Peter Ramage

alwaysandforever

By the way, Toptoon, you're basically saying that we've got a collection of players that aren't good enough, along with some young lads who may or may not make it one day, plus the "awesome" Steven Taylor, and that we should just stick with them. And you're saying the only alternative to this is panic buying an expensive flop.

However I try to look at your argument it just looks like a load of bollocks to me.

Gemmill do you even have an argument/a point/thoughts/a brain ?

Easy to sit back and try (unsuccessfully i might add) to pick holes in someone else's argument without offering positive thoughts on a route forward yourself.

My point is simply this:

1. We are not going to be able to sign a John Terry or a Rio.

2. We 've paid big money for the likes of Boumsong, Shambles and have even brought in experienced Full backs in Car and baba and it hasn't worked out, (failed miserably in fact).

Should we 'A' panic and sign another big money defender i.e. Curtis for £9m who may well turn out to be another flop like Shambles or Boum or should we 'B' let pearson work with the very promising potential, crop of youngster defenders and mould them into quality players? Taylor is our future in defence build round him.

When i put it like this, surely even Gemmill can figure it out the right move.

I don't know how you dare accuse me of having no brain, with some of the thick as pigshit stuff you spout on here. "Let's stick with the current defenders that we have. They might just come good."

Have you heard of C. Sign an experienced centre-half? Or are you only allowing yourself the two options, you fucking numbskull.

OOOooo don't let me get to you Gemmy baby :lol::razz:

And who exactly would you have us sign? Give an example?

P.s. Not a bad sugestion though for you, who did you steal it off?

Honestly mate, you're an idiot and you prove it every time you post on here. A month back you posted your starting 11 if everyone at the club was fit, and it featured Duff at left back. A left winger at left back. A few weeks have passed and now you say that we need sign no defenders despite that fact that you think our best left back is a left winger.

Keep up the good work. In future, stick to your TEAM FOR A MATCH 3 WEEKS FROM NOW and PLAYER RATINGS threads. Clearly logical thought is not your strong point. <_<

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need to sign more young defenders imo

We need to sign someone 26+ who is experienced, commanding, has a voice, can organise, and has a fair degree of ability and quality.

Somebody like this can come in and help the young players, sorry if i'm stating the obvious but it seems f*cking straight forward enough to me.

Oh and 2 full backs and a striker

No, Taylor isn't a natural leader for me. He isn't organising the defence. His own anticipation and positioning isn't good enough yet, which makes him rushing into too many needless challenges. Making him the head of the defence would rather spoil his talent than nurture it. Even the likes of John Terry had someone like Desailly et al next to him.

As I said in another thread just looking at things here in Jormany there are a couple of players who I think could do a decent job and which could be available for decent prices compared to the over-inflated fees in England. Hofland from Wolfsburg, Simunic from Berlin, Friedrich from Mainz. A bigger risk (because of his injuries) would be someone like Metzelder whose contract is running out. At Bayern Ismael is probably only second/third choice.

Taylor is like a bull in a china shop imo

Anyway...

I'd sign Davies even if his price is on the expensive side, he's got something most of our defenders haven't and that's the ability to play the ball out of defence rather than play the long ball up field, he's a cool head like Woodgate but a lot more vocal at the back.

If him and Taylor gel then we've potentially got a 10 year partnership at the back.

Anyway...

I'd sign Davies even if his price is on the expensive side, he's got something most of our defenders haven't and that's the ability to play the ball out of defence rather than play the long ball up field, he's a cool head like Woodgate but a lot more vocal at the back.

If him and Taylor gel then we've potentially got a 10 year partnership at the back.

Carolbeer.jpg

"Computer says no."

By the way, Toptoon, you're basically saying that we've got a collection of players that aren't good enough, along with some young lads who may or may not make it one day, plus the "awesome" Steven Taylor, and that we should just stick with them. And you're saying the only alternative to this is panic buying an expensive flop.

However I try to look at your argument it just looks like a load of bollocks to me.

Easy to sit back and try (unsuccessfully i might add) to pick holes in someone else's argument without offering positive thoughts on a route forward yourself.

My point is simply this:

2. We 've paid big money for the likes of Boumsong, Shambles and have even brought in experienced Full backs in Car and baba and it hasn't worked out, (failed miserably in fact).

Should we 'A' panic and sign another big money defender i.e. Curtis for £9m who may well turn out to be another flop like Shambles or Boum or should we 'B' let pearson work with the very promising potential, crop of youngster defenders and mould them into quality players? Taylor is our future in defence build round him.

I don't know how you dare accuse me of having no brain, with some of the thick as pigshit stuff you spout on here. "Let's stick with the current defenders that we have. They might just come good."

Have you heard of C. Sign an experienced centre-half? Or are you only allowing yourself the two options, you fucking numbskull.

