Peter Ramage

alwaysandforever

Aye, Upson should have been here about 4 seasons ago tbh and we'd pay way over the odds now. I'd still probably rather have him than some young prospect though. As for someone like Hofland, nee chance. Isegrim knows more about German football than our entire scouting network I would guess.

Edit: That's not a slur on Isegrim btw :lol:

Edited by alex

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disapointed with this comeback gemmy!! You basically know you fucked up and have lost the argument so u decided to throw some insultsback instead because you know you look like a right propper div.

This is my favourite, when the simpleton actually thinks he holds the upper hand. :lol:

assault_course.jpg

Should I just throw you over?

oh right, you've lost the argument and made yourself look like a prat, so its a slanging match you want now?

No ta! I've wasted far too much time on you already.

Good luck to you Gemmill (you'll certainly need it).

:lol: Yep. You're dismissing me. You are the winner. Well done.

My last post on the matter - you are stupid. You should stick to player ratings and picking imaginary teams because anything beyond that exposes your stupidity. Just a bit of friendly advice.

Goodbye.

Calum Davenport, Lucas Neill, and now a bid for Upson. Maybe Curbishley would be an improvement on Roeder. :lol:

West Ham are desperate to stay up and are in a desperate situtaion. The Mekon must be bricking it having just bought the club. We are 10 points clear of danger atm so can understand not wanting to spend.

Aye, in serious shit. Shame really - I don't like Leeds or their fans, but that's some fall they've taken. Wonder if Papa Smurf will sack Wise or stick with him.

Wise and Poyet in charge. Like fucking Bert and Ernie tbh.

Taylor - Awesome player. Will get better and better with experience.

Edgar - Debut filling in at LB against Man u was awesome, we need to see more of this lad.

Hunty - Big lad at 6'3 with real potential.

Ramage - Not particularly good at LB, but different story at CB, did very well until had a few poor games against Everton and west ham.

Moore - Very experienced, reads the game well, but on his way out now and slow which is a huge minus in the Prem.

Shambles - by name shambles by nature, not the laughing stock of the Prem with out very good reason. A clown of a defender, who has proved this season in season out.

:lol: It's practically upside down!

Davenport's shit. I'd take the other two though Upson for £6million + is daft money.

I reckon that's just market rate for British players tbh. Agree on Davenport, but I like the way Curbishley has identified defence as a problem and is doing what it takes to put it right. I just don't buy that there aren't players out there that are available for loan or purchase to improve our defence. When we fucked up in the summer we should have been working for three months on chasing down targets with a view to getting them in in January. Curbishley's been in the job 5 minutes and he's making signings.

Davenport's shit. I'd take the other two though Upson for £6million + is daft money.

I reckon that's just market rate for British players tbh. Agree on Davenport, but I like the way Curbishley has identified defence as a problem and is doing what it takes to put it right. I just don't buy that there aren't players out there that are available for loan or purchase to improve our defence. When we fucked up in the summer we should have been working for three months on chasing down targets with a view to getting them in in January. Curbishley's been in the job 5 minutes and he's making signings.

But he has a chairman who wants to spend and knows the club will only get worse if they don't.....

Seriously Bob Moncur, shut the fuck up. Please :lol:

I've got a message for Peter Ramage and that message is simply: Get your head up, son.

It wasn't that long ago, against West Ham ironically in the corresponding fixture, that Rammy had one of the games of his life at Upton Park in a performance that former Hammers legend Bobby Moore would have been pleased with.

Now a few months later he has endured the other side of the coin in football.

A couple of below-par performances followed, cruelly, by an injury, just at a time when you would want to try to erase some bad memories.

Like the rest of the team, Ramage was under a little bit of pressure on the back of the Birmingham game, and he was tested again in the West Ham match.

Rammy has shown what he can do when he is called upon and I am still confident he has the ability to do so again.

I've been there myself as a player and seen players who have gone through the same kind of thing during my days in the dug-out.

It happens in football from time to time and the true test is how you respond to it.

I am certain that Rammy is the type of lad to show that, once his hamstring problem clears up.

Now - on to the offside goal, or so-called offside goal, of James Milner.

The current rule is confusing for players, managers and fans and it is time that the powers that be pipe up and give us some clarification on it.

I know that is what Glenn Roeder called for after West Ham and I have to echo that now.

But who cares from a Newcastle point of view?

