Signings

highpants

Why dont we stop bleating on about Transfer Rumours and realise that there wont be any significant signings this window, Roeder has been hinting for days now that he may have to resort to loan deals and that is exactly what will happen, i dont think its lack of funds, more like Roeder being terrified to commit.

Why dont we stop bleating on about Transfer Rumours and realise that there wont be any significant signings this window, Roeder has been hinting for days now that he may have to resort to loan deals and that is exactly what will happen, i dont think its lack of funds, more like Roeder being terrified to commit.

Have Faith. It will all come good.

I promise!

Guest Patrokles

There are very few players out there who are:

- being made available by their clubs.

- good enough to sign.

- interested in coming here.

This is, simply put, a major contributory factor as to why there haven't been any signings.

I suppose at this moment in time any signings would be good, we seem to need to strengthen right across the side the way things are. I wouldn't have put a keeper near the top of the list though, bit odd that one.

- good enough to sign.

This is, simply put, a major contributory factor as to why there haven't been any signings.

Plus we're fairly broke.

Guest Patrokles

- good enough to sign.

Plus we're fairly broke.

A good point.

- good enough to sign.

Ah, the voice of reason! Well said Patrokles!

Imo we are not massively desperate for players. we should work with what we have unless we can get an absolute top player in (i thought/think we should get a decent LB in though).

Imo we are not massively desperate for players.

We were desperate for additions to the back four in August, and since then we have lost half of the defenders we DID have to injury - we're playing with a teenaged centre half pairing in some games. How anyone can say we aren't in a position of NEEDING to make signings, I don't know. Whether we make them in January or in the summer, we are in desperate need of some signings to sort out our defence.

Why don't you just quote the person supposedly bleating on about it instead of trying to make out everyone else is doing this and you're the only one in the know? You're stating what most have realised for a while tbqfh

Imo we are not massively desperate for players. we should work with what we have unless we can get an absolute top player in (i thought/think we should get a decent LB in though).

I agree that IF everyone was fit we'd be ok (although still with weakness across the back 4, a lack of quality and attacking creativity in midfield and lacking a genuinely quality front man who can hold the ball upand be good in the air - assuming we are aiming for a Champions League place - winning the league we'd need a lot more), but presently we are a bit desperate.... although I agree it'd probably be better to get decent loan signings than sign any old rubbish just for bodies.

But you have to wonder if we'll sign any quality, whether for us directly or even on loan. :lol:

The atmosphere and direction of the club has gone to shit since Fatty sacked Sir Bobby, I just can't see us signing anyone decent or getting a good team feeling til there's a change at the top.

Bobby Robson blatantly the best manager we have had in the last 50 years tbh (possibly ever). Yes, even better than Keegan. I mean, look where we are now. Only footballer's inflated egos and lack of respect made his posistion untenable.

Bobby Robson blatantly the best manager we have had in the last 50 years tbh (possibly ever). Yes, even better than Keegan. I mean, look where we are now. Only footballer's inflated egos and lack of respect made his posistion untenable.

Take a bow son, take a bow.

Unless he pulls off a masterstroke on deadline day, which I doubt, Roeder has shown himself to be utterly incompetent when it comes to transfer dealings. Even if Shepherd told him there would be no money to spend in January, Roeder has had enough time to identify a couple of cheap loan signings that he could have brought in earlier. And the most annoying thing about his ineptness is the stuff he comes out with in the papers on a daily basis.