Not my job to give examples. It's up to the club to establish a scouting network that does this for them. Sticking with the current back line on the off-chance that Edgar and Huntington just might make it as Premiership players is crazy though. How many goals have we conceded in January alone? And you want to persevere with this defence.

Interesting as well that in your team for Villa you've selected Duff at left-back. Good way of demonstrating your faith in the defenders you say we should be sticking with.

Ok ..... so your not going to give any examples....??? ..... what a surprise.

I notice that you haven't even thought up a team V Villa for tomorrows game (what a shocker) just trying to pick holes again without offering your own arguments i see. Very easy to sit on your fat behind and critize everone else, much harder to come up with your own arguments of course.

Other than Baba, Duff is the only natural left footer we have who i know is capable of playing LB. I personally happen to think that we should really go for Villa from the off after our very poor starts lately and that is our best team in order to do that. None of Taylor, Ramage, Hunty or Edgar (despite his impressive performance v Man u) are left footers or even Fullbacks dipshit, so yes its Duff for me !

Anyway...

I'd settle for 10 games

My point is simply this:

Not my job to give examples. It's up to the club to establish a scouting network that does this for them. Sticking with the current back line on the off-chance that Edgar and Huntington just might make it as Premiership players is crazy though. How many goals have we conceded in January alone? And you want to persevere with this defence.

Interesting as well that in your team for Villa you've selected Duff at left-back. Good way of demonstrating your faith in the defenders you say we should be sticking with.

I notice that you haven't even thought up a team V Villa for tomorrows game (what a shocker) just trying to pick holes again without offering your own arguments i see. Very easy to sit on your fat behind and critize everone else, much harder to come up with your own arguments of course.

Other than Baba, Duff is the only natural left footer we have who i know is capable of playing LB. I personally happen to think that we should really go for Villa from the off after our very poor starts lately and that is our best team in order to do that. None of Taylor, Ramage, Hunty or Edgar (despite his impressive performance v Man u) are left footers or even Fullbacks dipshit, so yes its Duff for me !

You're not helping yourself are you?

My point is simply this:

I find the "Pick the team that you think will play the next game....oh go on, it'll be FUN" threads mind-numbing tbh.

So we have no one in the current list of defenders who can play at left back, but you say we should stick with our current defenders and make no signings. You are a fucking genius. <_<

My point is simply this:

Honestly mate, you're an idiot and you prove it every time you post on here. A month back you posted your starting 11 if everyone at the club was fit, and it featured Duff at left back. A left winger at left back. A few weeks have passed and now you say that we need sign no defenders despite that fact that you think our best left back is a left winger.

Keep up the good work. In future, stick to your TEAM FOR A MATCH 3 WEEKS FROM NOW and PLAYER RATINGS threads. Clearly logical thought is not your strong point. :rolleyes:

Been doing your homework and checking back on all my old posts to see if you can dig up any dirt i see. Didn't find any ??? Oh dear thats the best you could come up with?

You really are a complete Div aren't you??? How can anyone be expected to stick with the same team for three weeks bearing in mind the squad is different week in week out with little things you may have heard of such as INJURIES (players missing because of them and players returning from them) SUSPENSIONS (players missing because of them and players returning from them) not to mention FORM (a player who has played badly, you may want to replace with another)!!!

And u have the nerve to call me a Numbskull <_<:razz::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: .. when you think its strange people changing their teams around a bit, more often than every three weeks!!!! Your laughably thick!!!

My point is simply this:

OOOooo don't let me get to you Gemmy baby :razz:<_<

Keep up the good work. In future, stick to your TEAM FOR A MATCH 3 WEEKS FROM NOW and PLAYER RATINGS threads. Clearly logical thought is not your strong point. :blush:

Been doing your homework and checking back on all my old posts to see if you can dig up any dirt i see. Didn't find any ??? Oh dear thats the best you could come up with?

You really are a complete Div aren't you??? How can anyone be expected to stick with the same team for three weeks bearing in mind the squad is different week in week out with little things you may have heard of such as INJURIES (players missing because of them and players returning from them) SUSPENSIONS (players missing because of them and players returning from them) not to mention FORM (a player who has played badly, you may want to replace with another)!!!

And u have the nerve to call me a Numbskull :razz::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: .. when you think its strange people changing their teams around a bit, more often than every three weeks!!!! Your laughably thick!!!

:lol:

My point is simply this:

Keep up the good work. In future, stick to your TEAM FOR A MATCH 3 WEEKS FROM NOW and PLAYER RATINGS threads. Clearly logical thought is not your strong point. :)

And u have the nerve to call me a Numbskull :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::blush: .. when you think its strange people changing their teams around a bit, more often than every three weeks!!!! Your laughably thick!!!

