Bored by Newcastle

Howaythetoon

Am I the only one? If it isn't the Chairman talking shite it's Roeder or Oliver, or one of our players, I'm truly bored of the injury saga, the transfer window sagas, the excuses, the same old failures, the general borefest that is NUFC at current. I think I'm now at the stage of not caring, I honestly don't even care whether we buy anyone or not, even though it will most likely put and end to the season. There is a desperate air of dead end predictability around the whole club for me and I can't see it changing anytime soon. The only bright spark was the potential of a takeover and now that seems unlikely too. Freddy needs a new soundbite, this club is boring the arse off its supporters.

Well I havent really been following or been interested in our part in this transfer window... nor am I that bothered if we don't sign anyone new either. Happy to keep on keeping on until the summer.

I was just about to post the same thing

I really lose all interest in football during the window, just so many fucking mongs posting crap as if they know anything about anything, when in fact they're repeating a rumour from a forum from another forum from alan fucking oliver. And we all know where his info comes from....

it's fucking simple, find an available player with talent who prefers newcastle over anyone else. A very short list if you have no money tbh

We've seen too many empty promises from this club for too long now.

This transfer window doesn't surprise me one bit.

That's true enough. As far as were concerned, I believe it when its actually happening.

Even next season is predictable, FS will spend all season long blaming the takeover business for not spending this transfer window and in the summer he'll spend 50m again, to show the world what a great chairman he is and how he always backs his managers, The result is Roeder will have to finish in 6th place or above because those magnificent fans deserve the best and when by January we are in midtable after a season of yet more injury crisis, he'll be sacked with Clarkie taking over as caretaker until we take our time to sift through all the top managers who you wouldn't believe want to manage Newcastle United. I'm dreading it already.

Really over the last three years we've succeeded in changing places and stature with Spurs.

theyv'e gone from 6th to 5th FFS

don't get your knickers in a twist about it. Spurs are an irrelevance in footballing terms

Even next season is predictable, FS will spend all season long blaming the takeover business for not spending this transfer window and in the summer he'll spend 50m again, to show the world what a great chairman he is and how he always backs his managers, The result is Roeder will have to finish in 6th place or above because those magnificent fans deserve the best and when by January we are in midtable after a season of yet more injury crisis, he'll be sacked with Clarkie taking over as caretaker until we take our time to sift through all the top managers who you wouldn't believe want to manage Newcastle United. I'm dreading it already.

This club will never spend £50m in a season again. It's going to take a hell of a long time before we can spend anything up to £15m tbh

Tbh I'm not bothered if we don't sign anyone this window.

Anyone we do sign will be a panic signing because there's noone worth signing, we're not going down, we're not going up anywhere, let's just see the season out, make a go of it in the UEFA and get some decent reinforcements in the close season.

I'm sick of these people ranting about us signing players then whinging when shite like Boumsong and Luque come in and are...shite.

give up the season by january?

now that is a depressing thought.

a couple of good buys and we could still push for an automatic uefa spot. a top 6 finish and a decent uefa cup run would be a relatively successful season.

we're in a decent position now. a couple of astute buys or loan deals and we could turn things around.

not that i expect either of the above to happen

Tbh I'm not bothered if we don't sign anyone this window.

Anyone we do sign will be a panic signing because there's noone worth signing, we're not going down, we're not going up anywhere, let's just see the season out, make a go of it in the UEFA and get some decent reinforcements in the close season.

I'm sick of these people ranting about us signing players then whinging when shite like Boumsong and Luque come in and are...shite.

Actually next season we could do ok with everyone fit, but I don't see us getting into the top 6 (never mind top 4) without a quality forward that's good in the air and can hold the ball up, a decent LB, and a seriously quality CB that has presence, awareness and good organisational skills, some one around Woodgate's ability tbh (and probably a quality playmaker for midfield unless Duff, Emre or Dyer pull their socks up).

This club will never spend £50m in a season again. It's going to take a hell of a long time before we can spend anything up to £15m tbh

Agree.

I predict a lower half of the table finish, and another drop in season ticket sales. Expect some crowds as low as 40,000 next season. Not sure how the increased Sky money will impact on us, but as all the premiership clubs are benefitting in relative terms it will not help us.

The club is slowly dying under the stewardship of Shepherd.

Agree.

I predict a lower half of the table finish, and another drop in season ticket sales. Expect some crowds as low as 40,000 next season. Not sure how the increased Sky money will impact on us, but as all the premiership clubs are benefitting in relative terms it will not help us.

