Luques performance today.

Ugly Mackems

Spanish football slow?  :blink:

20869[/snapback]

Well, yeah; you get more time on the ball in La Liga, and the general tempo of the game is completely different to that of games played in the Premiership, where the football is far more direct...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's more consistent, good header of the ball, faster, better dribbler, left-peg is just as good

He scores more goals, he's quicker, he has more flair; he's just generally a more complete player.

After one game you can tell all that? Right little soothsayers and no mistake eh.

Seriously I think he is a good player but how you can judge someone like that already is slightly disconcerting.

Hell if we are going on a game by game basis to determine things, this weekend Robert got an assist, Luque didn't. Therefore Robert reigns supreme.

Just as nonsensical as your support of Luque. :blink:

20873[/snapback]

or the fact i've watched him perform over the years in La Liga

he's more consistent, good header of the ball, faster, better dribbler, left-peg is just as good

He scores more goals, he's quicker, he has more flair; he's just generally a more complete player.

After one game you can tell all that? Right little soothsayers and no mistake eh.

Seriously I think he is a good player but how you can judge someone like that already is slightly disconcerting.

Hell if we are going on a game by game basis to determine things, this weekend Robert got an assist, Luque didn't. Therefore Robert reigns supreme.

20873[/snapback]

20880[/snapback]

Exactly.

There is a footballing world outside of the Premiership you know, Bottled Dog?

20873[/snapback]

20880[/snapback]

I have seen him play previously too. You may or may not have seen him more often but neither of us have seen him play for Newcastle before and that is primarily where my interest lies.

I for one hope he is fantastic for us but I am not willing to lay down judgement on him quite yet. Nor say for certain he has surpassed Robert.

/because as yet, he has not.

I can't see why anyone is attacking Luque's performance, I don't think he was anyworse than anyone on the park, he needs time to settle in, and to become used to the Premiership.

Get a grip people.

I can't see why anyone is attacking Luque's performance, I don't think he was anyworse than anyone on the park, he needs time to settle in, and to become used to the Premiership.

Get a grip people.

20887[/snapback]

Or over exaggerating it indeed. I agree entirely.

I think Robert could have offered more.

Seemed to amble around flattering to decieve - hitting the first man with his corners and totally untroubling the keeper at set pieces. Seemed to want one touch too many on a few of his more attacking moments.

One decent cross admittedly - but too little too late. Jury will be firmly out on this fella till I see him a few more times.

20811[/snapback]

Aren't you the very same Ugly Mackems who in the past in defence of Mssr Robert's abject performances has said that you should never judge a player one one idividual performance alone? :blink:

I think Robert could have offered more.

Seemed to amble around flattering to decieve - hitting the first man with his corners and totally untroubling the keeper at set pieces. Seemed to want one touch too many on a few of his more attacking moments.

One decent cross admittedly - but too little too late. Jury will be firmly out on this fella till I see him a few more times.

20811[/snapback]

First impression was he started brightly, but later lacked heart.

Bad sign.

Oh well, thats 9.5m towards replacing Bellamy and Robert, if he doesn't do it then Shepherd is just going to have to bale out fuckwit again

Edited by LeazesMag

"the hard-tackling, quick pace of the premiership is a far cry from the slow paced, technical style of football played in Spain..."

not wrong, ther was an instance where the ref nearly picked him off the floor.  Hed been clattered  by a defender and loked at the ref expecting a free kick, ref more or less said, it was legal tackle, welcome the the priemership young man !

He smirked back.    was a good moment )

20867[/snapback]

How much more money do you think Shepherd should back his manager with now ?

Jesus Christ, the lad makes his debut against Man Utd having been in the country two days. Sorry like, but now is not the time to be making judgements of him. Unless that is you're so blinded by your hatred of the manager that this just gives you something else to witter on about. Pathetic.

Jesus Christ, the lad makes his debut against Man Utd having been in the country two days.  Sorry like, but now is not the time to be making judgements of him.  Unless that is you're so blinded by your hatred of the manager that this just gives you something else to witter on about.  Pathetic.

21053[/snapback]

good post. especially the last word.

Jesus Christ, the lad makes his debut against Man Utd having been in the country two days.  Sorry like, but now is not the time to be making judgements of him.  Unless that is you're so blinded by your hatred of the manager that this just gives you something else to witter on about.  Pathetic.

21053[/snapback]

Agree. Coming from spanish footy to the prem, with no pre season or practically any training with his new team he gets thrown into his debut straight away, against one of the top teams in the prem, whilst we are in the middleof a crisis and playing shite and having little or no help in attack because of our manager/formation, the injuries etc.

And people think you can judge him on this???

You don't judge any player after one game, some players do little for a season before becoming great players (Henry, Pires etc at arsenal being the best examples)

21053[/snapback]

Agree. Coming from spanish footy to the prem, with no pre season or practically any training with his new team he gets thrown into his debut straight away, against one of the top teams in the prem, whilst we are in the middleof a crisis and playing shite and having little or no help in attack because of our manager/formation, the injuries etc.

And people think you can judge him on this???

You don't judge any player after one game, some players do little for a season before becoming great players (Henry, Pires etc at arsenal being the best examples)

21099[/snapback]

Has it ever happened with a manager?

Instant success is rare in this world.

Working at things is how you get somewhere.......

21053[/snapback]

why not ? I'm not making judgements, but lacking heart is a serious flaw, of course you support the manager selling the player with the most desire and one of the biggest hearts at the club. You are so blinded by Souness's fuckwit lies propaganda you can't the nose in front of your face probably.

Are you not still wittering on about giving Souness a chance ?

If you have low expectations for this football, thats your problem.

21053[/snapback]

good post. especially the last word.

21071[/snapback]

Omar the expert has seen Newcastle play how many times ??

21053[/snapback]

why not ? I'm not making judgements, but lacking heart is a serious flaw, of course you support the manager selling the player with the most desire and one of the biggest hearts at the club. You are so blinded by Souness's fuckwit lies propaganda you can't the nose in front of your face probably.

21115[/snapback]

Try addressing the issue at hand instead of wittering on about Bellamy and Robert for once. Is it right to judge Luque on 90 minutes of Premiership football? You apparently think so, I don't.

21053[/snapback]

21115[/snapback]

Try addressing the issue at hand instead of wittering on about Bellamy and Robert for once. Is it right to judge Luque on 90 minutes of Premiership football? You apparently think so, I don't.

21117[/snapback]

I'm not making a judgement yet. The best player I have ever seen play for Newcastle had a quiet debut, but you could still see he had talent and a heart. It is the first time I have seen Emre too and was hugely impressed as I said.

Did you think Fumaca and Faye were crap after one game ? So what is wrong with making instant judgements sometimes ?

I do however think it's about time you got off your high horse and found it in yourself to admit that Souness is a shit manager, and one or two good signings won't change that. If you can't do that then that is pathetic.

Edited by LeazesMag