Best Bar/Club in town?

Mark

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fucking hate those novelty bars where the barstaff wear chaps, or bikinis. Chav-arama-ding-dong

Yee-hah!

Whats the one in town with the mechanised bull? Buffalo Bills or something. :lol:

although on the plus side, it keeps all the scum out of the areas of Newcastle that I go to. Which can only be a good thing.

fucking hate those novelty bars where the barstaff wear chaps, or bikinis. Chav-arama-ding-dong

Yee-hah!

Whats the one in town with the mechanised bull? Buffalo Bills or something. :lol:

although on the plus side, it keeps all the scum out of the areas of Newcastle that I go to. Which can only be a good thing.

Buffalo Joe's? I haven't been like. I don't need to stick my hand in flame to know it'll hurt.

Yee-hah!

Buffalo Joe's? I haven't been like. I don't need to stick my hand in flame to know it'll hurt.

Fucking awful bar, I can't think of enough bad things to say about that place. If I ever go in there again I want shooting.

Yee-hah!

Fucking awful bar, I can't think of enough bad things to say about that place. If I ever go in there again I want shooting.

I'm proud to say I have never set foot in the place!

Yee-hah!

I'm proud to say I have never set foot in the place!

That's not what I've heard.

BTW, did anything ever happen to the bloke that hit your brother in chevies? It all kicked off there at new year. Seems to be getting rougher every week that place.

BTW, did anything ever happen to the bloke that hit your brother in chevies? It all kicked off there at new year. Seems to be getting rougher every week that place.

He got away with a caution as far as I know cos he "had no previous" (he had loads actually but no-one ever pressed charges) I think he may have also had a couple of coppers have a :lol: Quiet Word ;) with him as he didn't realise he was dealing with the family of a high-up and well respected sarge when he smacked my brother.

What happened New Year like? I was in the Tree but my brother popped down there for a quick drink with his mates before midnight - he didn't mention owt :pmsl:

He got away with a caution as far as I know cos he "had no previous" (he had loads actually but no-one ever pressed charges) I think he may have also had a couple of coppers have a :lol: Quiet Word ;) with him as he didn't realise he was dealing with the family of a high-up and well respected sarge when he smacked my brother.

What happened New Year like? I was in the Tree but my brother popped down there for a quick drink with his mates before midnight - he didn't mention owt :pmsl:

At about 1am it all kicked off, some pointless argument, turned into a massive brawl. Outside there was a few riot vans, copper cars, police dogs, loads of cops. Few tossers got arrested like, but there was half of the known scallys from Washington in there, so it was inevitable something would happen. It was good craic till then though.

We couldn't get tickets for the Tree.

You should have asked my dad :lol:

There was bother outside the Tree early on actually. Sounds like mebbes it was the same scallies cos there were police all over the place. They must have just migrated down to Chevs.

There was bother outside the Tree early on actually. Sounds like mebbes it was the same scallies cos there were police all over the place. They must have just migrated down to Chevs.

I was down the Tree until about half 8ish and I didn't see any bother, like.

The owner really missed a trick with this tickets only thing. I know they usually do it every year but he got 400 printed then decided to only sell 200 of them. I heard it was dead pretty much all night?

The owner really missed a trick with this tickets only thing. I know they usually do it every year but he got 400 printed then decided to only sell 200 of them. I heard it was dead pretty much all night?

It wasn't dead but it was nowhere near as heaving as it normally would be of a new year. Canny night actually with me fatha and some mates. You were probably there when we got in actually.

It wasn't dead but it was nowhere near as heaving as it normally would be of a new year. Canny night actually with me fatha and some mates. You were probably there when we got in actually.

He would have been the emo slitting his wrists in the corner next to the toilets.

At about 1am it all kicked off, some pointless argument, turned into a massive brawl. Outside there was a few riot vans, copper cars, police dogs, loads of cops. Few tossers got arrested like, but there was half of the known scallys from Washington in there, so it was inevitable something would happen. It was good craic till then though.

The fucking Trent. Went to one of the tt pissups (spilt more)

Sitting by myself, first in.

Blokes start taking the seats out.

Comes over takes the ash trays out

next asks can he have me table, no says I he proceeds to take every other table out.

So they could some more people in, fuck there was two knackers serving, they wanted less in.

complete pile of shite.

never compare to the clock :taunt:

I have real difficulties seeing past the Black Horse in Monkseaton.

However, is it the Tyne Bar that has gigs on outide. Along from the Ouseburn i think?

Whichever one it is, they have gigs out the back, its situated under a bridge and its good.

Has the horse re-opened yet? Last I heard the previous landlord ran the place into ground and shut up shop because he couldn't get beer supplies. Minor problem in a pub :lol:

I used to get in there now and again with a fellow manc who lives in Monkseaton. Never get much past the Tynemouth Lodge these days.

:lol:

Has the horse re-opened yet? Last I heard the previous landlord ran the place into ground and shut up shop because he couldn't get beer supplies.

I should probably be able to answer that, since it's five minutes form my front door, but I haven't got a clue! Out of the 6 pubs within 10 minutes walk of my house, I drink in none of them. ;)

Well, maybe the Black Horse, once a year.

Edited by WubbleUC

You should have asked my dad ;)

He would have been the emo slitting his wrists in the corner next to the toilets.

Piss off, I was buzzin that night. Proper off me rocker :lol:

Has the horse re-opened yet? Last I heard the previous landlord ran the place into ground and shut up shop because he couldn't get beer supplies.

I should probably be able to answer that, since it's five minutes form my front door, but I haven't got a clue! Out of the 6 pubs within 10 minutes walk of my house, I drink in none of them. ;)

Well you wouldn't would ya. The monkey is full of charvas, the ship is just.....well, it's the ship :pmsl: Beacon is only interested in the foodies, Hunting Lodge seems the pick of bad bunch. I don't think there is a decent boozer in the Monkseaton area.

Well you wouldn't would ya. The monkey is full of charvas, the ship is just.....well, it's the ship :pmsl: Beacon is only interested in the foodies, Hunting Lodge seems the pick of bad bunch. I don't think there is a decent boozer in the Monkseaton area.

WubbleUC, you will know me and my brother.

FYI the Horse was run into the ground, the lad running it was stealing money out of the till and blaming new bar staff. There were a right load of tossers who thought they were gangsters running card schools, dealing drugs and doing what the fuck they wanted.

A lad called Cliff took over last year, he used to the door at rogues / vagabonds in whitley years ago. He ended up running a proper hard nuts pub in the town and earnt his spurs as it were.

Cleaned it right up and its got a good vibe going on again, i was in on the sunday after west ham and i saw people that hadnt been in for 15 years. My parents live next door, where i grew up.

The Horse and the Beacon was where i drank as a young un, sometimes the Hunting lodge.

FYI the Horse was run into the ground, the lad running it was stealing money out of the till and blaming new bar staff. There were a right load of tossers who thought they were gangsters running card schools, dealing drugs and doing what the fuck they wanted.

A lad called Cliff took over last year, he used to the door at rogues / vagabonds in whitley years ago. He ended up running a proper hard nuts pub in the town and earnt his spurs as it were.

Cleaned it right up and its got a good vibe going on again, i was in on the sunday after west ham and i saw people that hadnt been in for 15 years. My parents live next door, where i grew up.

The Horse and the Beacon was where i drank as a young un, sometimes the Hunting lodge.

Aye, thats what I'd heard. A few of Shields finest found there way there after he bought it.

You not talking about T**n nicking the money are you? He always seemed sound when I went in. I'll have a look down now it's re-opened, I know a few lads drank in there, they've probably drifted back now if it's re-opened.

I used to play football for the Beacon back in the late 1970s when John Bird managed the team. We had a half decent team and it was a good boozer then.

Well you wouldn't would ya. The monkey is full of charvas, the ship is just.....well, it's the ship :taunt: Beacon is only interested in the foodies, Hunting Lodge seems the pick of bad bunch. I don't think there is a decent boozer in the Monkseaton area.

Aye, thats what I'd heard. A few of Shields finest found there way there after he bought it.

You not talking about T**n nicking the money are you? He always seemed sound when I went in. I'll have a look down now it's re-opened, I know a few lads drank in there, they've probably drifted back now if it's re-opened.

I used to play football for the Beacon back in the late 1970s when John Bird managed the team. We had a half decent team and it was a good boozer then.

Aye. Well thats what i was told at xmas and the other week.

I was a bit of a regular in the Beacon from around 94 to 99. On and off though as i left the north east in 97. If that makes any sense at all :pmsl: