Best Bar/Club in town?

Mark

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yel or the Pig and Whistle. Or Bambra's Reflex.

Good once all the cretins leave to go further up the Bigg Market. I've been in a few times due to the missus unhealthy obsession with 80's music and before 11pm it's like a night at the New Monkey.

The Sports Bar seem's ok-ish. I rate the Union Rooms too for the simple fact it's got cheap lager and the upstairs isn't too bad.

Good once all the cretins leave to go further up the Bigg Market. I've been in a few times due to the missus unhealthy obsession with 80's music and before 11pm it's like a night at the New Monkey.

The Sports Bar seem's ok-ish. I rate the Union Rooms too for the simple fact it's got cheap lager and the upstairs isn't too bad.

I was joking tbh. You couldn't pay me enough. :lol:

If your lass likes 80s music that much, stick some on her ipod and take her to a decent bar. ;)

I rate the Union Rooms as shite.

If your lass likes 80s music that much, stick some on her ipod and take her to a decent bar. :pmsl:

Thank fuck for that ;)

I don't like the downstairs, typical 'Spoons. Cramped, full of posers and no music. The upstairs is a bit better because it's not as cramped and only half full of posers.

Edited by Skol

I rate the Union Rooms too for the simple fact it's got cheap lager and the upstairs isn't too bad.

As far as Weatherspoons go, I don't mind the Union Rooms at all. I wouldn't put it amongst the best bars, but you can get decent beer cheap and at least there's no shite music.

Btw: The Trent on a matchday, also like The North Terrace post-match. Other than that, The Head of Steam, The Forth and Tilleys are canny. Also like the Newcastle Arms and Crown Posada. Not really in town but the bars down the Ouseburn are good (Cumberland Arms, The Tyne and The Cluny). You get knobs everywhere though, don't you?

Edit: Jinx :lol:

Fucking hell, I'm amazed I haven't seen you around before I met you Alex, they're all pretty much "my" pubs. Was there a reason you missed the Free Trade though - best views on Tyneside!

Bestest pub ever in the history pubs in the entire Universe was the Barley Mow, before it became the Fog and Firkoff, and is now Stereo (?). Part of Newcastle died the day that pub shut, quite literally in George Vicker's case. It was part of the holy Trinity which included the Trent and the Eygpt cottage. The Trent alone is pretty much the same but the Egypt cottage has changed for the worse when I've been there. The Barley Mow was always best though.

Btw: The Trent on a matchday, also like The North Terrace post-match. Other than that, The Head of Steam, The Forth and Tilleys are canny. Also like the Newcastle Arms and Crown Posada. Not really in town but the bars down the Ouseburn are good (Cumberland Arms, The Tyne and The Cluny). You get knobs everywhere though, don't you?

Fucking hell, I'm amazed I haven't seen you around before I met you Alex, they're all pretty much "my" pubs. Was there a reason you missed the Free Trade though - best views on Tyneside!

Bestest pub ever in the history pubs in the entire Universe was the Barley Mow, before it became the Fog and Firkoff, and is now Stereo (?). Part of Newcastle died the day that pub shut, quite literally in George Vicker's case. It was part of the holy Trinity which included the Trent and the Eygpt cottage. The Trent alone is pretty much the same but the Egypt cottage has changed for the worse when I've been there. The Barley Mow was always best though.

Just forgot about the Free Trade, agree whole-heartedly though. You're spot on about the Barley Mow and the Egypt too. The Barley Mow was fucking class and was totally ruined when it became a Firkin Bar. The trade disappeared over night too. My mate lived rounf the corner from there and we went in for a game of pool on a Saturday night and there were more staff than punters. Stereo isn't much better tbh, although more of a money-spinner it would seem. I quite like The Tanners (Byker Bridge) too but I never go in since my mate moved to the Coast.

Fucking hell I drink in theTyne

in Leeds I'd say the best bars were, Normans, Iguanas, Hifi, HaHas, the Hyde Park and the Library

Is Elemental still open in Leeds? God, it was shit.

No idead, never heard of it.

where was/is it?

in Leeds I'd say the best bars were, Normans, Iguanas, Hifi, HaHas, the Hyde Park and the Library

Is Elemental still open in Leeds? God, it was shit.

No idead, never heard of it.

where was/is it?

It was a few years ago now when I went but I think it was around the Corn Exchange/Exchange Quarter. I just remember it being all neon blue lights and shit music. I think they were trying a bit too hard to be futuristic.

pretty sure it's not open any more.

that area of town is all pretty swanky these days, with Call Lane occupied entirely by the types of bars that I like and alex doesn't.

Dr Wu's, BRB, Normans, Jakes etc. there is a Revolution on there, but even that's a little more swanky than your average Rev bar

The sort of bars you like are ok Fish. Until they're more than 1/4 full.

You mean before GF enters them?

;)

shouldn't you be bin-dipping or something? :lol:

If your lass likes 80s music that much, stick some on her ipod and take her to a decent bar. :pmsl:

Thank fuck for that ;)

I don't like the downstairs, typical 'Spoons. Cramped, full of posers and no music. The upstairs is a bit better because it's not as cramped and only half full of posers.

Typical 'Spoons is not full of posers, full of fucking scruffs in my experience. Loyds in the gate is canny, as they have music, the clientelle is a bit rough like.

If your lass likes 80s music that much, stick some on her ipod and take her to a decent bar. :taunt:

Thank fuck for that ;)

Typical 'Spoons is not full of posers, full of fucking scruffs in my experience. Loyds in the gate is canny, as they have music, the clientelle is a bit rough like.

It's horrible. Agree about the clientelle though. :pmsl:

If your lass likes 80s music that much, stick some on her ipod and take her to a decent bar. :D

Thank fuck for that ;)

Whats the craic with the :taunt: ?

:slap:

If your lass likes 80s music that much, stick some on her ipod and take her to a decent bar. :D

Thank fuck for that ;)

Good point. It's a horrible place though. It's no Sam Jack's tbf.

Thank fuck for that ;)

Good point. It's a horrible place though. It's no Sam Jack's tbf.

Sam Jack's is alreet IMO. Got free shots last time I went in, the barmaid blatantly fancied me tbh.