It got United back into the game, and with all decisions - good and bad or indifferent in this case - they balance themselves out.

Newcastle did well to hit back from 2-0 down, but I left St James' Park with the feeling we should have taken all three points.

The way we went at West Ham suggested we could do that, and the way West Ham were playing suggested they would collapse.

But we took a point, rather than none.

Hopefully the enforced mini-break due to the FA Cup exit can help us get a few players back from injury.

Christ almighty. Ramage and Bobby Moore in the same sentence.

Edited by Sima

By the way, Toptoon, you're basically saying that we've got a collection of players that aren't good enough, along with some young lads who may or may not make it one day, plus the "awesome" Steven Taylor, and that we should just stick with them. And you're saying the only alternative to this is panic buying an expensive flop.

However I try to look at your argument it just looks like a load of bollocks to me.

Gemmill do you even have an argument/a point/thoughts/a brain ?

Easy to sit back and try (unsuccessfully i might add) to pick holes in someone else's argument without offering positive thoughts on a route forward yourself.

My point is simply this:

1. We are not going to be able to sign a John Terry or a Rio.

2. We 've paid big money for the likes of Boumsong, Shambles and have even brought in experienced Full backs in Car and baba and it hasn't worked out, (failed miserably in fact).

Should we 'A' panic and sign another big money defender i.e. Curtis for £9m who may well turn out to be another flop like Shambles or Boum or should we 'B' let pearson work with the very promising potential, crop of youngster defenders and mould them into quality players? Taylor is our future in defence build round him.

When i put it like this, surely even Gemmill can figure out the right move.

:lol: That sounds ludicrous to me TOPTOON and please stop using the tabloid nonsense like Shambles - it makes you look thick.

As for moulding quality? Well you can to some extent but having seen some exceptional talent at Newcastle from relatively young players in Waddle, Beardsley and Gascoigne as well as those who proved to be very good players like Andy Cole you are so well wide of the mark in your claims that Taylor is 'awesome'.

He is fortunate that we have fuck all else tbh. Kids tend to buy the hype. It is obvious that you have.

YOu told us that Ramage would be a very good player at centre half and that it wasnt fair to judge him on hi time at fullback. It was patently obvious he didnt have the physical quality to play there at Premiership level.

Taylors fuck ups at U21 level and Premiership level are not infrequent. He is, however, young. The kids simply dont have that obvious quality that the good players mentioned above did have. There isnt a centre half on our books who could kick a young Steve Howey's arse never mind Jonathan Woodgates.

The future is in the transfer market.

If you cant see the obvious flaws in the games of Taylor, Ramage or Huntington then you are misguided in the extreme.

We have had a team of talented kids playing for us before and those kids were light years ahead of the talent we currently have from the academy. (3 of them made the England squad when it was difficult to do so and another did later on) That lot almost got us relegated to the old Third Division.

We need experience and we need pace at the back. The kids provide us with neither of those attributes.

By the way, Toptoon, you're basically saying that we've got a collection of players that aren't good enough, along with some young lads who may or may not make it one day, plus the "awesome" Steven Taylor, and that we should just stick with them. And you're saying the only alternative to this is panic buying an expensive flop.

However I try to look at your argument it just looks like a load of bollocks to me.

Gemmill do you even have an argument/a point/thoughts/a brain ?

Easy to sit back and try (unsuccessfully i might add) to pick holes in someone else's argument without offering positive thoughts on a route forward yourself.

My point is simply this:

1. We are not going to be able to sign a John Terry or a Rio.

2. We 've paid big money for the likes of Boumsong, Shambles and have even brought in experienced Full backs in Car and baba and it hasn't worked out, (failed miserably in fact).

Should we 'A' panic and sign another big money defender i.e. Curtis for £9m who may well turn out to be another flop like Shambles or Boum or should we 'B' let pearson work with the very promising potential, crop of youngster defenders and mould them into quality players? Taylor is our future in defence build round him.

When i put it like this, surely even Gemmill can figure out the right move.

:lol: That sounds ludicrous to me TOPTOON and please stop using the tabloid nonsense like Shambles - it makes you look thick.

As for moulding quality? Well you can to some extent but having seen some exceptional talent at Newcastle from relatively young players in Waddle, Beardsley and Gascoigne as well as those who proved to be very good players like Andy Cole you are so well wide of the mark in your claims that Taylor is 'awesome'.

