Player Ratings.

Optimistic Nut

Given 6 - Not a lot he could have done with either goal.

Carr 6 - Decent, but lucky not to see red.

Babayaro 7 - Getting better & better.

Taylor 7 - Solid, but could have done better for first goal.

Boumsong 5 - 92 and a half minutes, solid...but two schoolboy errors.

Dyer 5 - Obviously not match fit

(Ameobi 6 - Not bad)

Emre 6 - Did okay until he went off.

(Jenas 6 - Unspectacular as ever)

Luque 6 - Some nice touches, obviously not match fit.

Bowyer 6 - Worked hard, but offered little.

(Faye 5 - Offered very little defensively or going forward)

Parker 8 - Head and shoulders above everyone in midfield.

Shearer 6 - Best performance of the season.

Given 6 - Lucky not to conceed the penalty and to stay on the pitch

Carr 7 - Once again much better offensively than defencive.

Babayaro 7 - Best performance this season.

Taylor 8 - Yet another strong display

Boumsong 5 - Worst I've seen him in a black and white shirt.

Dyer 5 - Should never have been on the pitch

(Ameobi 4 - Utter crap, every decision he made was wrong)

Emre 6 - Looked very good until the injury.

(Jenas 6 - Better but still rubbish)

Luque 6.5 - Tried too hard at times, didn't seem relaxed.

Bowyer 6 - Poor performance by his standard.

(Faye 5 - Tried hard but is not good enough for the premierhip)

Parker 8 - A commanding performance, excellent.

Shearer 6 - No service, worked hard.

Given - 6 Didn't do much wrong

Baba- 7 played quite well

taylor-7 great tackling and solid throughout

boumsong - 4 shocker, his first bad game at nufc......terrible mistakes

carr- 5 could have easily been sent off and looked nervous at times

jenas-6 not doing much

faye -5 cant pass, cant dribble, cant shoot.....waste of space

Bowyer 5- useless, made mistakes as well.

parker- 8 bloody magnificient, he's a gem

ameobi - 5 clueless as usual

Shearer- 7 played well, won headers and set up other players a few times,

Luque- 6 not quite in the game,showed good skill in the end but couldn't finish it off

Souness 4- he's bloody stupid, risking both dyer and emre and look what happens, i cant bear the thought of a faye and bowyer in the midfield in the same time. His tactics were cack once again, hardly any agression. Even when we went 1-0 down i didn't see any messages coming in to raise the temp.......4 games no goals, typical souness....................jest feck off!!!!!!!

My only gripe with Souness today was that even at 1-0 late on, he still had Ameobi on the right. Surely it would have been better to have stuck him right up front with Shearer, Luque on the left & Jenas on the right?

I was very impressed with Babayaro by the way. He's getting a run of games under his belt now, and is performing pretty well.

Souness 4- he's bloody stupid, risking both dyer and emre and look what happens,

So you would have prefered to start with Ameobi and Jenas?!

20650[/snapback]

If they are now out for several weeks, yes.

Souness 4- he's bloody stupid, risking both dyer and emre and look what happens,

20650[/snapback]

20652[/snapback]

Easy to say that know, if we hadn'y of played them I think Souness was sacked, with them they showed we can match anyone but without we looked shite. Can't blame Souey for injuries.

20650[/snapback]

20652[/snapback]

Easy to say that know, if we hadn'y of played them I think Souness was sacked, with them they showed we can match anyone but without we looked shite. Can't blame Souey for injuries.

20654[/snapback]

Correct, you can't blame Souness for injuries, but you can blame him for picking players that are not fit !

20650[/snapback]

20652[/snapback]

20654[/snapback]

Correct, you can't blame Souness for injuries, but you can blame him for picking players that are not fit !

20657[/snapback]

But they both past fitness tests, both the players must have felt happy with their level of fitness or they would have dropped out surely?

Edited by Baggio

Given-7(made some crucial saves)

Carr-6(average)

boum-6(solid but lacked concentration at times)

tayler-8(Solid as usual)

Babayaro-7(Better than usual)

Bowyer-6(average)

Dyer-5(lacked concentration,but injured)

Emre-6(played well,but injured)

parker-9(solid as usual!)

luque-7(lacked sharpness due to lack of match fitness)

shearer-7(Knackered,but played well)

Jenas-5(No commitment)

Faye-2(poor as usual)

Ameobi-4(sloppy as usual)

overall 45 minutes we played well but the 2nd half we just fell apart!