Come on man, what about when Robson was first appointed? We were a shit mid-table team who were so skint we could only sign Kevin Gallacher! Didn't see crowds plummet then, or in the dire days of Souness.

Too much negativity going on round here, we might not sign anyone but when we've got a full team out its a decent side.

too many people think we have been a top 4 club for centuries

apart from the obvious, who the fuck is attracted enough by the footballing traditions of the Toon to come here as opposed to other clubs out there?

this fucking attitude that we have a divine right to this player or that player is total shortsighted bullshit, we had our chance and fucked it up. Live with it.

too many people think we have been a top 4 club for centuries

apart from the obvious, who the fuck is attracted enough by the footballing traditions of the Toon to come here as opposed to other clubs out there?

this fucking attitude that we have a divine right to this player or that player is total shortsighted bullshit, we had our chance and fucked it up. Live with it.

Who thinks we have a divine right to this or that player though? Not many people. There are some thickos who seem to think we can still compete with the big boys for signatures, but the vast majority know that we can't.

I think there are probably younger supporters who thought the Keegan/Robson era would be the norm and that our bad runs were blips but I think most people know we've blown it.

Agree.

Come on man, what about when Robson was first appointed? We were a shit mid-table team who were so skint we could only sign Kevin Gallacher! Didn't see crowds plummet then, or in the dire days of Souness.

Too much negativity going on round here, we might not sign anyone but when we've got a full team out its a decent side.

The reasons the crowds didn't plummet then was precisely because we had Robson as manager, who virtually everyone had faith in. Plus it had only been three years since we were a top 2 side, the memory was still fresh. Plus in those days the top clubs weren't as far apart from the pack as they are now.

Now we have Roeder, and absolutely no hope of getting in the top 4 let alone win the league.Season tickets have already plumetted and will continue to do so - I know several people who aren't renewing next year and, unlike previous seasons, this time they really are not crying wolf. Look at the away matches - it used to be nigh on impossible to get tickets for them, now, with a very few exceptions, they are all on general sale.

The club is bankrupt and in a downward spiral - that much would be obvious if you had read the accounts and is the reason for us not buying anyone.

You reckon we have a decent side? Well fine, that's your opinion, but I think it's the worst we've had for 15 years.

the club still has a lot of potential. a prospective buyer could do well out of nufc if had deep pockets and didn't mind taking debt on. once we see a half decent team play with passion the feel good factor will come back.

the reason we've seen so many takeovers recently is because of the record amounts of money coming into the game. i wouldn't rule it out just yet.

i just think the feeling of negativity will continue as long as shepherd is in charge because we all know he always makes the wrong decisions.

Agree.

The reasons the crowds didn't plummet then was precisely because we had Robson as manager, who virtually everyone had faith in. Plus it had only been three years since we were a top 2 side, the memory was still fresh. Plus in those days the top clubs weren't as far apart from the pack as they are now.

Now we have Roeder, and absolutely no hope of getting in the top 4 let alone win the league.Season tickets have already plumetted and will continue to do so - I know several people who aren't renewing next year and, unlike previous seasons, this time they really are not crying wolf. Look at the away matches - it used to be nigh on impossible to get tickets for them, now, with a very few exceptions, they are all on general sale.

The club is bankrupt and in a downward spiral - that much would be obvious if you had read the accounts and is the reason for us not buying anyone.

You reckon we have a decent side? Well fine, that's your opinion, but I think it's the worst we've had for 15 years.

I agree with the Robson/Roeder thing, perhaps I was being a bit simplistic with that example. Still think theres too much negativity though. The side isn't particularly good, thats why I said decent. Worst in 15 years? These last few weeks, yes i'd probably agree. But with Duff, Owen, N'Zogbia and Emre (to name just 4) still out its to be expected, with our full team out its a pretty decent XI imo.

I've read the accounts, and aye its not pretty reading. I don't particuarly trust Shepherd to drag us out of it either but there are plenty of teams out there without much money who can do well. Look at Bolton - with some good management a team with no resources can be successful. Granted, we don't have this good management from top to bottom, but the financial situation shouldn't mean the football team is fucked.

We had an ok team, that was severely underachieving.

Robson also completely rejuvenated Shearer which made a HUGE difference (as well as getting more or less the best out of everyone we then had).

Not to mention that (then at least) Bobby Robson was still one of the top managers in the world (the top for experience I'd say).

If we have no injuries we could maybe push for top 6 with the side we have, but to be in the top 4 or even top 5 I think we need serious strengthening up front and at the back..... and that won't come cheap.