What are you reading?

khay

The dude hit by the ricochet was standing below the underpass at the opposite end of the plaza from the book suppository, if the bullet was fired from the knoll the gunman would have had his gun aimed at least 50 feet off target in front of Kennedy, it makes more sense that the shot came from the 6th floor, LHO fired 3 shots, 2 hits and 1 miss.

2nd shooter got excited and spazzed out momentarily, loosing off a random shot before he got his shit together and aced John-Boys head.

Obviously.

for what its worth, this book didn't change my mind on the subject, my swing from conspiracy to lone gunman theory was a gradual process which was mainly influenced by visiting Dealey Plaza, the book isn't that good in all honestly, its worth a read if you have any interest in the subject, but whilst it comes to the correct conclusion, it dismisses a number of contradictory arguments which I don't think can be so easily brushed away, it smacks of confirmation-bias.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alexei Sayle's Thatcher Stole My Trousers. 

Funny as fuck and quite enlightening to how he and the other guys and girls of the comic strip/young ones changed English comedy.

There is a chapter in the book where he talks about how the old school comedians of Britain who used racist and sexist jokes and tried to get the public to like them, to laugh with them, to give the perception they were nice people yet they were absolute cunts and the 80s new generation were all generally nice people but they acted on stage like absolute twats, wanting the audience to hate them and laugh because they were funny not likeable sexists and racists. 

I saw him live in September at the Opera House as part of a writer's festival and even though it was a hosted question session he still turned it into a comedy act.

I have a great idea for a TV series he should host unfortunately it's more beeb then ITV, so impossible to fund.

I saw him live in September at the Opera House as part of a writer's festival and even though it was a hosted question session he still turned it into a comedy act.

I have a great idea for a TV series he should host unfortunately it's more beeb then ITV, so impossible to fund.

What is it?

• 2 months later...

Just had The Simple Path to Wealth delivered on recommendation of @@Gemmill

Early signs are it's well worth reading. I'm gonna devote the next couple of days to it and see if I can get into the right mindset going in to 2017. Feels like the sort of book I've been looking for without really knowing it.

Early signs are it's well worth reading. I'm gonna devote the next couple of days to it and see if I can get into the right mindset going in to 2017. Feels like the sort of book I've been looking for without really knowing it.

Canny. I've a book about magic beans, it'll change your life. Yours for £500. :good:

Good man, glad you're enjoying it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading a couple of books on the Rwandan genocide, one having interviewed the victims and the other interviewing some of the culprits that are now in prison.

Hard to read at times as you would expect. What shocks me more is how recent it all was and the lack of international effort to help the Tutsis.