Top Gear

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

i thought the electric car piece was canny - they seemed to like the actual cars themselves but when it came to charging them up they took the piss in their usual style.

cars were fine - its the infrastructure thats lacking.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought the electric car piece was canny - they seemed to like the actual cars themselves but when it came to charging them up they took the piss in their usual style.

cars were fine - its the infrastructure thats lacking.

Seemed daft to me that the approach taken will be to recharge your own battery for a half day to be able to do another 100 mile.

Surely the solution is to have all electric car batteries being replaceable and just trading in an empty battery and a little cash for a fully charged battery. I understand the batteries are mammoth at the moment, but that will improve.

Beats Clarkson's idea of using Dodgems.

this last series was one of the best for a few years, the odd daft bit creeping in but it was largely about cars which was novel.

Seen today that theyre getting shit for the electric cars piece in the last episode

Nissan bitching cause the electric cars faults were shown off not unlike Tesla a couple of years ago

my favourite though is the complaints about May and Clarkson parking in disabled spaces in that film

screen-shot-2011-08-02-at-17.03.55.png

some great quotes about this

"Jim Rawlings, of Disabled Motoring UK, told the Daily Telegraph that he was sure that Clarkson 'wouldn't have cared' about parking up in a disabled bay.

He said: "I'm sure the last thing on Jeremy Clarkson's mind was that he was parked in a disabled bay."

missing out obviously that the car park had been closed for them to do the filming in it!

That place they're parked looks bizarrely familiar :lol:

they were at a service station or something near lincoln so it could well be one you have been to

What where they doing in Lincolnshire!?

driving some electric cars

they were at a service station or something near lincoln so it could well be one you have been to

What where they doing in Lincolnshire!?

Being twats, at a guess.

Wonder if Clarkson will shut up and fuck off to Salford if these riots get a little too close for comfort.

he lives in chipping norton I have a feeling there wont be riots there