Gabby Logan

Tooj

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrele.../20/logan.shtml

Date: 20.12.2006

The BBC today announced Gabby Logan will be joining the corporation in the New Year to present its new sports news programme, due to launch on BBC One by the summer of 2007.

She will also present a number of live sport events for the BBC.

A former Commonwealth Games gymnast, Logan, who has previously worked at Sky and most recently at ITV, will also have a role as a member of BBC Radio Five Live's presenting team.

Gaby Logan said: "I'm thrilled to be joining the BBC at such an exciting time. The opportunity of working on the sports news programme was one I just couldn't resist."

BBC Director of Sport, Roger Mosey, said: "Gabby has an impressive background in sports broadcasting and she'll be a fantastic addition to the BBC Sport team."

Mark Sharman, Director of ITV Sport, said: "I would like to thank Gabby for all her contributions to ITV Sport over the last eight years. We wish her all the best with the next phase of her career."

think she got a bit anoyed at being sidelined by ITV for thw World Cup.

Since the birth of her twins and the return of Steve Rider to ITV, she had been given a co-host role. This has included ITV's coverage of the 2006 World Cup. In August 2006 when Champions League returned to ITV, Logan was not present and it was announced under the ITV team section of the ITV football website that Logan would front ITV's UEFA cup coverage. Rider now fronts ITV's Champions League with Jim Rosenthal as deputy.

In October 2006, the Daily Mirror reported that the BBC was interested in signing her up for their sports coverage, following her fall from favour at ITV. On 19th December 2006, it was announced that Gabby had quit ITV, in favour of a move to the BBC.[2] She will front an all new sports news show, cover live sport events and work on BBC Radio 5 Live projects, like Fighting Talk, in which she is the stand in presenter for Colin Murray. ITV's UEFA Cup coverage will now be fronted by The Championship presenter Matt Smith.

thats never a bad thing.

good-ish presenter tbh. steve rider is a big player in television so he was bound to get the big gigs (and paychecks) on ITV. the guy brought touring cars to the tv and in the mid 90's it was one of the most watched tv sports around.

oh and he has super hair?

So a thread about a hot female containing absolutely no pics whatsoever?

... :blink:

Had on, I'll hoy one of me up on here for you instead... :up:

:)

Never thought Gabby Logan was good looking. The one on catmag's profile is better imo :P

Never thought Gabby Logan was good looking. The one on catmag's profile is better imo :P

Catmags got a stalker tbh

terry%20thomas.JPG

Had on, I'll hoy one of me up on here for you instead... :P

:up:

Never thought Gabby Logan was good looking. The one on catmag's profile is better imo :suicide:

Young Daniel is gonna be green with envy! :)

• 11 years later...

zZhLEHs.jpg

Gabby Logan Signs To Become A Foundation Patron

Newcastle United Foundation is excited to announce that sports broadcaster and Newcastle United fan Gabby Logan has become a Patron of the charity.

Gabby has hosted the Foundation’s Annual Fundraising Dinner for the last two years, celebrating the Club’s 125th Anniversary and the Foundation’s 10th Anniversary, and has supported the charity in recognising the achievements of outstanding participants from their extensive community programmes.

A former international gymnast, Gabby began her broadcasting career in radio in 1992 and joined Sky Sports in 1996 where she quickly established herself as one of their key presenters. She joined ITV in 1998 and during her time at the channel Gabby’s repertoire expanded through presenting various fixtures including The World Cup and Champions League.

In 2004 Gabby hosted Sport Relief for the BBC before joining the corporation in 2007.

While at the BBC Gabby has presented the Final Score, Inside Sport, Invictus Games, MOTD Six Nations, The Olympic Journey, The One Show, Inspire: The Premier League Show, The World Swimming Championships and Women’s Football, making her one of the network’s most integral faces. She was also a key member of the BBC’s presenting team for the 2012 and 2016 Olympic Games, 2014 Brazil World Cup and the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games.

