Luques performance today.

Ugly Mackems

I think Robert could have offered more.

Seemed to amble around flattering to decieve - hitting the first man with his corners and totally untroubling the keeper at set pieces. Seemed to want one touch too many on a few of his more attacking moments.

One decent cross admittedly - but too little too late. Jury will be firmly out on this fella till I see him a few more times.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell man, one match, in a totally different culture, he only met his team mates yesterday. Give the lad a few games before you judge him, I thought his setpeices were good, apart from 1.

thought he had an ok game, looks like a good buy for 5m.

For 10m he looked a dodgy buy. Didnt sparkle enough to sense any ubber class in him.

Hes got some skill, but looked lost........however i can rember G speeds early matches, he looks crap too, wandering about like a lost lamb.

If this lad can keep his confidence, he could be good.

Hope the boo boys done undermine us on this one!!!

You should be a motivational speaker!

:blink:

20816[/snapback]

Pay me a fraction of what Souness is stealing off the Club and I'll consider it.

20818[/snapback]

I don't work for the club so even if I wanted to, I couldn't employ you.

In fact, there is nothing I can think of that I'd employ you for. You'd probably spend the day moaning that your missus only put Penguins in your bait box and not Wagon Wheels.

Sorry.

Fucking hell man, one match, in a totally different culture, he only met his team mates yesterday. Give the lad a few games before you judge him, I thought his setpeices were good, apart from 1.

20819[/snapback]

It is daft, but people are comparing him with Robert and with Roberts contributions in his first few games, thats understandable. With such a big price on his head (3 times Emre) and considerably more wages, he has a lot to live up to compered to his predecessor (who seems to be doing rather well at Portsmouth).

But yes, he deserves time. Something which Kluivert didn't get.

He was far from magnificent today, but to be fair, he has only been in the country for two days.

Players from La Liga generally need longer to settle than those from other countries; the hard-tackling, quick pace of the premiership is a far cry from the slow paced, technical style of football played in Spain...

If and when he adapts, he'll be a better footballer for us than Robert ever was...

If and when he adapts, he'll be a better footballer for us than Robert ever was...

20846[/snapback]

spot on

20853[/snapback]

Not that I disagree per se, but might I ask why?

20855[/snapback]

he's more consistent, good header of the ball, faster, better dribbler, left-peg is just as good

Can't judge him on one performace - he looks like he can wing a corner in, which is something we've been lacking for decades. His freekicks were on target at least. I'm pretty optimistic he can do well for us, but we'll have to see. Fuckin hell I'm pissed.

"the hard-tackling, quick pace of the premiership is a far cry from the slow paced, technical style of football played in Spain..."

not wrong, ther was an instance where the ref nearly picked him off the floor. Hed been clattered by a defender and loked at the ref expecting a free kick, ref more or less said, it was legal tackle, welcome the the priemership young man !

He smirked back. was a good moment )

"the hard-tackling, quick pace of the premiership is a far cry from the slow paced, technical style of football played in Spain..."

not wrong, ther was an instance where the ref nearly picked him off the floor.  Hed been clattered  by a defender and loked at the ref expecting a free kick, ref more or less said, it was legal tackle, welcome the the priemership young man !

He smirked back.    was a good moment )

20867[/snapback]

Spanish football slow? :blink:

not wrong, ther was an instance where the ref nearly picked him off the floor.  Hed been clattered  by a defender and loked at the ref expecting a free kick, ref more or less said, it was legal tackle, welcome the the priemership young man !

He smirked back.    was a good moment )

20867[/snapback]

Spanish football slow? :blink:

20869[/snapback]

Aye that Barcelona team man, slow as fuck.

he's more consistent, good header of the ball, faster, better dribbler, left-peg is just as good

He scores more goals, he's quicker, he has more flair; he's just generally a more complete player.

After one game you can tell all that? Right little soothsayers and no mistake eh.

Seriously I think he is a good player but how you can judge someone like that already is slightly disconcerting.

Hell if we are going on a game by game basis to determine things, this weekend Robert got an assist, Luque didn't. Therefore Robert reigns supreme.

Just as nonsensical as your support of Luque. :blink: