Who gives the impression of being the

bobbyshinton

if you think slow accents sound thick, why do you think the Geordie accent sounds thick?

same criteria or different reason?

it's just that, I always thought the Geordie accent was pretty fast.

It's medium I'd say, but in all honesty don't you think there's a welsh ring to Geordie sometimes?

I know what you're saying, there's a certain "sing-song" quality to the Geordie accent. Ours is one of the few that goes up then drops, just before the end of a sentence.

Got to say the accents that grates most are the Charver/Ned/pikey/chav accents. Awful English, that nasal sneer and of course the ubiquitous swear word...

I hate that some of the lads I went to school with speak like this. It makes going for a pint with them nigh on unbearable. Well, that and their need to drone on about where they went out on friday night, who they had a fight with, who's lass is sleeping around and what drugs they took. <_<:D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Renton where are you from?

Tynemouth, lived in the North-East nearly all my life, but I can honestly say I don't hate the people from any region of the UK, which I think is pretty sad tbh. Football clubs is another matter though.

Tynemouth, lived in the North-East nearly all my life, but I can honestly say I don't hate the people from any region of the UK, which I think is pretty sad tbh. Football clubs is another matter though.

this is not who do you hate but who sounds thick :D

hate is such a strong word

like support

or muscle

A soft scouse accent on a lass in lush tbh.

That's the thing like, a soft accent of almost any variety is endearing, especially on a lass. A harsh accent is nearly always horrible though unless it's your own. Again, this is more significant in lasses.

Something about the scouse accent for me though in particular. Can't say that round wor lass like else theres hell on tbf.

UK unsexy accents for me =

1. Brummy

2. Scotch

3. Yorkshire

Guest stevieintoon

Did you go to King's?

Good point re: the harsh / soft accent thing. The Norn Iron one is a case in point where it has a really nice sound to it if it's of the softer variety as opposed to the Ian Paisley kind. Noticed that before I came over here from people I'd met in the past too. Agree with Manky on the Yorkshire thing too.

Norfolk, Lowestoft and upwards sound like farmers. Very thick sounding. Luckily although I live a few miles from those areas I escaped the accent.

:D

Gemmill was convinced I was from Melbourne.

anyway, I'm from Suffolk.

Did you go to King's?

Did I fuck.

That's the thing like, a soft accent of almost any variety is endearing, especially on a lass. A harsh accent is nearly always horrible though unless it's your own. Again, this is more significant in lasses.

Something about the scouse accent for me though in particular. Can't say that round wor lass like else theres hell on tbf.

1. Brummy

2. Scotch

3. Yorkshire

Erm...is that actually an accent? Or perhaps just vernacular for a blended whisky?

Good point re: the harsh / soft accent thing. The Norn Iron one is a case in point where it has a really nice sound to it if it's of the softer variety as opposed to the Ian Paisley kind. Noticed that before I came over here from people I'd met in the past too. Agree with Manky on the Yorkshire thing too.

A soft Irish (norn or Eire) or Scottish accent on a lass does it for me like. I actually don't like the scouse accent on a lass at all. I reckon Mancy is subconciously showing a perversion there personally.

Having been

Born in Newcastle

Brought up in Devon

Glaswegian mother

I personally really like regional dialects and think its a shame that most 'young uns seem to have this none distinct "Eastenders Chav street" dialect which is just so boring to listen too.

Not to mention sounding like thick like.

Oh and by the way I think a Mancunian accent always sounds a bit on the gay side.

Edited by BigAl

1. Brummy

2. Scotch

3. Yorkshire

Erm...is that actually an accent? Or perhaps just vernacular for a blended whisky?

Scottish then. It tends to be either comical or just plain aggressive. Neither of which turn me on particularly.

Guest stevieintoon

Did you go to King's?

Did I fuck.

Honestly??? RGS then?

1. Brummy

2. Scotch

3. Yorkshire

Scottish then. It tends to be either comical or just plain aggressive. Neither of which turn me on particularly.

No on a bonnie wee lass though but.

Did you go to King's?

Did I fuck.

Honestly??? RGS then?

I can see what you're insinuating and you can piss off quite frankly.

A soft Irish (norn or Eire) or Scottish accent on a lass does it for me like. I actually don't like the scouse accent on a lass at all. I reckon Mancy is subconciously showing a perversion there personally.

I'm not talking Cilla Black or Sonia here, Fu Man Chebs!

1. Brummy

2. Scotch

3. Yorkshire

No on a bonnie wee lass though but.

Uuuuruurgghhh. Haggis breath tbf.

Did you go to King's?

Did I fuck.

Honestly??? RGS then?

Dunno what point you're trying to prove Stevie. I think he went to St. Thomas More though. It is canny sad hating people purely on the basis of where they live. I would also extend it to who they support (if it's genuine hatred). Obviously some clubs seem to attract more than their fair share of knobs.

Guest stevieintoon

Did you go to King's?

Did I fuck.

Honestly??? RGS then?

I can see what you're insinuating and you can piss off quite frankly.

:D<_<:icon_lol:

Sonia :D

Guest stevieintoon

Did you go to King's?

Did I fuck.

Honestly??? RGS then?

Dunno what point you're trying to prove Stevie. I think he went to St. Thomas More though. It is canny sad hating people purely on the basis of where they live. I would also extend it to who they support (if it's genuine hatred). Obviously some clubs seem to attract more than their fair share of knobs.

I don't hate anyone and that's honest. I don't dislike many people individually but collectively I have my reasons for disliking certain groups.

St Thomas More canny side they were, I got a hattrick on their pitch beside the Coast Road in a famous 3-2 County Cup win there.

Sonia :D

Sonia actually has a soft scouse accent though, relatively speaking. I reckon Mancy has a thing for those Gerbil cheeks.

:D The most annoying accent and the one which makes someone sound truly thick is the one which Catherine Tate uses for that "Am I bovvered?" sketch...you know...where white middle class urban kids taawk laahk thaaht - laahk deh iz from sum well'ard street laahf backgroun yenaaah man. Dat iz deh most fickest accent in duh 'hole cun're, yenaaaaw. G'woaahn now, tek daeh sheaaaame.

Hate it. <_<