Peter Ramage

alwaysandforever

For anyone who was at the match yesterday you would have saw him get rolled by Marlon Harewood who then went onto stick it in the net.

From then on I have to say that what I heard aimed at him from our 'fans' was an absolute disgrace. When he went off I was relieved to be honest as it put him out of his misery, but what hit me was how profoundly gutted he was - he was absolutely distraught.

I have heard rumours that he was crying as he was going down the tunnel, I really felt sorry for the lad.

Ramage gets a lot of stick and to be honest and I felt he was injured yesterday before the game even started, but people must remember it was only a few weeks ago that he was forming an partnership with Taylor that was starting to look good, people seem to forget that.

At least he gives a fcuk about this football club, unlike the useless foreigners or mercinaries we have brought in who were looking for a pay day and who could not give a toss about the place.

Peter Ramage was genuinely hurt by what had happended and that struck a cord with me, he cares and is passionate about NUFC.

Obviously he may not be good enough, and we need players who are, but back him for fcuk's sake. Hopefully he'll get his fitness back along with his confidence.

If he proves not to be good enough then I hope he goes on and still has a good career somewhere else, but until then give him your support cos he cares as well. Slagging him off will acheive absolutely nothing.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who was at the match yesterday you would have saw him get rolled by Marlon Harewood who then went onto stick it in the net.

From then on I have to say that what I heard aimed at him from our 'fans' was an absolute disgrace. When he went off I was relieved to be honest as it put him out of his misery, but what hit me was how profoundly gutted he was - he was absolutely distraught.

I have heard rumours that he was crying as he was going down the tunnel, I really felt sorry for the lad.

Ramage gets a lot of stick and to be honest and I felt he was injured yesterday before the game even started, but people must remember it was only a few weeks ago that he was forming an partnership with Taylor that was starting to look good, people seem to forget that.

At least he gives a fcuk about this football club, unlike the useless foreigners or mercinaries we have brought in who were looking for a pay day and who could not give a toss about the place.

Peter Ramage was genuinely hurt by what had happended and that struck a cord with me, he cares and is passionate about NUFC.

Obviously he may not be good enough, and we need players who are, but back him for fcuk's sake. Hopefully he'll get his fitness back along with his confidence.

If he proves not to be good enough then I hope he goes on and still has a good career somewhere else, but until then give him your support cos he cares as well. Slagging him off will acheive absolutely nothing.

But it did achieve something - it had him in floods of tears. Aw diddums. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll

But it did achieve something - it had him in floods of tears. Aw diddums. :rolleyes:

Then he picks up his footballers wages, remembers he still plays for the toon, drives his sports car home, and SickleeSausageRoll is still posting on a geeky message board :blink:

Then he picks up his footballers wages, remembers he still plays for the toon, drives his sports car home, and SickleeSausageRoll is still posting on a geeky message board :blink:

Which is why he gets no sympathy. :blink:

ramagesmallcustom6kz.jpg

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll

He may care, but that doesnt make him a good player. He was just starting to do basic things OK, not good, ok.

Yeh fair enough some of the abuse maybe bad but its mainly down to his shite defending that we have let in 7 goals in 2 games!

I'd keep him here till the end of his career as back up

If you mean backup for the groundsman then yeah, Im sure he can do a job for us. Anything else (and I include tea-person, receptionist and the bloke that drives the van full of kiddies round) and Im afraid I have to disagree.

It was too easy for West Ham all over the pitch in the first half tbh, not just for that turn against Ramage. Although he was shit mind.

Funny at one point in the first half when Carr picked the ball up at left back......turned and looked and thought about passing to Given, decided against it.......turned and looked across the back 4 and thought about passing to them, nope, didn't like that either........looked ahead of him to O'Brien and though about passing to him.........

.....5 seconds of standing stock-still and seemingly not knowing what to do was too much for the bloke sat behind me who suddenly erupted with "FUCKING MOVE YA FAT C**T!" :rolleyes:

The two big lads upfront just bullied our centre-halves (too easiloy). We looked better there when Ramage went off but I think West Ham also played with less ambition once they were 2-0 up which helped us at the back a bit. The way we started though, I thought another hammering was on the cards.

It was too easy for West Ham all over the pitch in the first half tbh, not just for that turn against Ramage. Although he was shit mind.

Funny at one point in the first half when Carr picked the ball up at left back......turned and looked and thought about passing to Given, decided against it.......turned and looked across the back 4 and thought about passing to them, nope, didn't like that either........looked ahead of him to O'Brien and though about passing to him.........

.....5 seconds of standing stock-still and seemingly not knowing what to do was too much for the bloke sat behind me who suddenly erupted with "FUCKING MOVE YA FAT C**T!" :rolleyes:

he was obviously weighing up which option would hurt his toe less

Ramage is a backup player, nothing more. Taylor's doing my box in as well though, he really looked good a couple of seasons ago but he seems to have tailed off in to being a muppet. On the topic of Harewood though I'd have him here, he scores well enough given the service and he looks like a Goomba.

Ramage is a backup player, nothing more. Taylor's doing my box in as well though, he really looked good a couple of seasons ago but he seems to have tailed off in to being a muppet. On the topic of Harewood though I'd have him here, he scores well enough given the service and he looks like a Goomba.

:rolleyes::blink::blink: