Who do you want to win the league?

alwaysandforever

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man U can easily attract a top class manager IMO. They are one of 3 world class clubs in Britain with terms of world wide revenue.

Man U, Liverpoo & Celtic IMO. Chelsea and Arsenal are not in that bracket IMO.

Man U can easily attract a top class manager IMO. They are one of 3 world class clubs in Britain with terms of world wide revenue.

You think that with Abramovich's billions, Chelsea won't have their pick of top coaches? I think they will, but I don't think any of them will have the impact Mourinho has. Likewise with Man U. They can get in whoever they want, but even being half as successful as Ferguson is going to be a huge ask.

You think that with Abramovich's billions, Chelsea won't have their pick of top coaches? I think they will, but I don't think any of them will have the impact Mourinho has. Likewise with Man U. They can get in whoever they want, but even being half as successful as Ferguson is going to be a huge ask.

Oh for sure they will have the pick, what I was saying is that despite the take over from Glazer, Man U still have a MASSIVE attraction.

Ferguson and Mourhino like you say are one offs and I dont think Man Utd will ever replace Fergie at all. Mind you when we had the Cloughs, Revis, Shankleys etc were people having similar debates?

Arsenal are an awesome team and the management are great, its just Wenger that boils my piss with some of the things he says.

Couldn't agree more. Arsenal were a 'fashionable' club before Wenger but he's transformed them from a boring and ageing team into an exciting and largely young one on relatively limited resources.

I'm not sure Mourhino could have done that, Gemmill.

Guest stevieintoon

The thing that pisses me off about message boards, is people just presume and guess. Celtic's revenue is about £30m less than our own, the Premiership is only worth £19m more to us presently than their SPL deal. Celtic are no where near being a global force in terms of worldwide revenue. Have a look at the Deloitte & Touche report, they rub shoulders with Villa and Everton while us and Roma are on the coat tails of the true big boys like Inter and Bayern, all this in a period of stagnation in every way at St James' Park.

Arsenal could well be the richest club in the world in the next few years.

Arsenal are an awesome team and the management are great, its just Wenger that boils my piss with some of the things he says.

Couldn't agree more. Arsenal were a 'fashionable' club before Wenger but he's transformed them from a boring and ageing team into an exciting and largely young one on relatively limited resources.

Well he won the Champions League with Porto, and the league both times he's entered it so far in the Premiership, so I reckon he's got something about him. But I'm not really sure what your point was - I wasn't comparing Mourinho to Wenger - I think Wenger is a great manager too, but that doesn't help Chelsea find a replacement for Mourinho, or Man United find a replacement for Ferguson, which was my point.

Guest stevieintoon

Really? Is that why Chris Sutton turned them down to sign for Blackburn and Sheringham chose FSpurs over them?

They never used to sell out even as well, I remember they used to give us the whole Clock End, first few seasons in the Premiership.

Do you seriously think Bergkamp came to Arsenal for anything other money, he certainly didn't come to be coached by Rioch and Houston that's for certain.

Really? Is that why Chris Sutton turned them down to sign for Blackburn and Sheringham chose FSpurs over them?

They never used to sell out even as well, I remember they used to give us the whole Clock End, first few seasons in the Premiership.

Do you seriously think Bergkamp came to Arsenal for anything other money, he certainly didn't come to be coached by Rioch and Houston that's for certain.

I was thinking more in George Graham's reign not Rioch's short tenure. They did win 6 major trophies during 8 years. Although I accept (and agree) your point on their crowds.

As much as I hate to say it, I want Man Utd to win the season. For me they're probably the only team I see as British styled, plus I don't like scousers, Chelski just buy success and the Arse are all foreigners... muhuhahahaha!

Guest stevieintoon

I was thinking more in George Graham's reign not Rioch's short tenure. They did win 6 major trophies during 8 years. Although I accept (and agree) your point on their crowds.

Fair enough. Even during the Graham era they didn't have a great fanbase though, certainly not an international fanbase like they have today. They were boring bastards in those days, brilliant defensively, dirty twats, but so boring, and I would say disliked by the majority of football fans.

Arsene Wenger changed all that, I think and many might scoff but Arsenal have become one of the biggest clubs in the world based on their style of play. Real Madrid gained unprecedented popularity because of their style, same with Shankly's Liverpool even though it's on a far far smaller scale with the dippers. No one can say Arsenal aren't along with Barca, the most attractive side on earth when they get going. Millions all over the world recognise this.

We had the chance to capitalise in the 90's and have everything Arsenal have now but we fucked it up.

Still waiting for an explanation from the kid that said Celtic's world wide revenue was one of the biggest in the world. :rolleyes:

Edited by stevieintoon

We had the chance to capitalise in the 90's and have everything Arsenal have now but we fucked it up.

I think you suffered from the major flaw in Keegan's make-up, his ability to stick around. Another few years under Keegan might well have cemented you in the same bracket.

Purely a personal point of view that I know many on here disagree with but... I had a lot of respect for Sir John Hall and can't help feeling things would have panned out better if he'd stayed at the helm longer.

You're right, Keegan couldn't deliver the title (in his opinion) so he went. If he stayed another few years, I reckon we would have been a regular Champions League outfit and that would have allowed KK to have kept adding to the squad with the sort of quality buys he had already made. Plus, I'm pretty sure we'd have won a trophy of two.

Bearing in mind that to most football supporters, Fergie, Wenger & Mourinho (whilst being great managers) are all obnoxious twats :blink: When was the last time a nice guy won the title?

Daglish? Nar, he was an obnoxious twat too :blink:

Wilko.... Nar....

Do we have to go all the way back to Paisley and Sir Bobby :rolleyes:

Bearing in mind that to most football supporters, Fergie, Wenger & Mourinho (whilst being great managers) are all obnoxious twats :blink: When was the last time a nice guy won the title?

Wilko.... Nar....

Do we have to go all the way back to Paisley and Sir Bobby :blink:

Sir Bobby didn't win the title, did he? So aye, Paisley. :rolleyes:

Wilko.... Nar....

Do we have to go all the way back to Paisley and Sir Bobby :blink:

Sir Bobby didn't win the title, did he? So aye, Paisley. :rolleyes:

Aye, yer right :blink:

He only got Ipswich to 2nd place, for some reason I always think of him having won the league with them :(