Best Bar/Club in town?

Mark

Seen a topic on the SMB discussing ones in Sunderland, but I've modified it.

I reckon most of the bars are pretty shite tbh. Sports Bar/Players is good though, Revolution is good too as is Long Bar but it's always packed.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stereo has gone downhill, used to be great though. Popollos is canny if it's not over busy. It's usually full of utter tossers like.

For me, The Forth (though it's getting too busy as well), Head of Steam (getting worse though), North, or Tilleys (probably my favourite bar at the moment).

Bodega or Bachuss for a nice quiet pint and a bit of crack or the Hotspur or the Newcastle Arms if I'm in that area of town. Or the Trent obviously.

As for clubs probably Digital on a Thursday night or World Headquarters, haven't been clubbing in yonkers though and when me mates want to go they usually want to go the fucking Badgers.

Btw: The Trent on a matchday, also like The North Terrace post-match. Other than that, The Head of Steam, The Forth and Tilleys are canny. Also like the Newcastle Arms and Crown Posada. Not really in town but the bars down the Ouseburn are good (Cumberland Arms, The Tyne and The Cluny). You get knobs everywhere though, don't you?

Edit: Jinx :lol:

Edited by alex

Btw: The Trent on a matchday, also like The North Terrace post-match. Other than that, The Head of Steam, The Forth and Tilleys are canny. Also like the Newcastle Arms and Crown Posada. Not really in town but the bars down the Ouseburn are good (Cumberland Arms, The Tyne and The Cluny). You get knobs everywhere though, don't you?

The Trent on match day is one of the biggest bags of shite I have encountered. ;)

The Trent on match day is one of the biggest bags of shite I have encountered. ;)

Woteva minga

Good call on the Crown Posada although it is impossible to get in, or impossible to get out if you get through to the back and then some fat bloke comes and stands by the bar. Also good shout on the Ouseburn bars, get some really random bands on in the Tyne, some very canny some just a bit odd.

I'll throw the Bridge Hotel in especially on a summer afternoon, and the Telegraph for the same reason.

Good call on the Crown Posada although it is impossible to get in, or impossible to get out if you get through to the back and then some fat bloke comes and stands by the bar. Also good shout on the Ouseburn bars, get some really random bands on in the Tyne, some very canny some just a bit odd.

I'll throw the Bridge Hotel in especially on a summer afternoon, and the Telegraph for the same reason.

We've forgotten the Vineyard!

We've forgotten the Vineyard!

Bliddy hell.

Mind there's a reason for forgetting.

I have to admit I like those up their own arse type bars so my favourites are Popolo, Appartment, Pitcher & Piano, Stereo & Offshore.

It's been fucking ages since I've been out (other than before the match) mind so fuck knows what any of these are like now.

I used to really like Gotham on a Saturday afternoon too.

Guest stevieintoon

Haven't been in Offshore in fucking years! Since I left Uni actually.

I haven't for a good few years, got sick of the Quayside. Last time I was in there I got a round in for 7 people and it came to £52.

246b8c99eb274f9395c2bf690b689ac8.jpg

I wouldn't say Offshore was up its own arse tbh. I would say it's shit though. And the bogs man! Fucking hell :lol:

No you're right, it was an afterthought actually. For some reason I just always remember having a good time there though. Probably that was where I was when the e's started kicking in!

I have real difficulties seeing past the Black Horse in Monkseaton.

However, is it the Tyne Bar that has gigs on outide. Along from the Ouseburn i think?

Whichever one it is, they have gigs out the back, its situated under a bridge and its good.

I have real difficulties seeing past the Black Horse in Monkseaton.

However, is it the Tyne Bar that has gigs on outide. Along from the Ouseburn i think?

Whichever one it is, they have gigs out the back, its situated under a bridge and its good.

That's The Tyne, aye. With the beer garden under the bridge.