Gabby Logan said: “I have been so impressed by the scale and impact of the work Newcastle United Foundation does in the community. Over the last 18 months I have had a real insight into the variety of support they offer and how bespoke their engagement is with so many different groups in our society. Their vision for the future, building Project Pitchside just around the corner from St. James’ Park, is really inspiring and will enable them to help even more people.  It makes me really proud to be a Toon fan and I am so pleased to be working more closely with the Foundation to support their work.”

Kate Bradley, Head of Newcastle United Foundation, added: “As the reach of Newcastle United Foundation continues to grow, we are delighted to welcome Gabby Logan as our patron. As the host of the Foundation’s annual awards event for the last two years, Gabby has seen first hand the impact of our work in our community and has developed a strong connection to our charity.

“It is wonderful to recognise this relationship formally by inviting Gabby to join Bob Moncur, Jonathan Edwards and Shola Ameobi as a Foundation Patron.”

Newcastle United Foundation uses the power of football to motivate and inspire people to be more active, to participate in a wide range of sports, to learn, to be more employable, to be healthier, to overcome obstacles, to respect themselves and each other, to have fun and to reach their potential.  We coach, mentor, educate and provide opportunities to communities that truly need them, reaching over 54,000 people each year across Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside and Northumberland through a wide range of sporting, education and health programmes.

https://nufoundation.org.uk/gabby-logan-signs-to-become-a-foundation-patron/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

zZhLEHs.jpg

Gabby Logan Signs To Become A Foundation Patron

Newcastle United Foundation is excited to announce that sports broadcaster and Newcastle United fan Gabby Logan has become a Patron of the charity.

Gabby has hosted the Foundation’s Annual Fundraising Dinner for the last two years, celebrating the Club’s 125th Anniversary and the Foundation’s 10th Anniversary, and has supported the charity in recognising the achievements of outstanding participants from their extensive community programmes.

A former international gymnast, Gabby began her broadcasting career in radio in 1992 and joined Sky Sports in 1996 where she quickly established herself as one of their key presenters. She joined ITV in 1998 and during her time at the channel Gabby’s repertoire expanded through presenting various fixtures including The World Cup and Champions League.

In 2004 Gabby hosted Sport Relief for the BBC before joining the corporation in 2007.

While at the BBC Gabby has presented the Final Score, Inside Sport, Invictus Games, MOTD Six Nations, The Olympic Journey, The One Show, Inspire: The Premier League Show, The World Swimming Championships and Women’s Football, making her one of the network’s most integral faces. She was also a key member of the BBC’s presenting team for the 2012 and 2016 Olympic Games, 2014 Brazil World Cup and the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games.

Gabby Logan said: “I have been so impressed by the scale and impact of the work Newcastle United Foundation does in the community. Over the last 18 months I have had a real insight into the variety of support they offer and how bespoke their engagement is with so many different groups in our society. Their vision for the future, building Project Pitchside just around the corner from St. James’ Park, is really inspiring and will enable them to help even more people.  It makes me really proud to be a Toon fan and I am so pleased to be working more closely with the Foundation to support their work.”

Kate Bradley, Head of Newcastle United Foundation, added: “As the reach of Newcastle United Foundation continues to grow, we are delighted to welcome Gabby Logan as our patron. As the host of the Foundation’s annual awards event for the last two years, Gabby has seen first hand the impact of our work in our community and has developed a strong connection to our charity.

“It is wonderful to recognise this relationship formally by inviting Gabby to join Bob Moncur, Jonathan Edwards and Shola Ameobi as a Foundation Patron.”

Newcastle United Foundation uses the power of football to motivate and inspire people to be more active, to participate in a wide range of sports, to learn, to be more employable, to be healthier, to overcome obstacles, to respect themselves and each other, to have fun and to reach their potential.  We coach, mentor, educate and provide opportunities to communities that truly need them, reaching over 54,000 people each year across Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside and Northumberland through a wide range of sporting, education and health programmes.

https://nufoundation.org.uk/gabby-logan-signs-to-become-a-foundation-patron/

That's Gabby added to the long long makem hate list.

19 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

That's Gabby added to the long long makem hate list.

I’m sure they’re well aware that she’s a Newcastle fan. 

She’s not exactly hidden it for the past twenty years.