Roy Keane is a bell-end

TheMoog

From FansFC

Mackem Claims Shearer Took Easier Option

By Nu Mad Tuesday 23rd January 2007

You don't need me to tell you there is hatred between Roy Keane and Alan Shearer. The GOALden Boy got Keane sent off at St James' by calling him a "prick" and the Man Utd player reached boiling point ...

.... and said in his book "I wish I'd connected with Shearer when I swung for him".

Celtic were invited to join the party for Shearer's testimonial but Keane didn't show, saying he was injured. And now the ex-Irish midfielder has blasted the BBC panel for talking too much about Newcastle, and not giving Birmingham praise, and also for ex-players taking the easy option to TALK about the problems of others rather than take the step and go into management.

Keane: "I should work in TV and give up the day job. It would be a lot easier! And haven't they taken the easy option?

"All you heard after the Birmingham game was how bad Newcastle were. Not once did anybody say that Birmingham played quite well. Not once.

"And those were the so-called experts on the box.

"It just goes to show how ignorant and arrogant people can be with regard to teams in the Champion ship. Maybe Birmingham made Newcastle look bad.

"Steve Bruce's side did brilliantly and could have won by more.

"They showed that some teams in the Championship aren't too far behind the Premiership clubs and, if they do go up, they have a good chance of staying up."

Jealous of Shearer having more world reknown than him tbh, deperate grab at the limelight :lol:

Theres nothing endearing about Roy Keane whatsoever though is there.

The revenge tackle on Alf Inge whatdoyoumecallit and the way he talked about it in his book warranted a bit more of a rebuke than he got.

I can't stick Keane, never have done. He's always been an out and out thug and a cock end of fantastic proportions, his ego way outdoes his actual skill both as a player and a manager... it's amazing he got on with Ferguson for so long without a bust up! In a way I wish he had connected when he swung for Big Al, not only would he have received a lengthy ban it would have shown how unprofessional he was (plus he probably wouldn't have got out of St James' alive) :lol:

The revenge tackle on Alf Inge whatdoyoumecallit and the way he talked about it in his book warranted a bit more of a rebuke than he got.

I can't stick Keane, never have done. He's always been an out and out thug and a cock end of fantastic proportions, his ego way outdoes his actual skill both as a player and a manager... it's amazing he got on with Ferguson for so long without a bust up! In a way I wish he had connected when he swung for Big Al, not only would he have received a lengthy ban it would have shown how unprofessional he was (plus he probably wouldn't have got out of St James' alive) :razz:

TBH Shearer wouldve took that swing laughing :lol:

I thought he would have enough intelligence to leave it as if is and also not say stupid things like "I wish I'd connected with Shearer when I swung for him", the moron. Shearer has stated on the tv, that off the pitch he has nothing but respect for Keane, so they should just leave it at that imo as I doubt Shearer really wants to beat him up (which he'd probably do quite easily).

I can't stick Keane, never have done. He's always been an out and out thug and a cock end of fantastic proportions, his ego way outdoes his actual skill both as a player and a manager... it's amazing he got on with Ferguson for so long without a bust up! In a way I wish he had connected when he swung for Big Al, not only would he have received a lengthy ban it would have shown how unprofessional he was (plus he probably wouldn't have got out of St James' alive) :lol:

Best midfielder to have played over here since Bryan Robson so I can't see how you can doubt his playing skills.

Yeah, I don't see how you can even criticise Keane's ability as a footballer and it's far too soon to be writing him off as a manager as he's starting to get it together.

Thing that's impressed me is obviously he inherited a bunch of shite but now they are picking up results without what actually appears to be playing teams off the park which to them is obviously a good sign, if they go up of course it's going to be a whole different kettle of fish but to question or to write him off as a manager right now is absurd.

Somehow i get the feeling the Sunderland job would never have entertained Keane,but seeing as it's the rival team of Shearer,and not forgetting at the time of keane's appointment that Shearer himself was being touted for the Newcastle job,that Keane thought/thinks that this is his way of getting Shearer back,by guiding the mackems back into the premiership etc.