He is fortunate that we have fuck all else tbh. Kids tend to buy the hype. It is obvious that you have.

YOu told us that Ramage would be a very good player at centre half and that it wasnt fair to judge him on hi time at fullback. It was patently obvious he didnt have the physical quality to play there at Premiership level.

Taylors fuck ups at U21 level and Premiership level are not infrequent. He is, however, young. The kids simply dont have that obvious quality that the good players mentioned above did have. There isnt a centre half on our books who could kick a young Steve Howey's arse never mind Jonathan Woodgates.

The future is in the transfer market.

If you cant see the obvious flaws in the games of Taylor, Ramage or Huntington then you are misguided in the extreme.

We have had a team of talented kids playing for us before and those kids were light years ahead of the talent we currently have from the academy. (3 of them made the England squad when it was difficult to do so and another did later on) That lot almost got us relegated to the old Third Division.

We need experience and we need pace at the back. The kids provide us with neither of those attributes.

Good post.

As I live in Ipswich I only get to watch the games on TV apart from the odd few times a year but when the U21`s came to play at Portman Road I went along. I was suprised to how average the team looked including Taylor. A Ferdinand played well but not anything special. The only player that stood out was Walcott.

I agree with what everyone has been saying about needing an old head at the back. Not old as in anyone like Moore but a former world cup player like Sol. It could have saved a year off the youths learning curve.

I think Bramble is our best centreback, and even he's not good enough for this club.

I do like Taylor, but he scares the shit out of me when he's expected to take the lead at the back. Interesting that Chelsea haven't bid for him this January :lol:

I think Bramble is our best centreback, and even he's not good enough for this club.

I do like Taylor, but he scares the shit out of me when he's expected to take the lead at the back. Interesting that Chelsea haven't bid for him this January :lol:

Incidentally, that reminds me of when Oliver was at his arse-licking best during the Souness era and kept telling us that Chelsea wanted Souness before they got Mourinho!

I do like Taylor, but he scares the shit out of me when he's expected to take the lead at the back. Interesting that Chelsea haven't bid for him this January :razz:

Incidentally, that reminds me of when Oliver was at his arse-licking best during the Souness era and kept telling us that Chelsea wanted Souness before they got Mourinho!

Maybe that's their plan now :lol:

Good man :razz: Seriously though the stats prove that. Its such a waste that he hasn`t improved his game to the extent we need for a club our size.

I've always thought Bramble was the best centreback here in terms of ability, he has everything you would want except for the concentration issue and the fact his confidence is very fragile and its been incredibly annoying that he hasn't kicked on and become the sort of player he should be.

I also like Taylor, still plenty of work to do, but would be helped a great deal if we signed a class and experienced CB to play alongside him, or for that matter Bramble.

I've always thought Bramble was the best centreback here in terms of ability, he has everything you would want except for the concentration issue and the fact his confidence is very fragile and its been incredibly annoying that he hasn't kicked on and become the sort of player he should be.

I also like Taylor, still plenty of work to do, but would be helped a great deal if we signed a class and experienced CB to play alongside him, or for that matter Bramble.

At the risk of repeating myself, that is why Bramble is so annoying and why I've lost patience with him- he has all the physical tools but is not up to it mentally.

He's what I call a nine-to-five player. He comes in does his training and goes home again. He isn't interested on improving himself or staying back and doing extra work or finding out about help from someone like a sports psychologist. If he was, he would have done by now.

Even the best players have to work hard at certain aspects of their game to become truly top class. He's quite happy just to do the minimum required and pick up his money which is a shameful waste really.

That was actually true. That Zahavi bloke wanted to take him there.

That was actually true. That Zahavi bloke wanted to take him there.

Even if true, that doesn't actually mean Chelsea ever seriously considered him.

Taylor - Awesome player. Will get better and better with experience.

Edgar - Debut filling in at LB against Man u was awesome, we need to see more of this lad.

Hunty - Big lad at 6'3 with real potential.

Ramage - Not particularly good at LB, but different story at CB, did very well until had a few poor games against Everton and west ham.

Moore - Very experienced, reads the game well, but on his way out now and slow which is a huge minus in the Prem.

Shambles - by name shambles by nature, not the laughing stock of the Prem with out very good reason. A clown of a defender, who has proved this season in season out.

:lol: It's practically upside down!

Like your brain if your serious! :razz: