality left back that we couldn't afford if we kept him then its worth it.

Not really bothered what message it sends out, what message exactly is it though? We are willing to make a quick profit on a player to strenghten a weaker part of our squad? OH NO!!!

If Brum have to pay Arsenal a percentage of any fee, surely asking for a higher fee is less than sensible?

How's that like? :rolleyes:

If they sell him for £4m, Arsenal get £1m, they'll get £3m.

If they sell him for £6m, Arsenal get £1.5m, they'll get £4.5m.

:blink:

Duff has been a disappointment but I think he'll come good, him getting injured when he did was probably the best thing that could have happened as he was going through a rough patch and Roeder would never have dropped him.

Hopefully he'll come back in and improve now that we have Dyer fit and Martins has settled.

n'zogbia has been shite for most of the season with nobody to blame but himself. Duff may not have been any god either It's a load of bollocks to try to blame him for n'zogbia beeing just as bad.

Hmmm you on drugs mate?