:razz: I've had enough of discussing things with you now. I'm spelling out for you how fucking thick you are and you can't grasp it. It's like trying to lead a man with no limbs around an obstacle course.

Keep up the good work, mongboy. <_<

My point is simply this:

I find the "Pick the team that you think will play the next game....oh go on, it'll be FUN" threads mind-numbing tbh.

So we have no one in the current list of defenders who can play at left back, but you say we should stick with our current defenders and make no signings. You are a fucking genius. <_<

Its not pick the team you think will play, its pick the TEAM THAT YOU WOULD PLAY YOU MORON!!! i.e. to get a bit of an idea of what most peoples thoughts are, who they rate and to see different peoples ideas. You really are unbelievably dumb!!

For the record i think we should sign a quality LB but shoulden't spend shit loads on a CB. i also happen to think there are very few quality CB's availiable right now so we should work with the six we have till the end of the season/untill we can find a decent one.

Upson is the blindingly obvious choice to me(since I don't have any knowlege of German football).

He's an experienced quality centreback who would come here I'm sure and who's club will let him leave (albeit at an inflated fee).

For the record, I am not really saying that we should sign someone from Germany, but rather wanted to demonstrate that when looking at the inflated English fees and Newcastle's balance sheets it probably might be worth to look ("scout") abroad as well. I'm sure there are dozens of other, likely to be even better, solutions to be found.

My point is simply this:

Its not pick the team you think will play, its pick the TEAM THAT YOU WOULD PLAY YOU MORON!!! i.e. to get a bit of an idea of what most peoples thoughts are, who they rate and to see different peoples ideas. You really are unbelievably dumb!!

Mind-numbing is what it is, fucknuts. It's about on your level though so I suggest you stick to it.

My point is simply this:

Keep up the good work. In future, stick to your TEAM FOR A MATCH 3 WEEKS FROM NOW and PLAYER RATINGS threads. Clearly logical thought is not your strong point. :)

And u have the nerve to call me a Numbskull :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::blush: .. when you think its strange people changing their teams around a bit, more often than every three weeks!!!! Your laughably thick!!!

:razz: I've had enough of discussing things with you now. I'm spelling out for you how fucking thick you are and you can't grasp it. It's like trying to lead a man with no limbs around an obstacle course.

Keep up the good work, mongboy. <_<

Very disapointed with this comeback gemmy!! You basically know you fucked up and have lost the argument so u decided to throw back some playground type insults back instead, to try and save face, because you know you look like a right propper div.

Edited by TOPTOON

As I said in another thread just looking at things here in Jormany there are a couple of players who I think could do a decent job and which could be available for decent prices compared to the over-inflated fees in England. Hofland from Wolfsburg, Simunic from Berlin, Friedrich from Mainz. A bigger risk (because of his injuries) would be someone like Metzelder whose contract is running out. At Bayern Ismael is probably only second/third choice.

Interesting. Wasn't Hofland being touted as the new Jaap Stam at one point? What sort of money do you think he would go for?

Upson is the blindingly obvious choice to me(since I don't have any knowlege of German football).

He's an experienced quality centreback who would come here I'm sure and who's club will let him leave (albeit at an inflated fee).

For the record, I am not really saying that we should sign someone from Germany, but rather wanted to demonstrate that when looking at the inflated English fees and Newcastle's balance sheets it probably might be worth to look ("scout") abroad as well. I'm sure there are dozens of other, likely to be even better, solutions to be found.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was taking the piss or anything just putting forward an option that is more likely as the scouting network the club has probably less knowledge of the players you mention than I have :lol:

And for the record I agree with the inflated price thing, I just guess that is something we will most likely have to live with given the above!

Very disapointed with this comeback gemmy!! You basically know you fucked up and have lost the argument so u decided to throw some insultsback instead because you know you look like a right propper div.

This is my favourite, when the simpleton actually thinks he holds the upper hand. :lol:

assault_course.jpg

Should I just throw you over?

Interesting. Wasn't Hofland being touted as the new Jaap Stam at one point? What sort of money do you think he would go for?

He was injured and didn't get back into the first team at PSV. Stabilised at Wolfsburg at got back into the Dutch squad occasionally. One of the most reliable defenders in the Bundesliga in the last couple of seasons. I would value him at around 5m Euro, which would at least unsettle him and maybe force Wolfsburg in a sale.

And I didn't take it as a piss-take DK.

He was injured and didn't get back into the first team at PSV. Stabilised at Wolfsburg at got back into the Dutch squad occasionally. One of the most reliable defenders in the Bundesliga in the last couple of seasons. I would value him at around 5m Euro, which would at least unsettle him and maybe force Wolfsburg in a sale.

And I didn't take it as a piss-take DK.

Bargain when compared to Upson then.