Edited by nufc1984

20650[/snapback]

20652[/snapback]

20654[/snapback]

20657[/snapback]

But they both past fitness tests, both the players must have felt happy with their level of fitness or they would have dropped out surely?

20660[/snapback]

You have to question physio's and the quality of their fittness tests, Dyer felt his hamstring go in the first minute FFS, we all knew playing them was a risk and clearly a risk not worth taking, now lets see what the damage is.

Given - 6, good save from Ronaldo

Carr - 6 -had noone infront of him

Babayaro - 5 - Not good enough

Taylor - 8 - Some class tackles

Boum - 5.5 - Solid, but made two mistakes

Dyer - 2 - Technique was shite, probably due to lack of fitness, but there was no need to keep trying to collect the ball form carr, and then go int he centre, and then play left wing.

Luque - 6 -Some nice touches, culture shock.

Emre - 6 - Shame he went off early

Bowyer -5 - Two shite passes nearly lead to goals

Parker - 8.5 - Class

Shearer - 6 - Best performance from him this year.

Shola - 6.5 Did areet I thought

Faye - 2 - Did nout except give the ball away and just be shite basically

JJ - 6 - Sometimes showed us what he can do, but most of the time looked like he wanted to be at spurs

Parker truly is a quality player. Not the biggest name in the world (and missed that golden chance last week), but could prove to be the unsung hero if we get a lot more fortune later this season. Like Makelele is for Chelsea.

Someone who works hard and gives 110% is what you need, and what Souness would want in particular. Should definitely be in the England squad, even if it is ahead of Jenas (not that I'd be complaining if he's dropped).

Given - 6 - Done what he could

Carr - 6 - Put some half cecent crosses in

Babayaro - 6 - same as above

Taylor - 7 - Something good has come out of Souness' reign then

Boumsong -5 - Shit

Bowyer - 7 - Livley

Parker - 8 - Class

Emre - 7 - He wouldn't have changed the score had he stayed on but would have made it a bit more enjoyable to watch.

Luque - 6 - Anonomous, but very nervous, hopefully will improve with games.

Dyer - 5 - The man Souness wants to build his team around???

Shearer - 6 - Poor fucker, a ledgend been run into the groung.

Faye - 3 - Waste of space

Ameobi - 5 - 20 goal a season man??? Man to replace Shearer??? What the!!

Jenas - 4 - Would you like a lift to London?

Souness - 3 - Has no confidence in players, they have no confidence in him, a midfield that don't want to cross the halfway line. Don't no where the next goals coming from let alone the next win.

But Dyer's been out lately with a back problem, his hamstrings have been fine!

20664[/snapback]

So that' was why he was sent to the Bayern team doc who is an expert in hamstring injuries?

I said before the game that playing both would be a big risk. Maybe throwing in one of them could be excused, but both was stupid with wasting two subs in the first half as well.

The amount of hamstring injuries at Newcastle isn't giving our physios fitness coaches a good reference anyway...

Given 7 - There's only so much he can do.

Carr 6 - There's only so much he can do as far as his ability goes...!

Babayaro 5 - Tried and all thou was decent in spells failed to make any impact.

Taylor 9 - Was absolutely immense yet again, but like Given there's only so much he can do.

Boumsong 4 - Very poor in my opinion. When he did get the ball his passing was awful and don't get me started with his defending. When a ball comes into the box a defenders job is to get it away immediately, not fuck about like he did.

Bowyer 5 - Failed to make an impact and could have added another goal for Manure with a mindless back pass.

Parker 9 - One of few great players in our starting 11. It's a team game thou so again there's only so much the lad can do.

Emre 7 - Looked very lively starting the game battling away in midfield, but unfortunately like Dyer he was rushed in too quickly and was forced out of the game due to injury.

Dyer 3 - Should not have started or been anywhere near a football pitch. Clearly unfit and clearly still had problems with his ever lasting hamstring injury.

Luque 6 - Made an impressive start but faded like most of our team in the 2nd half. Will need time to adapt, especially playing for us...!

Shearer 6 - did have a couple of chances but failed to hit the target. As far as his work rate goes again there's only so much he could do due to the lack of service he was getting.

Ameobi 6 - I thought he got stuck in when he came on and worked hard on and off the ball, but like Shearer failed to make an impact on goal

Faye 4 - Why was he bought? Even with the limited ability to defend he was useless.

Jenas 6 - Tried to get stuck in but failed to make any impact. Probably the last we'll see of him.

Edited by Geordie Boyo