The media in football

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Every fan should hate them. It is because of the media I hate Liverpool. Considering this was a club that was based on good principals has a fanbase (or had) not totally unlike our own i.e. working class. Why do I hate them now. Radio 5 live would be the answer or the Liverpool supporters club to give it it's correct name. Boils my piss that station.

Every fan should hate them. It is because of the media I hate Liverpool. Considering this was a club that was based on good principals has a fanbase (or had) not totally unlike our own i.e. working class. Why do I hate them now. Radio 5 live would be the answer or the Liverpool supporters club to give it it's correct name. Boils my piss that station.

606 to be precise?

606 Does my nut in too, so does Adrian Durham on TalkSPORT the ginger wanker!

Green, Hansen, Spoony and Sima's favourite effeminate co-commentator Lawrenson. All blatantly pro-Liverpool. 606 is pile of shite anarl, but what phone-in (on any topic) isn't? They just attract loud-mouth morons.

Guest stevieintoon

Green, Hansen, Spoony and Sima's favourite effeminate co-commentator Lawrenson. All blatantly pro-Liverpool. 606 is pile of shite anarl, but what phone-in (on any topic) isn't? They just attract loud-mouth morons.

The sad thing is even whe Liverpool do something shite, Lawrenson and Hansen stick up for them beyond belief, on the hand Shearer refers to the toon as "them", and even when we've played well he's very conservative.

Adrian Durham is the only man in the media I would feel strongly enough to grill him on why he's such a prick face to face.

The radio five/bbc in general, bias is definitely towards Liverpool, talksport Tottenham, the papers Arsenal and Tottenham, and ITV Man "that night in Barcelona" United, these are indisputable facts.

Edited by stevieintoon

Durham is a twat, but he's to be pitied really. The bloke makes a living out of winding stupid people up by making idiotic assertions, safe in the knowledge that there will always be someone stupid enough in talksport's listenership to ring in and argue with him. The bloke has zero credibility and nobody with a brain takes him seriously.

Adrian Durham is the smug one with the London accent, aye? Have to agree with Gemmill and (especially) Stevie if he's the one I'm thinking of. What an absolute moron he is :lol:

Aye, he's a Peterborough fan. I just know when he does his afternoon show that when I leave work, I can pick the main football story of the day and Durham will be on the radio when I get in the car making a stupid comment about it - basically taking the minority viewpoint, or taking up his own especially stupid position on the matter and challenging people to ring in and tell him he's wrong. Always the same patter too. "Am I wrong? Am I? I don't think I am and I doubt there's anyone out there that can prove that I am. I'd be VERY surprised if anyone can actually prove I'm wrong."

Suddenly, all across the country, some very dim lightbulbs light up above the heads of some very dim people who think they have what it takes to prove Durham wrong. They ring up, start telling him where he's wrong and he talks over them and then cuts them off. It's the same every day. :lol:

Aye, he's a Peterborough fan. I just know when he does his afternoon show that when I leave work, I can pick the main football story of the day and Durham will be on the radio when I get in the car making a stupid comment about it - basically taking the minority viewpoint, or taking up his own especially stupid position on the matter and challenging people to ring in and tell him he's wrong. Always the same patter too. "Am I wrong? Am I? I don't think I am and I doubt there's anyone out there that can prove that I am. I'd be VERY surprised if anyone can actually prove I'm wrong."

Suddenly, all across the country, some very dim lightbulbs light up above the heads of some very dim people who think they have what it takes to prove Durham wrong. They ring up, start telling him where he's wrong and he talks over them and then cuts them off. It's the same every day. :lol:

Aye, that's him. Sometimes catch him on late afternoon. I've almost given up listening to Talksport though. FiveLive is ok, but I listen to Radio 2 and (on the odd occasion) Radio 4 mostly. Plus a bit of Classic FM :razz:<_<

Aye, that's him. Sometimes catch him on late afternoon. I've almost given up listening to Talksport though. FiveLive is ok, but I listen to Radio 2 and (on the odd occasion) Radio 4 mostly. Plus a bit of Classic FM :razz::rolleyes:

A man of culture eh?? :razz:

(Although Radio 3 > Classic FM IMO) <_<

Aye, that's him. Sometimes catch him on late afternoon. I've almost given up listening to Talksport though. FiveLive is ok, but I listen to Radio 2 and (on the odd occasion) Radio 4 mostly. Plus a bit of Classic FM :razz::rolleyes:

A man of culture eh?? :razz:

(Although Radio 3 > Classic FM IMO) <_<

You're probably right. I know next to nowt about classical music though to tell the truth, although I'd love to find out more. I quite like minimal stuff like Debussy, Satie, etc. I always forget about Radio 3 too.

A man of culture eh?? :rolleyes:

(Although Radio 3 > Classic FM IMO) :razz:

You're probably right. I know next to nowt about classical music though to tell the truth, although I'd love to find out more. I quite like minimal stuff like Debussy, Satie, etc. I always forget about Radio 3 too.

Oh nor do I :rolleyes: I'm like you in that I have a few composers that I usually like, but I can't name a given piece of music very often.

I just know that you tend to get less familiar stuff on Radio 3 which can be fantastic....(although equally it can be shite <_< )

Classic FM always seem to play the "greatest hits" of Classical music (fair enough I suppose) but often those pieces are what gets used on adverts so I end up getting bored more quickly.

A man of culture eh?? :rolleyes:

(Although Radio 3 > Classic FM IMO) :razz:

Oh nor do I :rolleyes: I'm like you in that I have a few composers that I usually like, but I can't name a given piece of music very often.

I just know that you tend to get less familiar stuff on Radio 3 which can be fantastic....(although equally it can be shite <_< )

Classic FM always seem to play the "greatest hits" of Classical music (fair enough I suppose) but often those pieces are what gets used on adverts so I end up getting bored more quickly.

Aye, it's a commercial station so I suppose that's inevitable. I'll try and check out 3 more though in future.

A man of culture eh?? <_<

You're probably right.

.....he replied, arching an eyebrow and smiling wryly as he looked up over his glass of Cognac.

:lol:

Nice edit :razz:

Wonder if Neill will be regretting his decision if the Hammers get relegated. Champions League or Championship? I'm sure he'll have a relegation clause like, but I doubt Liverpool would come in for him a second time. Maybe we could pick him up on the cheap next Jan.

can't understand the neil move at all. i'm sure he'd have been on a decent wedge at liverpool.

he's not even that good is he?

I'm sure they were saying on the radio that it was double the wage at West Ham - they were talking £35k vs £70k. I think he's a decent enough player tbh. Certainly better than what we've got.

Wonder if Neill will be regretting his decision if the Hammers get relegated. Champions League or Championship? I'm sure he'll have a relegation clause like, but I doubt Liverpool would come in for him a second time. Maybe we could pick him up on the cheap next Jan.

He'll be away in June if they go down like. I'd take Ashton off their hands too.