Top Gear

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Johnson was very quick!!!

I almost forgot he was on when it returned to the classics racing for some reason.... :)

This series has been pretty poor

agreed, they need more of the cheap car challenges I've always enjoyed them most as the features

I think it's a bit derelict now.

Dave Television, BBC three and the normal show constantly in your face has killed it.

It's predictable, grim and boring with one laugh every half an hour.

It feels less of a car show and more of a Clarkson egofest. I like Hammond and I sympathise May but I do wish the entire thing would fuck off for a while.

I quite enjoyed May's wine programs, in California and in France.

I think the thing is with Top Gear these days is it repetitious nature.

You pretty much know what's happening, Clarkson and Hammond pick on may, they say something sarcastic about a car, the stig is hard as nails, etc etc yaaaawn

The more series they do, the more difficult it is for them to come up with something interesting / funny / original.

It could do with a re-vamp. I'd get rid of star in the car and the cool wall straight away.

But it's such a ratings winner I expect they are loathed to tinker with it too much.

The more series they do, the more difficult it is for them to come up with something interesting / funny / original.

It could do with a re-vamp. I'd get rid of star in the car and the cool wall straight away.

But it's such a ratings winner I expect they are loathed to tinker with it too much.

agree with the revamp particularly about losing the star and the cool wall, I think maybe keeping star but not having it every week would work so they only get people who are actually interesting

May is the best presenter on the show when he is allowed to make his own segment, the one on the honda clarity a while ago is one of my favourite proper review things they've done

if anything they need to get rid of hammond, hes just become an exact clone of clarkson in presenting style he offers nothing other than being an annoying little wanker

If anything I think a female presenter would work wonders.

They've backed themselves that far into the blokey corner it would be very difficult to cast a female presenter that would actually work. Sabine Schmidt would probably stand up to them.

Definitely can't get a woman involved, not because they're not the right presenter, but it's the wrong audience. It's like having that lass commentate on the football. I don't care what she's saying, it's her voice that puts me on edge. Imagine that lass describing how the new Lamborghini handles at 200mph?

I'd ditch the wall, but I like the siarpc, I certainly think since they've had Wahlberg and Leno they can start aiming a little higher than just British slebs. As with every show it's just an excuse for the guests to plug their shit, but that's fine if they're interested in automobiles, planes or trains.

A season long project would be good too, build a kit car from scratch, suggest that they haven't got a clue what the other is building and have no idea what the final challenges will be.

A change in the track would be good too, I think everybody is tired of seeing what are essentially the same laps, time and again. Perhaps have a pseudo-rally stage? Maybe have two stars duke it out over two stages, first week they plug one guy and show the first stage, second week they plug second guys stuff and show the other race?

I think stopping with the challenges that are purely designed to make the hosts look like idiotic twats would be good too, more of the amphibious car/cheap car style contests with less of the blatant set ups and things that are just pointless ie taking three really old shit alfas to that show thing they did more stuff like when they had the british leyland cars or the italian super for less than 10k sort of thing