Nah, Sunderland are a club with massive potential just waiting for the right man to drag them by the scruff of the neck and take them where they should be.

Keane has ambition and I think this job was tailor-made for him to start off. Of course the Shearer thing is a possible added bonus but I don't think it was that much of a motivation.

Edited by Sima

Somehow i get the feeling the Sunderland job would never have entertained Keane,but seeing as it's the rival team of Shearer,and not forgetting at the time of keane's appointment that Shearer himself was being touted for the Newcastle job,that Keane thought/thinks that this is his way of getting Shearer back,by guiding the mackems back into the premiership etc.

Tbh that's bollocks.

Tbh that's bollocks.

Something your avatar has not got.

Jealous of Shearer having more world reknown than him tbh, deperate grab at the limelight :lol:

Considering Keane's career and what he achieved and is still achieving in the game I can't exactly see him being jealous of someone like Shearer.

And I'd guess Keane would have much more world recognition than Shearer due to Man Utd's global popularity.

I think you'd guess wrong.

Sheraer is a much bigger name in football than Keane even with his manure connections.

Well it's impossible to say but I just don't think Shearer has much recognition outside of England. Even apart from United as a global name people are going to know Keane from all the massive games he's played in, more F.A. cup finals than Shearer, way more huge Champions League games etc.

Edited by Lot 49

There are things to admire about Roy keane and things not.

The theme throughout most of this thread is mainly that of bias towards Newcastle / Shearer and against Keane/Manure/Mackems.

Understandable.

Take your bias aside, naivety, rose tinted specs off, and talk sense. Why would Keane be jealous of Shearer ? Shearer may have been a world wide star, but so was Keane. In many ways they were similar. Shearer was the greatest centre forward of his generation, and Keane was the same in his position.

Fact is, Keane may have chinned Shearer that day, Shearer may have chinned Keane. We will never know.

One thing about Roy Keane, is that he had such desire that he would have been idolised at Newcastle just as much as he was idolised at manure. Nobody cares what the opposition think of a player if he is your player and he makes the team tick, like he did.

If anyone is jealous, its the people on here who are having a go at Roy Keane, simply because - the only thing wrong with Roy Keane is he didnt' play for Newcastle, exactly the same thing as the only thing wrong with Alan Shearer in a manu fans eyes is that he didn't sign for manu.

And the scary thing about Roy Keane now, is that he is looking like he may be putting the mackems on the right road, the only consolation being that if he does, he will end up at Old Trafford instead.

I can't stick Keane, never have done. He's always been an out and out thug and a cock end of fantastic proportions, his ego way outdoes his actual skill both as a player and a manager... it's amazing he got on with Ferguson for so long without a bust up! In a way I wish he had connected when he swung for Big Al, not only would he have received a lengthy ban it would have shown how unprofessional he was (plus he probably wouldn't have got out of St James' alive) :razz:

Best midfielder to have played over here since Bryan Robson so I can't see how you can doubt his playing skills.

I never said I doubted his ability, I said his ego outdid his ability. And on the topic of being the best midfielder to play over here since Bryan Robson or the best midfielder of his generation I would say 'one of the best' maybe, I couldn't nail him as THE best, that'd be a very hard call in such a long time frame. The other thing about his world rep, I'd say Shearer's without doubt was/is better than Keane's, Keane was part of a well oiled machine consisting of several star players - Shearer on the other hand stood out on his own and I'd lay money on foreign people throughout the world picking Shearer's name before Keane any day of the week.

And yes... I might have rose-tinted glasses on :lol:<_<

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Keane the person is without questiona complete dick and always will be, his revenge assault on Haaland sums him up nicely.

But unfortunately he was also a world class player who we'd all have loved in our team, though playing for say us rather than manu he wouldn't have got away with half of what he did, and would have to have calmed down a bit!

I don't think he'd be jealous of Shearer or vice versa, they wouldn't give a shit about each other and deep down will respect each others ability. I'd back Shearer to have knocked him out though if it ever came to it. Keane liked to play the hardman (and to an extent was), Shearer's the proper sort of hardman who doesn't need to emphasise it but should it ever be needed he'd sort anyone out.